Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top gear coming to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    yes forgot to put in the Menswear Dept, but thats in all stores, not just the new one opening in Dublin.

BTW just got an email from the organiser, the standard tickets will be 75 to 90 euro:eek:, looks like the BT tickets are not that bad after all.

Sorry wasn't being funny putting Menswear in capitals...just that this was my face when I saw the T&C's after I had bought my ticket :eek:

If I'm one of the lucky people to get a free BT voucher hands up anyone who wants it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

wanted to book sat at 2pm, SOLD OUT !
    then i tried 5pm, SOLD OUT!

that was fast!

so booked for Sunday.

What Recession:D:D

added, got my booking reference, its 2101xx , so is that 1xx, 101xx, or 2101xx tickets sold so far? i.e. is it gone past 2000 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

No idea! Mine is 2100xx

Didn't realise the vouchers were for menswear only but the person i'm going with said they thought it applied to fridays show only?

We're going for the launch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The 3 lads were on expose there a few minutes ago, just got a little glimps and what james said was funny. He was on about things that are going to be there and he said something around these lines "what are them things children play with called? oh yeah playstations". I laughed at that and so did everyone there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

If you do book the BT tickets, how do you know that you're in the "first 2000" batch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

my oh got me tickets for this today yay..:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Fook, had the last single ticket for the Sunday 11am show. When I went off to get the cc the page had refreshed and ticket was gone.

Sigh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YearZero

I'm really confused by this. I bought a ticket for the Sunday morning show today for €100. Now I see that they go on general sale next wednesday. What's the difference between what I got today and what goes on sale next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

You do realize that to use your 50 Euro voucher for Brown Thomas you first have to spend 250 Euro.

Exclusive tickets, I don't think so!

I found all this **** out after I panic-bought my ticket.

In conclusion, balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

YearZero wrote: »
    I found all this **** out after I panic-bought my ticket.

In conclusion, balls.
    it is balls alright, although you do get premium seats for the show and a backstage paddock tour.

Oh, well that's not so bad then. Any idea what a backstage paddock tour would consist of?

it just say this on the website: "A Paddock Tour where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity".
    hopefully there will be something worth seeing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Richard Hammonds dressing room i hope!

LolaDub wrote: »
    Richard Hammonds dressing room i hope!
    well thats one way to cheer to GF up after i tell her that the €100 voucher i promised her for brown thomas is infact only if you spend €500 and in the menswear department!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

just seen today that the top gear live show is comin to the rds, tickets 75-120, doubting whether to go or not, just wondering wats your opinions on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cop41

Morning guys!

I cant seem to get into the RDS website (www.rds.ie) .... ?

Anyone else having problems or is the traffic hammering their server ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Anyone trying to buy tickets?

I just logged on at 8.56 and it says I'm number 874 in the que :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I logged in at 9 on the button and I'm 1065!

Anyone got a hotline number??

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

It let me on, got tickets n put in all credit card number ect and then said there was an error...im so upset cannot get bk in...:(:(

• Advertisement

Got in @ 9 and now in queue 1399

Waiting time : 1hr 28mins!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭kirving

I logged on there, and the site let me on no problem. What do I get with platinum tickets? The only 2 options for me were Platinum for 100.50 and VIP for 290!

I was in the queue waiting I was 1000 with 1 hour to wait

So I just opened a new window and went through the process again and it let me buy the tickets straight away! :D

I'm delighted can't wait for the show! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bondy22

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Anyone got a hotline number??
    0818 300 275
    Very busy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

I got my tickets last week but was checking for a friend and there is a 5 hour wait on the website...... mental!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Think Im going to scream. Got to the top of the queue picked my tickets pressed book and it keeps giving me an error message!!

EDIT: Now it's telling me it's all sold out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Hockney

You're not the only one!

Methinks they're sold out for every night already. Unless you wanna go for the E250 tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I finally managed to book 4 platinum tickets for Saturday night, after I had seen a sold out sign about 30 mins ago.

That cheapass RDS software (they are obviously trying to save ticketmaster charges by doing the booking themselves, have they ever heard of core competency! )

That is the worst ticket booking experience I have ever had. 2 hours of frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just got mine this minute,
    When I clicked 'Book and Confirm' there was a wait of about 5 minutes within which I nearly died...:p...... until I saw a confirmation and receipt page.
    Oh happy days. :D

I got two Platinum Tickets for Sunday with a 14:00 live show, wanted Friday but at that stage I would have taken any day.
    Also I thought there would be tickets at 75 euro, but I wasn't going to take a chance and wait in case it wasn't true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Victor_M wrote: »
    I finally managed to book 4 platinum tickets for Saturday night, after I had seen a sold out sign about 30 mins ago.

That cheapass RDS software (they are obviously trying to save ticketmaster charges by doing the booking themselves, have they ever heard of core competency! )

That is the worst ticket booking experience I have ever had. 2 hours of frustration.

Just got 4 myself 2 minutes, was shocked and delighted!

I'm not a fan of ticketmaster, but this certainly wouldn't have happened with them.

Advertisement