Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top gear coming to Dublin

Options
  • 12-04-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Just heard that the top gear show is coming to Dublin in december.Anyone know where the tickets will be for sale yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wow! I hope its a challange, get from the Mad Cow to Dublin airport via Connell St bridge without sat nav.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

oldsmiley wrote: »
    Just heard that the top gear show is coming to Dublin in december.Anyone know where the tickets will be for sale yet.

I would contact their website

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

This would be cool - is it to Film?

or for a show @ the RDS or summit like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

I can't find anything about it on the websites, if anyone can find a link could you please post it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

mike65 wrote: »
    Wow! I hope its a challange, get from the Mad Cow to Dublin airport via Connell St bridge without sat nav.

Mike.

Remove the "without sat nav." in your post and we'd already have enough of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oasisfan

Hey all, been a while since i have left a reply on boards, Top Gear is inFact coming to Dublin it will be Held in the RDS but will be more of a live show performance rather than a recording of a show, Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond will both be there, However as of yet James May will not be there, But the STIG will be!!!

There will be a live performance which is a seated event and there will be a car meuseum with most of the greatest SuperCars including Maserati and Ferrari.....

Tickets are not on sale as of yet but will be released soon at a price of €75 which includes a ticket for the show and the Meuseum.

However for €200 you can buy a corporate ticket, this gives you corporate seating at the event, A meal, free bar in the corporate tent and a Free reserved Cap Spot in the RDS(which is a scam as you wont be driving if its a free bar!)

Hope this helps!

Great........i'll be there

will it be on the box?

NO, this is like one of the shows you see advertised in TG magazine in earls court london or the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

This won't be flagged on the TV show, so you would have to keep an eye on the magazine or www.topgear.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pity that they didn't take the chance to do some work for the show.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

James May was spotted by several ppl in the Trinity Arts block just last week, have no ideas what he was doing though

Doing stuff for one of his other shows i'd say.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

oasisfan wrote: »

However for €200 you can buy a corporate ticket, this gives you corporate seating at the event, A meal, free bar in the corporate tent and a Free reserved Cap Spot in the RDS(which is a scam as you wont be driving if its a free bar!)

Hope this helps!

It certainly does. Sounds like that would be worth the €200. Thanks for the heads-up. If anyone hears when the tickets are going up I'd be grateful for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Just had a look at the RDS site... http://www.rds.ie/home/eventfinder.aspx?eid=2726

Looks like there could be three nights - 27th-30th of November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

This wouldn't interest me at all tbh, a load of funking muppets standing round some exotics thinking they know everything about them without ever having driven or even been in one. And then you've to watch Clarkson or Hammond do some stupid task with a few fireworks or explosions, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Yeah, I do love TopGear, but I think I'll leave it on the box... not that Id say no to a corporate ticket, be a good day out!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oasisfan

Got my corporate tickets there is a minimum booking of 10 and they are €195 + Vat but as of monday they go up to €275+ Vat!

to order tickets contact brand events

Did you buy 10?
    These will be hot tickets regardless of the previous posts......look at the crowds that go to the Toys for Big boys SHOITTE - hot hot hot i say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

They have already done a challenge here, any of the experts care to remind us what it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Mazda MX5 vs a Greyhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

RATM wrote: »
    James May was spotted by several ppl in the Trinity Arts block just last week, have no ideas what he was doing though
    Hmmmm, "Rough Trade" isn't just a record label you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jeez--louise

Can anyone tell me where to buy the corporate tickets for top gear in the RDS and if they are on sale yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

You can e mail someone at www.brandevents.ie I was told corporate tickets are 255 each with a min of booking 6. Perhaps they get cheaper as you go up. Also it says there will be a free bar and a free pre show drink and free after show drink, nothing about an open bar. I don't think the regular tickets are going on sale until September.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

I heard that tickets won't be available for this until September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

topIRL.jpg

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    topIRL.jpg
    Ha there afriad to go to america!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Did you not see when top gear went to america before! They nearly got stoned (in the bad actual stones thrown way)

Advertisement