Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Restaurant in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

It is, and I do, but its top secret! It'll be in Sligo town for sure :)

Have they an opening date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Have they an opening date?

Not yet no

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AngryGoldfish

Hey Folks, anyone have a recommendation for a restaurant in Sligo town that's quiet? Well, not necessarily quiet, but spacious enough where you could have a private conversation with friends. We were set on trying out Rugantino, but it may be a little small to have a nice private meal. Although I love anything, my friends aren't into spicy food—so no Indian. And places like The Embassy are a little pricey at the moment, as awesome as their food is. Any thoughts? We've eaten at Swagman, China City, Embassy, Belfry and the Mandarin Court. My friend wasn't keen on the menu for Eala Bhan.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 497 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

I got food in the Glasshouse a few times now and always thought it was pretty good. Never had any complaints from anyone I've been with there about the food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Hey Folks, anyone have a recommendation for a restaurant in Sligo town that's quiet? Well, not necessarily quiet, but spacious enough where you could have a private conversation with friends. We were set on trying out Rugantino, but it may be a little small to have a nice private meal. Although I love anything, my friends aren't into spicy food—so no Indian. And places like The Embassy are a little pricey at the moment, as awesome as their food is. Any thoughts? We've eaten at Swagman, China City, Embassy, Belfry and the Mandarin Court. My friend wasn't keen on the menu for Eala Bhan.

What about Hargadon's? The alcoves there are private, and food is still decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AngryGoldfish

Thanks. I'll mention those two to my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ectoraige wrote: »
    What about Hargadon's? The alcoves there are private, and food is still decent.

Do they only do a lunch time trade on food though, ie, 12-2. Still great food though, always sells out quick any time I have been there. +1 on the alcoves, weather eating or drinking, gives for an intimate setting, weather it be a small group of friends, a lunch time meeting, or out with partner/date. One of my favourite things about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,485 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Do they only do a lunch time trade on food though, ie, 12-2. Still great food though, always sells out quick any time I have been there. +1 on the alcoves, weather eating or drinking, gives for an intimate setting, weather it be a small group of friends, a lunch time meeting, or out with partner/date. One of my favourite things about the place.

They do food up to 8 or 9 pm afaik.

Sweet Beat Cafe opening at the end of the week! Where Chapters used to be.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Beat-Cafe/778892222194709?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Last weekend while my wife and I were trying to decide where to go for a bite to eat in Town, we realised how poor the choice of restaurants in Sligo is. A few pizza/pasta places, a few Chinese places, a few Indian place and a couple of others. All the rest are pubs serving food or takeaways.

In the end we went to the Bistro. I am not a fan of the place at all, over rated and over priced imo. But on this occasion it wasn't bad. Although the prices are still high I enjoyed the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Molly Fultons is grand ( For a quick meal )
    Davis's ( Lovely )
    The Riverbank - Dromahair ( Nice Enough )
    There is another restaurant but it is outside Boyle called "The Moorings" and I think the food is amazing and the staff are nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Had a meal in the Pilot Bar in Enniscrone. Its pub grub but excellent quality. I really enjoyed it and a nice atmosphere too.

http://www.thepilotbar.ie

Technically not Sligo but was in Luna last week and found it very expensive! €16-17 for a pizza?!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Technically not Sligo but was in Luna last week and found it very expensive! €16-17 for a pizza?!

Where is Luna? Have not heard of it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

6781 wrote: »
    Had a meal in the Pilot Bar in Enniscrone. Its pub grub but excellent quality. I really enjoyed it and a nice atmosphere too.

http://www.thepilotbar.ie

Will try there next time we are out that way. On the topic of places to eat in Enniscrone, we stopped at Muddy Burns last week,for the first time ever, both me and my other half had different meals, I gave mine 10 out of 10, it was delicious yet the other half was disappointed! You can't please all the people all of the time.

whatswhat wrote: »
    Where is Luna? Have not heard of it before?

https://www.facebook.com/LunaDromahair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

So true, great place.

Ate in Eithna's By The Sea recently, very very good. Definitely not cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭johnire

Just looked at their menu.....wow....it is so expensive. It would be nearly cheaper getting a flight to Italy and having the real thing there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭heathledgerlove

Had lunch in O'Connor Bros, O'Connell St., menu was interesting enough, food was tasty & they've a brill selection of coffees as well. Service was absolutely top, I'd recommend!

A Casa Mia is the new haunt for dessert though :) Hazelnut & Baileys Cheesecake = winner

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I was in Miso Sushi during the week for the first time. I have to admit it was my first time trying any Korean/Japanese style food so I don't know how it would stack up but my word it was delicious! By far the nicest place for food around town. It blows all the other foreign cuisine places (Chinese or indian etc) out of the water.

Not sure how healthy it is, but you're definitely not left with the feeling that you're going to grow a third ear like you would with some of the weird chemical soup you get in the chinese restaurants in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

I was in Miso Sushi during the week for the first time. I have to admit it was my first time trying any Korean/Japanese style food so I don't know how it would stack up but my word it was delicious! By far the nicest place for food around town. It blows all the other foreign cuisine places (Chinese or indian etc) out of the water.
    Is it just sushi or do they do regular Korean/Japanese meals too?

thebuzz wrote: »
    They do Japanese and Korean noodle dishes as well. Was there on Tuesday evening expecting it to be quiet but it was very busy. Been there twice, good on both occasions. Next time I will have sushi, it looked good.

thebuzz wrote: »

It's not all sushi but it does consist of about one third of the menu. I ordered some set which had sushi and sashimi, I really enjoyed it. The person I was in with had a bowl of something, cant quite remember what it was called but it had beef, kimchi, carrot and a few other bits in it which was also delicious. The menu is very different to what I'm used to.

I know they do takeaway as a few people dropped by to pick up their orders while we were there. The worst you could do is drop in to pick up a menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

I've had lunch at Miso twice now as well and both times the food was good.
    I had the full chicken Katsu roll the first time and had the Yakisoba with chicken the second time. The Yakisoba was very filling and tasty.
    I haven't tried the Sashimi yet but the people I was with had it and enjoyed it.

There's seating for about 20 inside. There's three 4 person tables (that can be extended to 5 I think) and then there's four 2 person tables. Quite a few people were dropping in for take away lunches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Where is Miso Sushi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Where is Miso Sushi?

Stephen street car park

Herself wanted to go for dinner during the week so decided to head out to Clevery Mill in Castlebaldwin. I've heard good reviews about it but when we got there it was closed. Apparently only open for large groups. So just went to McDermotts on the main road, they seemed to have good review on tripadvisor.
    I have to admit the starters were lovely! However for dinner I ordered the salmon and got a darn of salmon, half a handful of little cubes of veggies and a small plate of mashed potatoes and was charged 18 euro for it!!! I could have bought a whole salmon for less than that! Wont be going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes. I had a similar experience there before. The food wasn't very nice and the service was terrible. We never went back again.
    Herself wanted to go for dinner during the week so decided to head out to Clevery Mill in Castlebaldwin. I've heard good reviews about it but when we got there it was closed. Apparently only open for large groups. So just went to McDermotts on the main road, they seemed to have good review on tripadvisor.
    I have to admit the starters were lovely! However for dinner I ordered the salmon and got a darn of salmon, half a handful of little cubes of veggies and a small plate of mashed potatoes and was charged 18 euro for it!!! I could have bought a whole salmon for less than that! Wont be going back.

Advertisement