Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Applying to join An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jdq

kerry4sam wrote: »
    This would be better posted in the Medical section as it relates to Stage3 ...

In your form B you are asked if you were ever hospitalised yes/no? If yes then you have to state the reasons for it ... If they feel they need more info other than what's wrote by you or if they need something clarified they will contact your GP BUT your GP is required by law to contact you first to inform you of such, if they wish to look into your medical file

Oh and by the by, not havin a go or anything, I only put this question in this thread because of the stage of the process I'm at and the fact that if what I'm on about is a bar to progress then none of the other stages will matter!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

jdq wrote: »
    Cool, thanks k4sam... I just know from experience that for example insurance co's can check out all kinds of stuff behind your back and you wouldnt even know bout it...Anyone else any experience good/bad regarding this previous gp thing etc?

The difference is that: they can contact your GP and ask general questions and your GP is not obliged to let you know but anything in detail from your file and you are to be notified by your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jdq

The difference is that: they can contact your GP and ask general questions and your GP is not obliged to let you know but anything in detail from your file and you are to be notified by your GP

Thanks horse, any 1 else any experience of this? although kerry4 sam has pretty much answered my question, any input appreciated, (mods: bump away - just think its one of those things you would want to know before the other stages)

Thanks

jdq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

shakin wrote: »
    Deferrals are given in certain cases. Obviously a deferral will only be processed when an applicant is given a definite ‘job offer’. Deferrals are usually only given for a 3 month period, with each one being dealt with on it’s own merits.
    In most cases, deferrals are requested where an applicant is completing a college/university course, etc. If an applicant was at the early stages of a course, a deferral would not normally be granted and the applicant would be required to re-apply.

be warned it could sting you!

Thanks lads, helps a lot! Shakin, did you get that info from anywhere in particular?? And Murphy, how long have you got left in college??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

just said id drop ye aline, spoke to PAS yesturday i was told would be mid week before we will get an E-mail to let us book an Apptitude date and i also asked when were the interview dates booked for was told depends on apptitude results ie, top scores will get batch 1 etc etc so from that it implys that if i did mine on the 9th june and an other did it the last day set then we could end up doing our interview for stage 2 on the same day,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

karlokarl wrote: »
    Thanks lads, helps a lot! Shakin, did you get that info from anywhere in particular?? And Murphy, how long have you got left in college??

the horses mouth a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭keith101

hi can anyone tell me is it down to your local garda station to carry out your background checks... and is it your local station that gives you the all clear concerning whether you'd be eligible.....thanks

keith101 wrote: »
    hi can anyone tell me is it down to your local garda station to carry out your background checks... and is it your local station that gives you the all clear concerning whether you'd be eligible.....thanks
    Yes its your local station that should give you the all clear and see you eligible for the position, background checks are done at a local level but also national level, say you had family in UK/USA then obviously checks from such countries authorities would be done, if youve family living outside Ireland your checks take alot longer, but every case is different

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭keith101

thanks for that.... how far back do you have to give.... first second and third cousins... gran uncles gran aunts?????

keith101 wrote: »
    thanks for that.... how far back do you have to give.... first second and third cousins... gran uncles gran aunts?????

The background checks are done on the info you provide in your FormB, therefore on your:

- parents
    - brothers / sisters and half-brothers / sisters
    - immediate aunts & uncles
    - details from spouse / partner (if applicable)
    - spouse / partners' brothers / sisters / aunts / uncles (if applicable)

look at the thread on Stage1b ... FormB for more info :)

• Advertisement

Spoke with PAS this morning and was informed that August is NOT definite for next recruitment drive ...

It will depend on those going through this current campaign and how the numbers fair there in terms of quantity passing the stage (s) and how many more candidates they need to fill the places when taking in candidates from previous campaigns ...

Was informed that their will be 1more recruitment campaign toward the end of this year but no month has been looked into yet for reasons mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mc-panda

The Garda vetting office is based in Thurles. This is where the backgroung checks would be processed, I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

mc-panda wrote: »
    The Garda vetting office is based in Thurles. This is where the backgroung checks would be processed, I'm sure.

It's actually done by the Garda Appointments in Phoenix Park, Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mc-panda

Oh. Sorry for providing wrong information so. It's just that all of my previous jobs required Garda Clearance and the forms I filled out had an address to a vetting unit in Thurles. I'm pretty sure of that much.

Spoke with PAS this morning and was informed that August is NOT definite for next recruitment drive ...

It will depend on those going through this current campaign and how the numbers fair there in terms of quantity passing the stage (s) and how many more candidates they need to fill the places when taking in candidates from previous campaigns ...

Was informed that their will be 1more recruitment campaign toward the end of this year but no month has been looked into yet for reasons mentioned above.

make sense if there are large numbers getting through,at lest there is one this year kerry:)

make sense if there are large numbers getting through,at lest there is one this year kerry:)

yeah shakin' you can imagine the relief by me to know for definite that their will another one and i'll be eligible to re-apply :D

yeah shakin' you can imagine the relief by me to know for definite that their will another one and i'll be eligible to re-apply :D

i bet,its not long away now...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

It begins again..................just got a mail from public jobs about the apptitude tests:D

YES just got a txt we can book a test date from tomorrow for stage 1.

widget64 wrote: »
    It begins again..................just got a mail from public jobs about the apptitude tests:D

i checked, i didnt get one yet:(:(

• Advertisement

shakin ring them if you dont get any thing by half 4 they will be in office till 5, last time for me i didnt get the mesg but got incontact with them to resend the mesg id say they may be jus sending them no panic

goouch wrote: »
    shakin ring them if you dont get any thing by half 4 they will be in office till 5, last time for me i didnt get the mesg but got incontact with them to resend the mesg id say they may be jus sending them no panic

thanks for the advice goouch ill give them an hour so, feckers!:D

thanks for the advice goouch ill give them an hour so, feckers!:D
    yep 018587400 thats the no. if you dont have it at hand, jez its starting to get excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Check your spam...mine was in there for some reason.

guys and girls check yer mesgs on yer personal page on public jobs

goouch wrote: »
    guys and girls check yer mesgs on yer personal page on public jobs

good call goouch i got it and i was just going to ring them! why are they sending them to the publicjobs?
    it says you will get your candidate number when you ring,but mine was in the email?

interview form to be in by thursday week the 5th

its all happening so fast now!!

yep i know taught that was odd but sure maybe they want a big burst to grt us in by Aug.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

good call goouch i got it and i was just going to ring them! why are they sending them to the publicjobs?
    it says you will get your candidate number when you ring,but mine was in the email?

interview form to be in by thursday week the 5th

its all happening so fast now!!

bout the only thing in the process thats fast ;)

this your first time applying shakin?

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    bout the only thing in the process thats fast ;)

this your first time applying shakin?

no second bite,went down at the first hurdle the last time so goin for it this time!

any idea whats the best date to get? between the 9th and 26th, ive exams til thursday so was thinking the week of the 16th at the earliest,if i do it as late as possible can i still get to interview as quick as someone who does it the 9th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Interviews are done i think on were you place in the appy tests. Be it in Batch 1.2 ect.

did you look into any prep course's or anything like that?

Advertisement