Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people lose faith?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

PS Wicknight - you will notice I was not addressing whether or not God exists - only why if he/she/it did exist we would be dependent on it.

And you will notice that I was simply pointing out the flaw in your statements (I'm not sure how you think your position is based on logic, since it is pretty classic example of begging the question)

Why we breath in and out, why we reproduce, why a seed grows is understood by science and is a natural consequence of the chain of chemical laws.

God is not required for this, so the argument that he sustains us, that we are dependent upon him for this, is flawed.

It can be asserted that God created the rules of the universe to allow this to happen, but that isn't the same as what you are asserting. Even if God exists we are not dependent on him for these things.

Advertisement