Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Maybe he just thought she'd be a pain in the arse.:D

Well she probably would wreck your head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I don't think it went against her tbh. I think Lee fits the profile of an apprentice better than Claire - he has more to learn and as Surallun's advisors pointed out, he needs this opportunity more than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I don't think it went against her tbh. I think Lee fits the profile of an apprentice better than Claire - he has more to learn and as Surallun's advisors pointed out, he needs this opportunity more than her.

Probably reckons he can mould daft but enthuastic Lee much more easily than Claire.

Better for television him winning too I guess as not many like Claire while Lee was seen as this big lovable oaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I don't know about Lee really, I don't think he has te integrity! Like for a compition like that did he really think he wouldn't get caught out lying about his education!?

I think he just had more in common with Lee end of story. But I don't think he is half as good as the Badger or Kristina in the last 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

what the bloody hell is going on on BBC1?

is "you're hired" cancelled? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

what the bloody hell is going on on BBC1?

is "you're hired" cancelled? :(

No, it's on at 11.10. It's because we have BBC NI here, and they've changed it a bot for some reason.

If you have more channels in other services bbc1 london should be in there. It's on now. Lee looks like he's walking on air :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

Hhmph! I have work at 11:30pm, grr! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

staker wrote: »
    yeah, just watching it now on sky+... mefinks lee's the potential winner

:p <goes down the bookies and puts house on Lee not having a job in 12 months>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I was surprised Lee got it I was sure it was Claire as the preview last weeks showed him pointing his your hired finger to the person on his Right! Plus he seemed to really like Claire all through the shows and gave her loads of chances, never got that impression that he really liked Lee, anyway I think he picked the right person, ok he lied on his CV a lot of people do that, the only thing I didn't like from Lee was when he attacked Sara, but other then that I'm happy he won!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Hennybug wrote: »
    He did the same thing he's done every year, give the job to the second best candidate and overlook the strong woman :rolleyes:
    3 out of 4 times I think the runner-up has been the better candidate.
    (the exception being Series 1 - Tim deserved the job because Saira was just headwrecking!)
    I'm not tooconvinced about Lee - he had some great moments and some absolute horrors (His CV, The tissue presentation, the way he treated Sara)
    If the job gets stressful, I think he'll crack.
    Claire should have won, but I hope Lee does do well.

I'm just so glad Alex didn't win. :)
    Sabre0001 wrote:
    ROFL!!! That's brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Akrasia wrote: »
    I don't know about that. I'm sure Alan has heard the adage about eggs and a basket. Why would he put his two favoured candidates on the same team when something could happen and he'd have to fire both of them (lets say Lee gives the presentation and it totally bombs, it would mean he would have to fire both lee and claire even though it wouldn't have been claire's mistake)

Told ya!

Na na na men are better than women!!:D

*shoots*

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Megalulz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Originally Posted by Hennybug
    He did the same thing he's done every year, give the job to the second best candidate and overlook the strong woman

Claire wasn't the best candidate for an apprentice position. She's too experienced and couldn't be moulded and trained like Lee could. Same thing happened with the Badger and Kristina in previous years.

Helen and Alex are just tw*ts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Off topic discussions moved to the Irish Apprentice thread. Last warning on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

An enjoyable ending,

Quite suprised Lee won, happy that it wasnt the other 3 though, i didnt think anyone was really worthy of the job this season.

Thank god Alex didnt win, I dont like his attitude, I didnt like the way he treated Helene, He is a cocky *%$!£"£ who would sell his granny to make it.

Helene, Never did much in order to deserve the apprentice position.

Claire, Although I like her, She was too Mouthy for the job,

Lee, "thats what I am talking about" and I am sorry but I have to mention his annoying way of speaking, He lied in his CV. Ok in fairness he was the most consistent out of the lot of them and did come across as a nice guy, but I was suprised he got it.

Ahh well fair play to him. And good luck to him too!!

As for the crew they brought back, Jaysus I thought I had seen the back of Kevin and Michael the fecking chuckle brothers. two gobsheens imo.

Ah roll on next year..... Or whenever the alternative home produced version being discussed on another thread begins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think the reason why Lee got the job is because he was the most consistent contestant. Won 9 or 10 tasks, 3 of those when team captain and got on with everybody. I think Claire mouthiness lost it for her in the end, especially the comment she made a couple of weeks back about fancying SAS or thinking he was cute and then the same again about one of the guys interviewing her.

But anyway, I think Lee would get more out of the job than Claire who is already earning 75K a year.What was the deal with Lucinda doing her psycho bint routine in the "You're Fired" show? She could've been a bit more gracious.

It was also nice to see SAS say that he didn't like the way Alex tried to get Lucinda fired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

to be fair lads he prob got the job on his performance over the past 3-4 months working for sugar, thats what he makes his decision on

I was happy with the overall result. Lee was never in the Boardroom, Claire was there numerous times. As said Lee performed consistently over the length of the process. I am glad that Alex did not win. He was really upset in the taxi. I roared with laughter. :D

We found out last night that SAS does not like grasses and back stabbers. Fair play to him for mentioning it. I think that overall the right person won. Lee was the best of a bad lot of candidates.

I had a feeling that Lee had won as the newspapers had spoilered the result by being full of pics of Claire in slutware clothing which if she had won SAS would not approve of it.

Alex and Helene lost it on the design of the bottle. I actually got the impression it was the designer's idea for the portable bottle. If only Alex had admitted that when Sugar asked him in the boardroom. He probably thought he was keeping the credit for himself when in actual fact he was doing himself a disservice.

Shocked Claire didn't win though.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I had a feeling that Lee had won as the newspapers had spoilered the result by being full of pics of Claire in slutware clothing which if she had won SAS would not approve of it.

dear god are you serious :eek:

I am serious in that the papers did spolier the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Topmanager

I was surprised Lee got it I was sure it was Claire as the preview last weeks showed him pointing his your hired finger to the person on his Right! Plus he seemed to really like Claire all through the shows and gave her loads of chances, never got that impression that he really liked Lee, anyway I think he picked the right person, ok he lied on his CV a lot of people do that, the only thing I didn't like from Lee was when he attacked Sara, but other then that I'm happy he won!

Sir Alan recorded two takes of the final and he decided which one to choose.

I am serious in that the papers did spolier the outcome.

it was the slutware that upset me :pac:

Topmanager wrote: »
    Sir Alan recorded two takes of the final and he decided which one to choose.
    You are correct. It was recorded around November.

What is not completely clear is when does he choose a winner. There seems to be 2 schools of thought on it.

1.) He decides a week to 10 days prior to transmission.
    2.) He decides on the Monday just prior to the recording of the "You're hired" show.

Either are plausible but I reckon it is the first one.

Cyrus wrote: »
    it was the slutware that upset me :pac:
    We can agree to disagree on that one. :)

• Advertisement

You are correct. It was recorded around November.

For real? I'm amazed about this. So both the finalists are told "You're Hired"??

Advertisement