Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q + A with El Stuntman

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Flushdraw wrote: »

4. Sapphire from the SE is dealing your table and you notice her nipple has slipped out. Do you try to draw her attention and let her know?

Best well question ever Tony. WP!

P.S. Not entirely hypothethical either as it has happened but not to sapphire afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

kpnuts wrote: »
    Italian Stallion Jack, Dishy Derek, Don't-Touch-My-Button David ... take your pick!

Sapphire pwns though.

your taste in men is seriously dodgy KP!

HalfBaked wrote: »
    wow El Stuntman, what makes you so totally awesome?.

well Peter, that's a tough question....but a fair one

I'll let you into a little secret, I try to model everything I do on the lives of my two great heroes - Mr Phil Hellmuth and Mr Jamie Gold. Obviously I cannot hope to reach their heights of total awesomeness but I like to think that living my life according to their standards allows me to rise head and shoulders above the common herd (and boy, are they common)

Once again, thanks for taking the time to come up with such an original question, I hope that game in Star City is still treating you well.

1. You’re playing €800 in the SE NL and Tadgh has you covered. You raise to €35 with AA and Tadgh calls. Flop is AK10..You bet €65, he raises to €200 and you ship the loot. He calls and said “I put you on a set”, flips over KJo and spikes a Q to scoop the pot.
    Do you …

A) Say nice hand sir, tap the table and go for a stroll
    B) Say good call….where can I buy your book?
    C) Count slowly to 10 to try stop yourself reaching across the table at him
    D) Unleash a tirade of abuse?

probably B

C is not an option as it might involve physical contact with him

he'd only enjoy D so I'd make sure to control myself until I got outside
    2. You’re given the job of picking the food for the SE’s next €500 game. You only have a small budget so what cheap and quick to cook foods do you put out for Dublins finest degens?

one chicken curry (something mild like a korma) and one vegetarian lasagne

throw some salad, some rice and some garlic bread on the side

easy to cook, pretty tasty and would definitely cost less than the muck they serve up now
    3. Whats the square root of 4761 and did you need a calculator to work it out?

it's between 60 and 70 anyway, lol, I just got it :p

no calculator required, I'm quite good at mental arithmetic
    4. Sapphire from the SE is dealing your table and you notice her nipple has slipped out. Do you try to draw her attention and let her know?

depends if BCB is at the table, if he is I'm going to have let her know on health and safety grounds (if it stays out he might very well have a heart attack)

if not, play on
    5. Which 2 local poker players game have you changed your opinion about tenfold since you first played with them i.e you thought he has very good and now you know he is a complete fish and vice versa?

the first time I played with Smurph, I thought she was kinda weak-passive. Now I know she's a killing machine :pac:

I don't think it's fair to ask for public opinions the other way around
    6. Do you have a lucky/unlucky dealer..Derek seems to be the cooler king for everyone so there must be someone out there that reaps the rewards..Is it you huh?

yeah Derek has dished me up some classics (of the bad variety)

David seems to be my lucky dealer, he is getting very grumpy these days though
    7. You get granted 3 wishes but each one must be a selfless deed that you don’t directly get the benefit from..What would you choose?

what's the point in that?

OK:

- cure for AIDS be found and deployed speedily
    - integrated schooling be made mandatory in Northern Ireland
    - some pointyhead finds a way of reducing carbon emissions from burning fossil fuels to zero
    8. As a punishment for inflicting a bad bead, you must spent 4 hours strapped to a chair in a room with one of the following scenarios….your captor allows you to choose from..

A) Ronan Keating singing his greatest hits back to back, over and over
    B) Lily Savage performing a continuous lap dance, only stopping to adjust his balls
    C) Watch re-runs of Prisoner Cell Block H
    D) Dealer Dave from the SE tickling your feet

Jesus, you put some time and effort into this :eek:

A is definitely the worst, I'd probably commit suicide and swallow my own tongue. I'll take B, I'm getting more used to transsexuals by the week with recent events in the SE!
    9. What do you think of body modification. E.g. the lizard man who has his body tattooed in scales, implants under his skin, his tongue split in 2 plus numerous other things

not a big fan, a small tattoo (in the right place) can be quite erotic though
    10. Who’s the best/worst speech play tactician that you’ve ever played with?

ollyk1, when he's on form, can put an entire table on a subtle and insidious form of tilt! rounders123, when locked, has the ability to equally mystify and excite his table...

I'm terrible at speechplay myself and should probably just shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

well Peter, that's a tough question....but a fair one

I'll let you into a little secret, I try to model everything I do on the lives of my two great heroes - Mr Phil Hellmuth and Mr Jamie Gold. Obviously I cannot hope to reach their heights of total awesomeness but I like to think that living my life according to their standards allows me to rise head and shoulders above the common herd (and boy, are they common).

Im reading this as a Jimmy Rabbitte style of self interview reply!.

btw read kpnuts ollyk1 esq style comment in rag2gars latest entry. just lol.
    hopefully they are not useing the same ip!.

• Advertisement

So THATS why all the lads go to the SE! ;)

any decent looking male dealers? :D

no, not really.

Jack has a kind of cheeky-boy Italian thing going for him

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

no, not really.

Jack has a kind of cheeky-boy Italian thing going for him

Damn, so there really isnt any good reason to come down to Dublin and play poker in a few weeks??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Dont know you and dont have any questions that havent been asked already, but just want to say thanks for an enjoyable and interesting read!!

Damn, so there really isnt any good reason to come down to Dublin and play poker in a few weeks??? :D

well yes, we are all huge fish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Hi Glyn,
    Great read WP GG n all that. Very enjoyable and probably the only well i ve read from start to finish.

Cheers

Jay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

well yes, we are all huge fish :)
    Haha you just want to take all my money!
    I am actually going down in a months time, so going to try the Sportin, looking forward to it.

Was planning on going the weekend of the Irish Open, but left my passport in Citywest (not great planning) so will be back for another crack at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

Great read Glynn. Hope to see you in the SE this weekend where I'll be waiting for you to ask Tadgh for a copy of his book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

great well, I have nothing really to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

I've got great enjoyment from reading your Q&A I feel obliged to ask a few questions of my own.

1. First hand of WSOP ME and you’ve got KK UTG and raise to 4xBB, a TV celebrity in the BB (non poker associated), pushes their stack in, do you call.

2(a). Presumably you where at the birth of your little girl, did you cry?

2(b). If you did, don’t you agree only Real Men cry at the birth of their little girls. ;)

3.(a) For some unknown reason, you've got to play the Devil in a game to save your soul (heads up for souls) would you choose poker or a best of five in a hockey one on one session.

3.(b) Same question except its Jamie Gold’s soul.

4. Your heads up at the FT of say the Fitz EOM game the chip leader has just knocked out the third place finisher and now has a massive chip lead 6/1. Its late and your tired, you ask for a deal to try and secure more than the second place prize and CL says no. You play on ninja style and shortly back to 50/50, villain asks for a deal, you?

Thanks again for the well.

Blip wrote: »
    1. First hand of WSOP ME and you’ve got KK UTG and raise to 4xBB, a TV celebrity in the BB (non poker associated), pushes their stack in, do you call.

in a heartbeat (and get dogged by their A5 suited)
    2(a). Presumably you where at the birth of your little girl, did you cry?

yes
    2(b). If you did, don’t you agree only Real Men cry at the birth of their little girls. ;)

of course
    3.(a) For some unknown reason, you've got to play the Devil in a game to save your soul (heads up for souls) would you choose poker or a best of five in a hockey one on one session.

well I'm not going to win, he's Beelzebub, the Prince of Darkness ffs! No point in getting sweaty so I'll take the poker option
    3.(b) Same question except its Jamie Gold’s soul.

that could never happen as Gold clearly has already sold it in return for luckboxing his way to the WSOP
    4. Your heads up at the FT of say the Fitz EOM game the chip leader has just knocked out the third place finisher and now has a massive chip lead 6/1. Its late and your tired, you ask for a deal to try and secure more than the second place prize and CL says no. You play on ninja style and shortly back to 50/50, villain asks for a deal, you?

I'd probably say no but fully recognise the stupidity of this

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

Originally Posted by Flushdraw

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Best well question ever Tony. WP!

P.S. Not entirely hypothethical either as it has happened but not to sapphire afaik

Yeah but the person it happened to was all nipple and no tit-nice all the same though;)

I have a question: can I get out of this well now?

It's cold and wet down here and I'm hungry...and frightened...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I have a question: can I get out of this well now?

It's cold and wet down here and I'm hungry...and frightened...

Don't lie, you're loving it.
    Now stay down there until you've written a book.

Also, that french place on fade street - how are their toulouse sausages?

Don't lie, you're loving it.
    Now stay down there until you've written a book.

Also, that french place on fade street - how are their toulouse sausages?

I wrote a new blog story that's nearly as long as a book

the sausages are fine but let's face it, you can get sausages anywhere

now throw someone else in, I suggest rounders123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

If it takes two men, three days to walk backwards into eternity how long will it take the Easter Bunny to spin $10 into $1000 playing Omaha?

Why is the sea blue?

Why is the sky blue?

If the world had an edge, where would it be?

What is your favourite type of melon?

• Advertisement

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

If it takes two men, three days to walk backwards into eternity how long will it take the Easter Bunny to spin $10 into $1000 playing Omaha?

Why is the sea blue?

Why is the sky blue?

If the world had an edge, where would it be?

What is your favourite type of melon?

mods, can you please ban BCB for trolling this thread? a serious well like this one should not be ruined by this sort of inane 'banter'

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You should have done it yourself while you were a moderator!!!!

5starpool wrote: »
    You should have done it yourself while you were a moderator!!!!

doh!

seriously, well over, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

GG Wp

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Great read, thanks for taking the time to do the well.:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I wrote a new blog story that's nearly as long as a book

Before it's closed, great read that, killed some time before home time, the well has brought you a new reader

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

John Swarbrigg from the SE and, er, that's it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55546014&postcount=46

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

doh!

seriously, well over, yes?

Thw well is over when you decide it is. If you don't answer any questions, people will stop asking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Slipped out!!! You must be joking... Burst out in a tremendous explosion possibly but slipped out just ain't possible within the laws of physics ;)

WD Glyn great read, pity you got two wrong earlier but NH WP all the same.

Advertisement