Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top gear coming to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 carcrazy2

oldsmiley wrote: »
    Just heard that the top gear show is coming to Dublin in december.Anyone know where the tickets will be for sale yet.

Hi Guys,

Ok so top gear is coming to Dublin from the 27th-30th of November.

Corporate tickets are on sale now these are the ' expensive ones' everyone is talking about.

General tickets will be on sale in September and if you want to recieve an alert before they are released email topgearlive@brandevents.ie

The show is gonna be amazing and it sure beats an 18 and a half year wait list for the BBC recording!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

carcrazy2 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Ok so top gear is coming to Dublin from the 27th-30th of November.

Corporate tickets are on sale now these are the ' expensive ones' everyone is talking about.

General tickets will be on sale in September and if you want to recieve an alert before they are released email topgearlive@brandevents.ie

The show is gonna be amazing and it sure beats an 18 and a half year wait list for the BBC recording!

Will it be amazing tho'????
    Has anyone been at one in the uk before?

yip been to it before it really is great. they do all the stunts that they usually do outside the studio in the show. So not like other motor shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Weaselator

How do you go about getting corporate ticks?

• Advertisement

Email grainneoc@brandevents.ie. She is looking after it so can send you the brochur etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Is anybody interested in grouping up to get some of these corperate tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Hell Yeah....

*/Posting: While also watching an old Top Gear on Dave /*
    Gileadi wrote: »
    Is anybody interested in grouping up to get some of these corperate tickets?

As far as i know Thurs and Fri are gone and limited for Sat evening. You'd probably get corp for Sat afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Gonna email that address shortly and will check availability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Does anyone know anything else about this

was going to travel to the UK this year to see it there, are they moving the whole show or will we get a cut down version. Can't see them transporting all the UK cars over. Even in England the London show was bigger than the Birmingham show

it is the same show as the UK show, thy wont be bringing the cars over all the cars in the show will be sourced locally but is the same set up as Earlscourt and the NEC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Did anyone get any tickets?

Only corp are on sale now, regular tickets are on sale at the end of Sept/beginning of Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

is the stig damon hill????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/clarkson-and-co-to-bring-top-gear-show-to-dublin-1467331.html
    And when it comes to Dublin -- the first stop outside Britain -- the cheapest tickets will be €75 for what will be a 75-minute show. Organisers are putting on 10 Dublin shows, and expect to sell about 30,000 tickets.

Even Brown Thomas is getting its hands dirty by sponsoring the event.

At a press conference beside Tower Bridge in London yesterday, Clarkson -- along with fellow hosts Richard Hammond and James May -- gave a rough outline of a show incorporating many favourites from the television version, including the Cool Wall and the fastest lap, adapted for audience participation, appearances by the Stig and the trio's attempts to build their own hovercrafts.

And explosions. And 300 fast cars. And 30 stuntmen. And a fire-spewing monster.

"It's some kind of enormous spectacle," Clarkson summed up, rather unconvincingly.

So what can audiences at the RDS expect?

"Just what we just said," he replied sharply, perhaps a little cold from his jaunt across the bridge. "Everything we haven't broken in London will be there."

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

so when do the tickets go on sale?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

Looking here it says the 10th september at 9am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

yes i will be geting the carp vip tickits

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

The Brown Thomas special tickets went on sale this morning Right Here!

€100 each and a booking fee of €5.50 (At least it was €11 for my two tickets).

First 2000 of the Brown Thomas ones apparently includes a €50 voucher for BT but it didn't mention anything on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I hate effing booking feee'sssss........€5.50 is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

got my tickets this morning at 9am. Phones were fine in the minutes leading to 9, then all of a sudden couldn't get through.

Went online and got them...happy !!:)

I hate effing booking feee'sssss........€5.50 is a joke.

Bit of a large one alright but well worth it.

My missus is actually a much bigger fan of the show than I am (and has a bit of a thing for the Stig) and she doesn't even know it's coming to Dublin. Doesn't read the papers much.

I wonder how long I'll leave it before telling her...

EDIT: Anyone got any idea what the story is with them vouchers??? Posted out with the tickets or summat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

if you buy the BT tickets, the first 2000 get a 50 euro gift card that can be used in any BT's, HOWEVER you have to spend 250 euro in one transaction to get your 50 euro off!

anyone know how much the normal tickets are, which are going on sale next week?, are they less than 50 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 pokergroupie

I got my tickets! :)...be careful to get the right ones. The €20 exhibition tickets are nothing to do with topger. Make sure you get the theater tickets. Expensive ...hope it is worth it. It is better than waiting 10 years for a chance to go to the show! :D

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    if you buy the BT tickets, the first 2000 get a 50 euro gift card that can be used in any BT's, HOWEVER you have to spend 250 euro in one transaction to get your 50 euro off!

anyone know how much the normal tickets are, which are going on sale next week?, are they less than 50 euro?

Doesn't say on this anyway. The number on the top right of that page is the RDS ticket line though so they might be able to tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 pokergroupie

I have emailed the event organisers so I will let you all know if/when they get back to me about how you know if you get the voucher or not....because the site doesnt tell you if you are one of the lucky 2000 ppl to get one. ...

o and they are sent with your tickets in October...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Got my tickets online this morning for Thursday night's 'Live' show whatever that will be!

And yes the €50 BT voucher has to be spent in the MENSWEAR Dept only and can only be used against a single purchase over €250 ~ big swizz!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Mc-BigE wrote: »

bunch of cock knockers! :mad:

just booked my BT tickets anyway. will make a nice prezzie for the g/f's brothers bday.

i'm not pizzed off cos they con you with the 250€ thing, it's that i know my g/f will be using that as an excuse to spend over 250€ now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Got my tickets online this morning for Thursday night's 'Live' show whatever that will be!

And yes the €50 BT voucher has to be spent in the MENSWEAR Dept only and can only be used against a single purchase over €250 ~ big swizz!

yes forgot to put in the Menswear Dept, but thats in all stores, not just the new one opening in Dublin.

BTW just got an email from the organiser, the standard tickets will be 75 to 90 euro:eek:, looks like the BT tickets are not that bad after all.

Advertisement