Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top gear coming to Dublin

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Strangely your opinion does nothing to justify 250 euro for two tickets for that crap to me. You have your opinion that you enjoyed it, great for you, i thought it was crap for reasons explained already.

The bt tickets were supposed to come with vouchers and programmes and the paddock tour, no vouchers, no programmes and the paddock tour wasn't
    a tour at all. All in all i feel that in the description we were lied to by the event organisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blondes rule

well exxcccuuussseee me! I rather thought the object of the boards was expressing our opinions and replying to others and generally interacting - apparently I was wrong!

I'm fairly sure I wasn't trying to make you feel better - it would appear noone can make you feel better and there is no reason to be rude. If you have such negative comments you should contact the organisers who you feel lied to you - although as my mother often said to me "a fool and his money are easily parted"

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sandra.c

Wasn't at the show myself, but husband and 9 year old son went and had a great time. They were very impressed with the live show. Was there actually a Stigs Lair(including get autographs from the presenters) they never found it. Think the BT tickets sounded like a rip off. They had premium ones, decent enough seats by the sound of it. And as for those people giving out about Jeremy Clarksons arrogance - have they ever watched the show? If you dont like him then dont go to his show.

As per my previous post you liked the show, i didn't. As for rude behaviour, perhaps you should read your own posts before you accuse others. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

well exxcccuuussseee me! I rather thought the object of the boards was expressing our opinions and replying to others and generally interacting - apparently I was wrong!

I'm fairly sure I wasn't trying to make you feel better - it would appear noone can make you feel better and there is no reason to be rude. If you have such negative comments you should contact the organisers who you feel lied to you - although as my mother often said to me "a fool and his money are easily parted"
    Calm down dear! It is only an Internet forum.

Please do not be rude or aggressive towards others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blondes rule

I'm very sorry I didn't at all mean to be rude, I said I had fun and got back what I felt was rude "Strangely your opinion does nothing to justify 250 euro for two tickets for that crap to me" - I think I was just a bit annoyed when I was reading through the [edit]threads[edit] because I had fun and wanted to share my excitement and then started to read the other stuff.

It won't happen again

LoLth: typo corrected :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Some people liked the show, others didnt. I would have loved to go but I'm poor so I hate you all equally (well, I'm poor because I just bought a laptop so its my own fault but I'm going to go on hating you all! so there! :p)

anyway, disagreements are fine (and even entertaining at times) but lets keep namecalling (minor so far) and personal remarks (also minor but can easily escalate) to a minimum please. Otherwise I'll force everyone to strap their elbows to their sides and slip on some glass soled sandals and rule that last one standing is right.

ps. i still hate you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

LolaDub wrote: »
    Strangely your opinion does nothing to justify 250 euro for two tickets for that crap to me. You have your opinion that you enjoyed it, great for you, i thought it was crap for reasons explained already.

The bt tickets were supposed to come with vouchers and programmes and the paddock tour, no vouchers, no programmes and the paddock tour wasn't
    a tour at all. All in all i feel that in the description we were lied to by the event organisers.

the vouchers were for the first 2000 people only, this was explained on the website at the time and it was also mention here in this very thread at
    the time.

the programmes/show guide were available when you walk in the door,
    there was tons of them on piles on the tables.

agreed the paddock tour wasn't that great.

I thought the show was good, a bit overpriced maybe but def doesn't deserve the some of the criticism here.

I know about the first 2000, i was in the first 500 and this was confirmed at time of booking. Also another friend at the same show who booked later did receive their vouchers. I asked a member of staff about those irish times mags and they said it was just a supplement for everyone, and vips/bt tickets should have received their own other programmes? Was i misinformed there or did anyone come across a different programme?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the vouchers were for the first 2000 people only, this was explained on the website at the time and it was also mention here in this very thread at
    the time.

for the record. legally this has to be explained at the point of sale. it wasn't for a few people I know. I also know that official complaints made through Consumer Connect have been acknowledged as correct by RDS Tickets.
    the programmes/show guide were available when you walk in the door,
    there was tons of them on piles on the tables.

this was the same programme given out in the middle of the Irish Times in the middle of last week. So it wasn't the programme that was supposed to be free.

Personally though I didn't pay for the programme or vouchers. I paid for a good entertaining show and to get up close and personal with some exotic cars. I'm 100% satisfied on both counts :D

• Advertisement

Will the show be back again in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I think there is some rumours of it coming back but they're only rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It sold out in 45 minutes so I'd say there is a good chance of seeing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YearZero

Plus there was the sign that said "see you next year". Or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

2nd December next year there back.
    It was on the back of the little booklet I got with my tickets.
    Not sure for how long but I presume a few days a couple shows again:)

edit: found booklet in bag it's 3rd - 6th dec 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Best book tickets soon. :D

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Check out the website:

http://www.topgearlive.ie/

Quote: "After the oustanding success of Top Gear Live 2008 we are pleased to annouce it will be on our doorstep again from the 3rd-6th of December 2009."

Advertisement