Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭fluke

Electric Dirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Fairly useless allright. Would like to see Underworld and maybe a couple others but overall it's a pretty crap line-up and not worth the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

An absolute disgrace....shocking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Funk legend George Clinton & his astonishing 30 piece P-Funk Allstars will be showing us a thing or two about how it's really done.

"Yo, I betta check that sh*t out mothfo**a".

I will defo be goin, hope one or 2 more good acts get added, then I'll be a happy camper.

Also, why are ppl talkin bout capacity? Last year there were no queues for beer, toilets had plenty of paper, and were cleaned. Just wish it didn't rain so much.

Love the Southern Comfort bar, YUMMMM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Waxing the Gaza

Gary Numan, he's fairly electric isnt he? Anyway, I think they're trying to cut down on the electricity bill, the environment etc :) Come to think of it maybe they should rename the festival, 'Renewable Energy Picnic' or something

Dont think Gary Numan is playing, he was on the fake line-up that was going around before the official one was announced. Its a pity he's not, i missed him in 06' and his new live show is supposed to be outstanding.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

blitzen trapper rock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

MY BLOODY VALENTINE and the added bonus that i turn 18 less than a month before hand:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Dont think Gary Numan is playing, he was on the fake line-up that was going around before the official one was announced. Its a pity he's not, i missed him in 06' and his new live show is supposed to be outstanding.......

shi*e anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

any ideas when Bodytonic announce their lineup for the fest??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Anyone heard of Digitalism and The Presets being added to the line-up?
    I suspected they would play the festival and the rumour going around is that they're confirmed.

EDIT: Bit of snooping on their myspaces and yes they are confirmed! Suh-weet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I'm far too excited about Electric Picnic...and its still 4 months away. My life is not as exciting as it used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Anyone heard of Digitalism and The Presets being added to the line-up?
    I suspected they would play the festival and the rumour going around is that they're confirmed.

EDIT: Bit of snooping on their myspaces and yes they are confirmed! Suh-weet!

Swish!! I know this line up is gonna be good when its all said and done. Thats 2 excellent aditions. Hopefully after all the great gigs that are on in May are over those acts will start getting announced for EP. Guys like MSTRKRFT, Boyz Noize, Broken Social Scene, M83, James Lavelle and Jens Lekman. Could be wishfull thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Hercules and Love Affair??? Now there would be a worthy addition - following one of the albums of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Still waiting for Dan and Scroobius to confirm! I'll try and ask them next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Still waiting for Dan and Scroobius to confirm! I'll try and ask them next month!

Id say thats pretty much a sure thing. They seem to have a good relationship with POD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Hayseed Dixie

They will be brilliant, mark my words

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Got tickets last week. I'm going on the success of all previous years. This Picnic will be special, as it will be our honeymoon.

I was thinking, do the organisers deliberatley pick and choose acts that deter the trouble-making, dirt-bags that arrive at festivals for trouble?

I seriously can't imagine too many caps n tracksuits at Picnic.

I think the words 'Conor Oberst & the Mystic Valley Band' would put them off.

Lets just pray for gallons of sunshine beaing down on our freckled shoulders this coming Picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Cant bloody wait.

Took the Thurs, Fri & Mon off work. All I need now is a tent for 6...

Must try get the boardsies to meet at the Picnic, perhaps a bar in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I actually like the lineup. Appeals to me enough to be able to go and have a good time, do some random stuff, and be my first time there, so really looking forward to it. shall hopefully be getting ticket by the end of the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 smuid

so out of the listed acts could someone pick out the electro acts for me so as i could chase em up, far too much guitar going on. I may not wear burberry caps and a wife beater but I still like to dance and underworld are currently the only ones on that line up that I recognise as fitting the bill. (Though if its true bout digitalism thats great news...)

In years past the problem was always the number of great acts clashing. No fear of that so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Smuid I would be looking at Digitalism and Booka Shade. A mate of mine swears by the presets as well.. The bodytonic 'village' area this year will be the way forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chris d

any chance Roxette will play? no?

im going. up guitars. up wilco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 smuid

Cheers Sajan, I didn't realise Booka Shade was on the line up, where'd you see that?

presets i have heard a couple of songs and have also a mate who swears by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

I see that NY is going to be there.... i would love to see her ..................... If only it wasn't so expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

But's it's Electric Picnic!

Yes, it's expensive but definitely worth it - the weekend is gonna be unreal!! EP is just a great weekend, whatever the lineup.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

chris d wrote: »
    any chance Roxette will play? no?

im going. up guitars. up wilco.

up chris!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Aspiration wrote: »
    But's it's Electric Picnic!

Yes, it's expensive but definitely worth it - the weekend is gonna be unreal!! EP is just a great weekend, whatever the lineup.

i know, ive been 2/3 times before... just skint this year! the whole, bathroom thing is what makes it so much harder...:(
    its frikkin horrible!

Hey, does anyone know how much of a crossover exsts between EP and Hydro-Connect in Scotland?

http://www.connectmusicfestival.com/content/default.asp?page=s2_4

Theres obviously a few big ones crossing there, but I'm just wondering what are the chances of the Gutter Twins doing EP? If I was to go(which I am, will be a small bit before I get the ticket), this would be the icing on the cake pretty much, as I'd finally see Mark Lanegan. So heres hoping.

Also, Flaming Lips are touring around then...any chances of them playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

all_the_stars, i definitely agree with you. the toilets are manky. last year i puked after walking in on about 5 blocked toilets on the sunday morning. the smell was absolutely putrid! ...so i went down to body and soul for a few hours and chilled til the toilets were cleaned and i knew they were safe enough to use again. i hope they do something about them this year!!

So far, i'm looking forward to Sigur Ros, Underworld, Goldfrapp and CSS!

• Advertisement

Well, just scouting the Gutter Twins website, and they down for EP in the middle of their UK tour:D:D. Finally get to see Lanegan in the flesh, its gonna be cracking now. I like to say it was an inspired decision for me to choose here this year!

Advertisement