Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q + A with El Stuntman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Reveal something about yourself that you think might shock or surprise people on this forum.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

so sorry to hear that, tell her at least she can change her surname back from Hoor now :)
    But that was what got her hooked. Her maiden name of Lynch didn't suit her - Dirty Filthy Lynch.

Her parents were cruel people.
    I think exports of ring-tailed lemurs will taper off slowly but this will be more than offset by a boom in the market for mature babobab trees
    lol
    of course, it'd be pretty cool to have a loaf-sized lump of cash!

Mugabe will be out after the weekend anyway
    Seriously? Election that isn't rigged taking place or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Do you follow football? If not ignore the next few questions:

yes although the insane hyping of the Premiership really turns me off it. I like watching Champions League.

My biggest problem with top-level soccer is the players; overpaid, ill-behaved scumbags imo
    Did you play as a youth whenever you could drag yourself away from your hockey skirt? If so what club/level?

I used toi kick around but never played organised stuff
    Premiership club?

I support Ipswich - we'll be back in the big time next year baby!

(will never forget the Day Man U beat us 9-0, bit of a low point :()
    Most overrated premiership player?

Ronaldo, he's great against the usual premiership dross, he's never done it in a big European game away from home. He was pathetic against AC Milan last year in the semi. I'm with Dunphy on this one!
    Underrated?

Gael Clichy
    Will Liverpool win the title within the next 5 seasons?

no, it's a money race and they haven't got enough
    Strategy for a multi rebuy tourny: Gambool or nit it up and stack the gamblers? Assuming 25e rebuys

gambool like crazy and try to get a stack for the freezeout part
    Do you read or are a member of twoplustwo?

I'm a member but think I've made < 10 posts. Haven't read it for months.
    Was there any event during your twenties which totally changed your outlook on life?

my father dying
    One word answer, whats the difference between a duck?

water?
    Are there any specific goals you would like to achieve before you're 40?

No, I just kind of take things as they come
    You're stuck on a desert island, how much of yourself could you eat before you died?

any desert islands I see on TV these days are full of attractive young people so I'd probably eat them instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Good well so far Stunty....a few Q's, i should have got in earlier all the good ones are gone

1. What sats are you going to be concentrating on over the coming months, WSOP/EPT/WPT, or are you bothered trying to get into one of these.
    2. How do you manage balancing work/life/family/poker, for me it can be hectic at times obvious family time is priority but do you allow a ceratin amount of time for poker each week.
    3. Final table WSOP event or 1st place in a 1k Irish event.
    4. Have you considered buying property abroad if so where? Do you think Turkey is a sound investment and do you see them entering the euro zone in the next 7-10 years.
    5. WSOP win or a published book (obv a good selling one!!)
    6. How will you react when your Daughter brings home the first boyfriend:pac: no troubles for me all alfa males;)

Keep posting on your blog, a very good read

Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Another fun one for you:

HU for your roll: Valor v HectorJelly, who plays with your money. EDIT: The other plays for it obv.

If you've never played with either just make an educated guess.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Seriously? Election that isn't rigged taking place or something?

apparently, read today's Irish Times, looks like Makoni has it in the bag. I'm sure a deal has been done already to allow Mugabe to leave the country and keep his assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Favourite city in the world? in europe? If you had to live somewhere in Ireland, other than Dublin - where?

Have you ever spent a night in jail in Ireland? If not, would you put it down to luck or behaving

Top 3 issues with Irish politics.

If poker players had to run the country, who would be your top 5 ministers!
    a lot of the clergy there seem to be more liberal than most of the population.
    QFT. Have you met Reverend Kevin Brew from St Mary's in Howth? I had to collect him from Galway and drive him 90 mins to Clifden for my sister's wedding. Very funny car journey, I was bricking it because I hadn't stepped foot in a church in 10 years, and my only source of income would be a debatable topic... He turned out to be a scatter brained physicist, and had great views on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

Irish women or Polish women?

missed this one, important question though

Polish women are obviously hotter as a general bloc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Braclet in a WSOP event with a prize of $500,000 or bubble before final table of main event for $600,000?

• Advertisement

Ste05 wrote: »
    Another fun one for you:

HU for your roll: Valor v HectorJelly, who plays with your money. EDIT: The other plays for it obv.

If you've never played with either just make an educated guess.

Hectorjelly obviously. Valor has never won a tournament so he's clearly a total fish! :pac::pac::pac:

1. What sats are you going to be concentrating on over the coming months, WSOP/EPT/WPT, or are you bothered trying to get into one of these.

probably an EPT, can't see myself having the time to go to Vegas. Not really too bothered either way.
    2. How do you manage balancing work/life/family/poker, for me it can be hectic at times obvious family time is priority but do you allow a ceratin amount of time for poker each week.

one evening for poker a week and two if I can charm Mrs S into letting me out!
    3. Final table WSOP event or 1st place in a 1k Irish event.

WSOP event
    4. Have you considered buying property abroad if so where? Do you think Turkey is a sound investment and do you see them entering the euro zone in the next 7-10 years.

no I haven't, I look aroud europe and see housing bubbles in most markets that are being frantically flogged to us Paddies (Spain, Bulgaria, Cape Verde etc). I doubt that Turkey is any different.

if you can afford it as a holiday home, then go for it but I can think of safer places to invest - off the top of my head, I can remember at least two serious Turkish economic crises
    5. WSOP win or a published book (obv a good selling one!!)

hmm, equal earnings for both?

the book
    6. How will you react when your Daughter brings home the first boyfriend:pac: no troubles for me all alfa males;)

let's just sort out an arranged marriage now and get past all these potential pitfalls..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Thanks El Stunt and good luck with the rest of this well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ronaldo, he's great against the usual premiership dross, he's never done it in a big European game away from home. He was pathetic against AC Milan last year in the semi. I'm with Dunphy on this one!

Sigh....

So what more does he have to do or like everyone else do you just judge him on the merits of two games? Is 35 goals so far this season not enough? Even Lloyd was saying he didn't deserve player of the year last season.

Also he preforms pretty well for Portugal and has scored a good few against Arsenal and got his first against the usual dross on Easter Sunday there.

ocallagh wrote: »
    Favourite city in the world?

New York
    in europe?

Seville is really nice, shame it's so frickin' hot
    If you had to live somewhere in Ireland, other than Dublin - where?

Somewhere in county Cork, Youghal is lovely
    Have you ever spent a night in jail in Ireland? If not, would you put it down to luck or behaving

no but I haven't ever committed any major crimes, I've had my name taken a few times
    Top 3 issues with Irish politics.

1. the mind-numbingly parochial attitudes of politicans and voters alike
    2. the toleration of corruption
    3. the concept of political dynasties such as the bloody Healy-Reas
    If poker players had to run the country, who would be your top 5 ministers!

Lucky Lloyd - Minster for Defence (no-one's going to mess with him)
    Big City Banker - Minster for Communications (following his awesome tv appearance at the weekend)
    rounders123 - Minister for Education (he could teach the young fellas a thing or two)
    Smurph - Minister for Equality (first job: ban women's poker events)
    Gholimoli - Minister for War
    QFT. Have you met Reverend Kevin Brew from St Mary's in Howth? I had to collect him from Galway and drive him 90 mins to Clifden for my sister's wedding. Very funny car journey, I was bricking it because I hadn't stepped foot in a church in 10 years, and my only source of income would be a debatable topic... He turned out to be a scatter brained physicist, and had great views on everything.

no but most Ministers are total mentalists, it's my opinion that they get shunted into the Church because they're totally unfit to do anything else!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Rasta, those five games or so are THE games. Don't you wanna win the Champions league?

Don't you start.... 7 apperances and 6 goals in the Champions League(joint top scorer with Messi)
    Top scorer in the Premiership with 25 goals.

Season is not over yet but I can't ask any more of the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Rasta, those five games or so are THE games. Don't you wanna win the Champions league?

not wishing to derail this excellent well but Ronaldo might argue his performance for Portugal are THE games. ALso I'm sure Liverpool would love to have him on thier team as would most of the big teams in Europe offering umpteen million for the lad.....the fact the Dumphy or lloyd don't rate him as player of the year shouldn't upset you rasta....think about it:):) also do not discount Fergies dubious tactics in the big European games....(I pull me hair out at times)

Stunty you are a prolific well writer and win the well award. man ..WP old chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

Great well Stuntman

What was the inspiration behind the name El_Stuntman?

Does Mrs Stuntman read your blog? What about co-workers?

Do you believe in the following:
    Luck
    Karma,
    God

If you were to be reborn as someone from any a race of your choice (excluding caucasian), which would you choose and why?

Would you like to be the worlds supreme ruler? If you could become so in the morning, what would be your first rule?

• Advertisement

True.... this well should be sticky and go on forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Ste!! Your next post is number 5000. Make it something good!!
    :mad: you couldn't just let me miss that one :rolleyes:
    Hectorjelly obviously. Valor has never won a tournament so he's clearly a total fish! :pac::pac::pac:
    LMAO, great answer.

RasTa wrote: »
    Sigh....

So what more does he have to do or like everyone else do you just judge him on the merits of two games? Is 35 goals so far this season not enough? Even Lloyd was saying he didn't deserve player of the year last season.

let's talk again after the Champions League is over

I'm with Dunphy: "he's a Bengal lancer" (whatever the hell that means :confused:)

Clareman wrote: »
    Braclet in a WSOP event with a prize of $500,000 or bubble before final table of main event for $600,000?

I'll take the extra 100k tyvm

male jewellery is gay

spectre wrote: »
    What was the inspiration behind the name El_Stuntman?

I used to play in a home game with a bunch of Aussies who thought I was a mad bluffer. One of them would always ask me was I 'pulling stunts again' when we were heads-up in a big pot. Then I got called Stuntman out of that. We lived in a big apartment in Temple Bar and would pretyt much play poker every day, good times.

So when I first signed up for an internet account (good old Tribeca), I called myself El Stuntman (don't know where the El bit came from, maybe to make myself sound exotic lol)
    Does Mrs Stuntman read your blog? What about co-workers?

Mrs S - yes (I think)

co-workers - no, I try not to mention poker at work although a couple of the lads know I play
    Do you believe in the following:
    Luck
    Karma,
    God

yes to all and especially karma, that's why I always tip goot!
    If you were to be reborn as someone from any a race of your choice (excluding caucasian), which would you choose and why?

I'd be a Thai Buddhist, happiest people I ever met. I remember being in Bangkok for the Buddhist New Year; total good-natured anarchic fun
    Would you like to be the worlds supreme ruler? If you could become so in the morning, what would be your first rule?

lol, I can't think of anyone better qualified for the job!

first rule: slowrollers must die (happy Smurph? ;))

right, I'm off to do me bollix in the SE, will respond to any more questions tomorrow. No more about money/finance please, it's a depressing topic and not one that gentlemen should engage in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Excellent well, no Q's from me, just thanks for the superb read.

Oh, and 'Bengal Lancer' is rhyming slang for a chancer, although I thought it was 'Bengal Dancer'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Lazare wrote: »
    Excellent well, no Q's from me, just thanks for the superb read.

QUOTE]

Itso factso.Thanks very mooch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

:eek: Shudder.

I had fun at UCD too but it ruined my development and I was out of the game at the end of it. Playing there is great fun but it runs people from a hockey perspective. In theory it should really help some players because they get to be the focal point of a firsts team where they may be fringe on the firsts / seconds at their own club. But training and preperation is generally shambolic and you see some kids that go backwards over the course of four years. There is a real culture of losing on the pitch there.

And yeah, anytime I played on an "all weather" pitch was hell. Thankfully there was only a few about when I started playing in 96 or so. I played once on the grass at St Brendans and it was a horrible experience.
    I remember playing hockey on a grass pitch when I was in school!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Not to derail the thread too much but...
    Dunphy is an idiot who knows nothing about football. Anyone who respects his opinion is crazy. His only good contribution to football punditry was calling Andy Gray a "vegetable" lmao.

Also great well Glyn.

Advertisement