Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Applying to join An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Doubles all the way for the winner!!!!:p

Haz i think your the last one in the bet to go, im up on the Tuesday!!!!!

Im hoping to be sitting pretty after that with a nice letter of acceptance for August.

edit - by way of an update, i seem to have that one outstanding check still togo on my Backgroud check, does anybody know what that is? or if it will be taken care of by next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Roar83

What time is the morning test on tomorrow??? (june 19th?)

09.30am i believe, double check with appointments though to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

Roar83 wrote: »
    What time is the morning test on tomorrow??? (june 19th?)

Yeah mine is the morning one and is at 9.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

srdb20 wrote: »
    Doubles all the way for the winner!!!!:p

Im hoping to be sitting pretty after that with a nice letter of acceptance for August.

edit - by way of an update, i seem to have that one outstanding check still togo on my Backgroud check, does anybody know what that is? or if it will be taken care of by next week?

the 'one outstanding check' seems just to be a term they use til your application is fully processed and that. As its whats being told to most people who have the majority of the process complete.

Just remember the way sr, dont what you getting lost when your Chafuering( spelling) me down :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Same here. Since March if i remember correctly. And two different people in HQ confirmed that Poland is done, so it's something here.

I tend do agree with Dr Mason, it could be anything.

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    the 'one outstanding check' seems just to be a term they use til your application is fully processed and that. As its whats being told to most people who have the majority of the process complete.

Just remember the way sr, dont what you getting lost when your Chafuering( spelling) me down :p

Im hoping this one check will be completed ASAP as ill have to give notice in work and stuff! Or leave it till the last minute and i dont fancy leaving on bad terms:p

Ye well just remember if the radio breaks you will have to start singing on the way down....:D:D:D

i more of a dancer sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Ill be the last one :p

Going back to medical place next thurs with my eye report, so hoping for a pct date on the spot , so fingers crossed ill be doing it first week of July.

Going to be a right sickener when I steal it at the finishing post :D

drinks all round for me!

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Ill be the last one :p

Going back to medical place next thurs with my eye report, so hoping for a pct date on the spot , so fingers crossed ill be doing it first week of July.

Going to be a right sickener when I steal it at the finishing post :D

drinks all round for me!

Id have to call stewards inquiry if you win!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 biggame83

Does anyone know when approximetely the next time is that they will be recruiting? What does the 6/18 mean for eyesight in diopters. Lens Strength of 1.5 dipters at the moment in both eyes.

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    Id have to call stewards inquiry if you win!!! ;)

:D

I'll be calling it if I lose !

:D

I'll be calling WHEN if I lose !

FIXED :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

ojewriej wrote: »
    A lot of people do that - I've done it twice myself, and passed the interview each time.
    Haz33 wrote:
    Wouldn't imagine this will not matter at all. If you fitted 3 scenarios into 1 box, you have a better way with words than me . I got it hard to fit 1 in but as the good doctor says just make sure you know all 12. There is a higher chance of being caught out on interview. Good luck

Thanks guys, only seeing these now, but I appreciate the answers. Feel a bit better now! I've been dreading the interview (even though I might not even get one) because of it.
    Had the aptitude test this morning, it's pretty hard to know if you did well or not, but I think it went ok. Fingers crossed anyways, and good luck to anyone else in the same situation. Has anyone received their results yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

Blue Belle wrote: »
    Thanks guys, only seeing these now, but I appreciate the answers. Feel a bit better now! I've been dreading the interview (even though I might not even get one) because of it.
    Had the aptitude test this morning, it's pretty hard to know if you did well or not, but I think it went ok. Fingers crossed anyways, and good luck to anyone else in the same situation. Has anyone received their results yet?

Im in the same boat, i sat mine on saturday but not to sure how i did in it. except for the fact that i didnt get all the analytical reasoning finished. Best of luck tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone have info on what way they station people who are married with kids.Thinking of applying the next time around but the only thing putting me off is if I was to get ststioned to far away from home when qualified.

Depending on your circumstances you can request to be stationed in a certain district although this is not a guarantee that you will get it!!!! it is completetly at there discretion!!!

can you put in for a transfer after a certain amount of time

Yup i think its after 2 years when you have finished your training

So...big week all round lads.

Few of ye going down for yer PCT's
    I'm going back to HQ with my eye report.

Hopefully we'll all have something to celebrate come next weekend!

• Advertisement

So...big week all round lads.

Few of ye going down for yer PCT's
    I'm going back to HQ with my eye report.

Hopefully we'll all have something to celebrate come next weekend!

+1 definitely:D:D:D:D

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has information on the eyesight,are you tested on both eyes or is it your overall vision they test.

Joker can fill you in there!!!

Joker can fill you in there!!!

My chosen area of expertise is..............:D

You're tested on both individually, although it may appear you are tested on both together. (the machine seems to test one eye at a time, even though you're looking straight ahead with both eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nelly84

hi, just new to this thread....im after doin my first stage assessment and have got a date of 30th July for my interview..does the place number they give you actully mean anythin? i got 265(ish) does any one know how many gardai are being recruited this time around? and does anyone know about that form that needs to be sent in? is there a certain date it needs to be sent in? Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

nelly84 wrote: »
    hi, just new to this thread....im after doin my first stage assessment and have got a date of 30th July for my interview..does the place number they give you actully mean anythin? i got 265(ish) does any one know how many gardai are being recruited this time around? and does anyone know about that form that needs to be sent in? is there a certain date it needs to be sent in? Thanks!!

hey nelly84, that 265 is in order of merit, its how you compared to every one else in your batch. i came 150 or so places lower then you and got the 31st of july for my interview date. there is no dead line for the form but the quicker the better. if take a look here (<<<click) you will find a lot of good info on the form. anything else let me know:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

Hi guys i came around the 350 mark in batch 1 but i havent got my interview date yet should i ring public jobs or wait it out?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 becks4bucks

no worries 85 - im in the same boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

no worries 85 - im in the same boat!

do you have any idea when we might be called for interview?:) dont want to book holiday til i get me date:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 becks4bucks

well heres hoping for the second or third week in August - im out foreign for four days on a stag do and im the bestman!!

Advertisement