Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top gear coming to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

alleepally wrote: »
    Has anyone got their tickets through the post yet? I ordered mine weeks ago and no tickets have come.

Got mine today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Got my tickets today but there was no BT voucher with the tickets.

Does anyone know if the vouchers are supposed to come with the tickets or do they arrive seperatly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

got the BT voucher its out off date might get the tics tomarrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Got my tickets today but there was no BT voucher with the tickets.

Does anyone know if the vouchers are supposed to come with the tickets or do they arrive seperatly?

Just rang the ticket line and they said that I had to be in the first 2,000 ppl to get the voucher. Gave her the order number and she said I should be entitled to them.

Rang me back 5 mins later to tell me I'm not entitled to them....sounds suspect :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

my vouchers came about a month ago, the tickets last friday

• Advertisement

got my tics in the forth row in the canter:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

xbox36016 wrote: »
    got my tics in the forth row in the canter:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

how do you know where your seats are? have you seen a seating plan?

in f block

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YearZero

seating_plan.jpg

Mine are in M block. they're supposed to be "premium seats" though :(

lol i have bt tics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

YearZero wrote: »

Mine are in M block. they're supposed to be "premium seats" though :(

Same here, How can block Q be a premium ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gmurray

i have a confirmation email for the tickets i ordered, they were for block a row a, and they sent me out block q row h. when i rang today theysadi the layout was changed and they assuered me that the tickets were the same if not better!! am not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

gmurray wrote: »
    i have a confirmation email for the tickets i ordered, they were for block a row a, and they sent me out block q row h. when i rang today theysadi the layout was changed and they assuered me that the tickets were the same if not better!! am not happy!

I got my tickets and they are premium seats they are in Block A! So does this mean i will end up shoved into a corner ? what Block are the premium seats in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Reports of last nights show not very encouraging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Apparently its RUBBISH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I was at last nights show and tbh i wouldn't go again if i got free tickets.

There was no sectioning of premium tickets/bt tickets/regular tickets. Everybody was just seated randomly. Also the rows were marked wrong which was endless confusion for people, most only realised after they were seated and were told by other people that they were in their seats. In the end people near me just gave up and stayed in the seats they had after the third change. Although this meant the show started late as people still weren't seated (despite doors advertising as closing at 7 and show starting at 7.30) the show still ended about 5 mins early:confused:

James May said he had a cough and went off for half of the show, the others were there for about half of it. There were no cool cars at the top gear show, they did the cool wall with a renault laguna coupe, vw passat etc.

There was some precision driving which was good but they took away from it with blinding fireworks and lights, ridiculously loud thump thump music and people dancing all over the place. I'd say there was more friggin dancing and people doing cartwheels than cars at it.

The stig part of it was insane, absolute crap

Edit-not to spoil for others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

How long is the show

Its advertised as an hour and a half but i'd guess it was about 50 mins or so? When it started there were still ads going on, some ridiculous thing for shell and can't remember the other.

Also i got bt tickets but never got bt vouchers? Did everyone else get them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Woah, that sounds desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

dorsanyone know can you bring a camera to the show p

• Advertisement

i paid 250 euro for the the (top) tics but was not evan told about the vip tics or crop tics and the biggast waste of monay evar i was board at it some moter show you see more big cars in a london carpark also the juck thay where selling at it i was in the 4th row in block f and still i tink the tic at the back where bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

Just home from the show and it was good but most defo not worth €100. I had platinum tickets and could hardly see. Show itself was good good kinda funny but very little interaction with the three lads. exhibition was crap, nice cars but crap!!! Wouldnt pay more the €40 if i was to go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Just home from the show and it was good but most defo not worth €100. I had platinum tickets and could hardly see. Show itself was good good kinda funny but very little interaction with the three lads. exhibition was crap, nice cars but crap!!! Wouldnt pay more the €40 if i was to go again!

Just back from this evenings show, it was pretty average. The seating is a joke spent 200 euro on plantium tickets the wife spent most of the time watching the tv monitors because she could see very little. We were in B block. Spoke to a few people after the show who had not bought the plantium tickets and they were sitting right in the middle and could see everything:mad:. The RDS would want to pull there finger out and sort it out. I dont mind spending a few quid if I get value for money but all I got tonight was a sore neck :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

LolaDub wrote: »
    I was at last nights show and tbh i wouldn't go again if i got free tickets.

There was no sectioning of premium tickets/bt tickets/regular tickets. Everybody was just seated randomly. Also the rows were marked wrong which was endless confusion for people, most only realised after they were seated and were told by other people that they were in their seats. In the end people near me just gave up and stayed in the seats they had after the third change. Although this meant the show started late as people still weren't seated (despite doors advertising as closing at 7 and show starting at 7.30) the show still ended about 5 mins early:confused:

James May said he had a cough and went off for half of the show, the others were there for about half of it. There were no cool cars at the top gear show, they did the cool wall with a renault laguna coupe, vw passat etc.

There was some precision driving which was good but they took away from it with blinding fireworks and lights, ridiculously loud thump thump music and people dancing all over the place. I'd say there was more friggin dancing and people doing cartwheels than cars at it.

The stig part of it was insane, absolute crap

Edit-not to spoil for others

'Lola' curse your accuracy. :P

Twas a laugh, and that;s about it. I went with my dad, and we thought it was kinda funny, not much else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rallysnapper

LolaDub wrote: »
    Its advertised as an hour and a half but i'd guess it was about 50 mins or so? When it started there were still ads going on, some ridiculous thing for shell and can't remember the other.

Also i got bt tickets but never got bt vouchers? Did everyone else get them?

I was under the impression that the BT tickets @ €125 each got you a program, voucher and other stuff. Went to the "check in" desk and was told just to put on the wristband, asked about the vouchers and was told to come back after a while, went back and the stand was deserted. Can't find the info I had on the tickets as to what was supposed to be with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blondes rule

oh my goodness were you seriously at the same show as me??? james may coughed and went off for the cool wall section! and the show didn't start late - did you not get an email about it starting absolutely on time!!
    the driving was amazing - I agree the stig bit was a bit disappointing - would have liked to see him standing but the acrobats were really good. would you have rather no music or lights or fireworks?? how very yawn. and how on earth can you not say the FOUR bikes in the testicle of impending doom was not deadly

babe you must have spent the whole show writing down everything you didn't like and missing all the good stuff!!!! shame

oh my god I can't believe some of the tripe I'm reading. does noone look at the website - the show was 80 minutes according to the topgear website and it was just about that much when it ended when I went. I arrived about 40 mins early and yeah the ads were very annoying (bit like going to the cinema) but they had stuff about cars from top gear. the exhibition wasn't brilliant I must agree - it would have been better if they were up on stands or something

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I'm just wondering did James May go off after coughing in every show!! :P
    He went off on sat 7.30pm for a while alright and I'm sure I read in 1 or 2 other posts he went off in diff shows too.
    Poor James !

I really thought the show was great! The audience participation was cool. (FYI dub 7.30pm sat 29th was the top speed:P did anyone beat this?)

Guys obv the live show isn't going to be exactly the same as what you see on tv. So you can't expect exactly the same. However, I thought they did really well. There were cool cars (the dancing cars:D) , stunts and of course the producers challenge:D

It prob wasn't as good as some of there TV shows which have been edited to the last! But imo it was a really entertaining live show.

I agree about the exhibition though. I wasn't too impressed. There was a lot of elbow shoving to see anything !!! :pac:

Oh some pics here for those who couldn't see :P http://pix.ie/jennypenny/album/330855

oh my goodness were you seriously at the same show as me??? james may coughed and went off for the cool wall section! and the show didn't start late - did you not get an email about it starting absolutely on time!!
    the driving was amazing - I agree the stig bit was a bit disappointing - would have liked to see him standing but the acrobats were really good. would you have rather no music or lights or fireworks?? how very yawn. and how on earth can you not say the FOUR bikes in the testicle of impending doom was not deadly

babe you must have spent the whole show writing down everything you didn't like and missing all the good stuff!!!! shame

Do you work for the pr company or something? :rolleyes:

I didn't get an email but i also didn't get any bt vouchers or a programme. I would have expected the show to plan to start on time as per this supposed email and the time on tickets but due to the seating fiasco a good number of people were still not seated when the show was due to begin. When people were seated there were still more ads to get through-like the shell thing-wtf??

The colander bike thing was good at first but it went on way too long. The show had minimal interaction from the presenters and the cough was james may was planned for him to head off. He was gone for quite a while. The music and lighting and fireworks went beyond complimenting the show and looked like they were so over the top to cover up a lack of substance.

On the website they advertised these sections-stigs lair, mad motors,
    classic&iconic, 4x4 driving experience, car stuff. As pretty much all the cars there were from showrooms, where were all these sections?

• Advertisement

I'd say Jen23 is doing better PR then me!! as far as I can see the james may coughing was meant to be in the show. was the shell thing at the start an ad? it probably was but I thought the little sports car driving out the front was fun - look it's like this - I'm a huge top gear fan and I was disappointed with Stig and I don't know where the lair was at all, although I did the 4x4 driving which was cool. how long is too long when you're driving round the "testicle of impending doom"??? there were kids beside me screaming with laughter! if it was shorter wouldn't you have been moaning about that???

I got an email saying all sorts about parking, I didn't buy a bt ticket so I know nothing about vouchers but I did get a show guide - they had a pile on the table outside

I'm sticking to my guns that it was brilliant and I'd def go again

Advertisement