Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knackadog

Thursday night will be mostly dry, with perhaps some light rain or drizzle on Atlantic seaboards. It will be a very mild night, with temperatures only falling to between 13 and 15 degrees Celsius. Some mist and fog patches may develop overnight. Friday will be a largely dry, warm day, with some good spells of sunshine at times. Temperatures will climb to the high teens, possibly the low twenties further inland, with light to moderate westerly winds, backing later to a more southerly flow. Saturday will see temperatures falling back a degree or two, it will still be mild, with light to moderate south to southwest winds. It will be a mostly dry day, however, some rain will develop along western coastal areas during the afternoon and evening, this will ease off overnight. Sunday should be a mostly dry day, with some sunny spells at times. It will however be slightly cooler, with temperatures struggling to reach the high teens, with light west to southwest breezes. A band of rain will spread through the country on Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks Martin, now over to Darren in the sports desk...

Any chance of little fluffy clouds?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

dereko1969 wrote: »
    anyone seen any foldie up chairs around dublin city or has everyone bought theirs already? as an old man can't be doing with all that standing around so need a chair, are there still some left around mary street (haven't gotten north side yet)?

Yeah Standing is a bitch. I want one of those leany stick seats that you jam into the ground and lean on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

dereko1969 wrote: »
    anyone seen any foldie up chairs around dublin city.

Yah saw them in whelans a few years ago. Their earlier stuff was amazing but they've sold out now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Dunnes has some of them director chairs, well in letterkenny they do, they might have some lying around the store though wherever

oh and does anyone know if the inflatable church will be there this year?

edit never mind found it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Guineys have some really basic ones for €5, not too sturdy but they looked pretty light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Weather forecast has picked up again.

Looks like little rain....

I'm not a million miles from Stradbally but it's pretty cloudy and liable to spill rain at any moment...

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_forecast.asp?eventID=1073

i'm bringin my speedos just in case:D
    woodstock2.jpg

can't believe people are so worried about the weather! We're Irish yes it'll be poo if it rains but hey we're used to it!

It's getting really warm and sunny now....i'm about 20 miles from stradbally as the crow flies......if this keeps up you'll need the sun tan:D

• Advertisement

i know this completly contridicts my last post but YAY fingers crossed it'll be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

danniemcq wrote: »
    can't believe people are so worried about the weather! We're Irish yes it'll be poo if it rains but hey we're used to it!

But if it gets all muddy and wet will my FMBs get all ruined and will I still be able to find somewhere to plug in my GHD, BYOB, GBH etc. etc??? :)

oh god ... frizzy hair! OMFG!!!1!1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Frizzy hair is a very real possibility for some of us y'know :(

I'm wondering if I get to the inflatable church when it opens at 1 how long will I have to wait around to get married?

Piste wrote: »
    Frizzy hair is a very real possibility for some of us y'know :(

I'm wondering if I get to the inflatable church when it opens at 1 how long will I have to wait around to get married?

hey i'm serious despite being a fella i have mad curly hair (and yes it can be a nightmare) and as far as the church goes think you have to book a time, so go there early friday (opens at one i think) and book a time, then you can call back when it's your time :)

any idea who your going to marry?

At this stage it's a toss up between Tracey K & Sinead O'Connor...

I call dibs on Tracey:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 allabouteve58

I am nearly sure I heard on the radio yesterday morning that this was the last year of Electric Picnic??

Anyone else hear this or am I completely losing it?? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mfield

Sun is splitting the trees in Kildare :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Was in Dunnes today getting supplies, they'd no foldable chairs in two places i tried in Galway.

They have them in a camping shop called Millets(?) though. I think they are a nationwide franchaise, so if anybody is looking for them (at this late stage) you'll get them there.

This time tomorrow i'll be on my way to getting gee eyed!!!

Please it's about the music, not the booze. My plan is to burn a CD of the best Picnic bands to listen to as I drive to Tesco to buy a litre of Smirnoff and a crate of Heineken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

sounds dangerous, better sell my ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

can anyone recommend some drum and bass at EP this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Dunno if theyre technically drum and bass or whatever but check out Modeselektor, Benga, Lindstrom, Deadmau5 and eh...maybe Diplo.

Check out Deviant and Kev Blake too on the friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Some of those are about as likely to play D&B as Christy Moore is!:p
    Really looking forward to Deadmau5, love some of his productions...

The Twisted Pepper area in the dance village is listed as "BREAKS/DUBSTEP/DRUM'N'BASS/BEATS", so I'd say that should be your first port of call for D&B.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

nice one - cheers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

tman wrote: »
    Some of those are about as likely to play D&B as Christy Moore is!:p
    Really looking forward to Deadmau5, love some of his productions...

The Twisted Pepper area in the dance village is listed as "BREAKS/DUBSTEP/DRUM'N'BASS/BEATS", so I'd say that should be your first port of call for D&B.

Would Deadmau5 be worth seeing over Modeselektor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Tusky wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

Just checked the 3 day forecast there - "light drizzle"!! WTF! This wasn't part of the plan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tusky wrote: »

Depends on your tastes really. Not a definite no for me anyway, but not a definite yes either...

• Advertisement

Press release:
    Traffic, Travel and Weather at the Electric Picnic.
    Electric Picnic 2008 The Boutique Music & Arts Festival, 29th, 30th & 31st August, Stradbally Hall, Co. Laois

The current forecast on met.ie is for it to be dry all week in the lead up to festival. Friday will be a largely dry, warm day, with some good spells of sunshine at times. Saturday will see temperatures falling back a degree or two, it will still be mild, with light to moderate south to southwest winds. It will be a mostly dry.

The Electric Picnic has finally arrived and for those music fans lucky enough to have a ticket there are three days of fantastic music from the likes of the legendary Sex Pistols, Goldfrapp and Franz Ferdinand, the expanded Leviathan Spoken Word Area, the Cookery Stage, art installations and sheer quirky entertainment. The event kicks off on Friday 29th August that the inimitable Electric Picnic kicks off with the campsite opening at 9am on Friday.

Organisers stress that there will be no access to the festival in advance of 9am Friday 29th August. Gardai will be operating an exclusion zone around the venue and there will be no access before this time.

For those arriving by car to the festival they are advised to approach Electric Picnic on the main M7 road. Organisers and AA Roadwatch are advising anybody attending the Electric Picnic to allow plenty of time for their journey as some traffic delays will be inevitable.

Picnickers holding Family TICKET must enter through Gate 5. Families must enter Stradbally via Athy, this is the only route that will gain access to the Family Campsite

As well as the introduction of a large number of eco-friendly initiatives for this year's event, Picnicers have been encouraged to use the car pool. Carpool.ie have launched the first dedicated carpooling service which will put drivers and passengers in contact and help reduce road congestion and carbon dioxide emissions. This is a free service provided by the organisers of Electric Picnic and Carpool.ie, with a few little incentives thrown in to encourage people to get to and from this year's event more economically and more environmentally friendly. By participating you will help ease traffic congestion, share the journey cost and reduce Co2 emissions.

Organizers recommend that where possible festival goers use public transport. Bus ireann will provide special coach services to Electric Picnic. Tickets can be booked on line www.buseireann.ie or Ph: 01 836 6111.

Advertisement