Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top gear coming to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

Further tickets available early October according to RDStickets. Sell out in 3 seconds I reckon with all tickets sold going straight onto ebay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Cant help but have my doubts that these extra shows will ever happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

they rang up looking for my credit card details last week, so no free tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I've just been onto the Top Gear Live hotline, and they haven't been told as of yet when the extra tickets will be onsale.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Has anyone physically got their tickets yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

"TiCKETING UPDATE

Additional Top Gear Live tickets will be available from 9am on the 15th of October.

They will be available from 0818 300 275"
    http://www.topgearlive.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Has anyone got their tickets in the post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

nope, no sign of my tickets!! Think it says they will be posted two weeks before the show! CANNOT WAIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

is it only a hotline number for the extra tickets on the 15th? can they be ordered online, dont fancy useing the mobile to be on hold for two hours (will be in work too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vixen Sexlectra

Ah Top Gear is fu**ing deadly..
    Would def go up for a gawk.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ebenezer66

is it only a hotline number for the extra tickets on the 15th? can they be ordered online, dont fancy useing the mobile to be on hold for two hours (will be in work too)

Try this:
    http://www.topgearlive.ie/

The Book Your Tickets now image is a link. It puts you in a queue - I'm at position 456 with only 20 someint minutes to wait. But I have been in the queue 45 mins already...

ex

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

ebenezer66 wrote: »
    Try this:
    http://www.topgearlive.ie/

The Book Your Tickets now image is a link. It puts you in a queue - I'm at position 456 with only 20 someint minutes to wait. But I have been in the queue 45 mins already...

ex

I was in the queue at around 9:04am and by 9:15am I was selecting which date/time I wanted my tickets for. At first I got rejected claiming some conflict between choosing tickets collection and mail (which I hadn't even chosen yet).
    I decided to choose Saturday 2pm instead as perhaps my first 2 choices had too high a demand. I then got to the screen where you enter name, address, etc. I then clicked on "Checkout" and I was back in the queue at position 2900 with 5 hours to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I was 29 at 9am in queue but got tickets within a minute for Saturday night. Say they could be gone now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

I got to the top of the queue and have now been kicked back into the queue... tried selecting a number of different days and times and all of them were gone - even when I selected options that said tickets were available it when I went to pay they were gone ;-(

Queued again at around 10:30am and was about 5000th in the queue with 7 hours predicted waiting time and just got them there no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Started queuing at bout 10.45 and just got a couple of tickets for Sunday, seems to be a good bit of tickets available.

How come the tickets that went on sale this morning were for the exact same date, time and venue as the tickets that sold out a month ago?
    Surely when an event sells out you put on more shows rather than just selling extra tickets for the same shows?

Yes indeed. I thought I was doing well getting tickets for my sis in law this morning but seemed to be loads of tickets after that. Looks lke they have just increased the venue size for the same show. A bit worrying as its hardly a show worth seeing from the back of a very large hall unlike a concert.

Ok Im happy for anyone that got tickets today but I just went onto topgearlive and it was allowing me to buy platinum tickets (I got platinum tickets the last time they went on sale) that are better seats than the ones iv already got and they at the same price...how is that fair?? shouldnt any new tickets be further back than any that are already sold....my opinion anyway...:rolleyes:

Yes I agree with you. Brand Events are involved so send them an email. I complained to them over Vip tickets I got for my wife for Style in the City and they gave me free tickets for next years event. They werent blameless but at least they responded to my complaints promtly and gave me a full email response to all my complaints. Not sure its there fault this time but your point would be worth putting to them. Do things like this just happen in Ireland? It seems so. For "Style & the City" they sold extra VIP tickets after they origially sold out. A front row seat was a supposed gurantee with a VIP ticket. But after selling extra tickets the first 3 rows were VIP. Not enough Irish people complain which is why we get walked on all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got 2 tickets for sundays show. I cant wait :D

There are still platinum tickets available and it 9:40pm.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I asked over on motors but may as well ask here too. Does anyone know exactly what the BT tickets get you?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YearZero

Limited Edition Brown Thomas Ticket includes:
    • A premium seat at Top Gear Live theatre performance
    • A Paddock Tour where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity
    • Access to our Prestige & Performance show including: The hall of fame,Car stuff,Stig's Lair and our 4x4 experience
    • A €50 Brown Thomas voucher for the first 2000 tickets sold
    • A complimentary Top Gear Live Showguide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

i jsut got a couple of platium tickets from the link on the website now, so why would people have had to que on the 15th? i know it gives a block seating plan on the website but how would i know where in the block we would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Has anyone got their tickets through the post yet? I ordered mine weeks ago and no tickets have come.

They are been posted 2 weeks before the show.

last 1000 tickets gone on sale....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Got mine today. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Sandra.c

Got my tickets today for Friday 28th, 7.30pm show. How come the exhibition area is not opening until 6, when originally they were advising to attend at least 2 hours before the show to give you time to see everything. Am pretty annoyed about that as my young son and his Dad are going and were hoping to see the exhibition area before the show, now he'll have to do it at 9pm before it closes at 10.30, a bit late for a 9 yr old.

Advertisement