Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Please help disabled driver choose a car

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try the new Fiesta.

Large%20Image%20%28optional%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,629 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Try the new Fiesta.

Large%20Image%20%28optional%29.jpg

Nice looking car. And it doesn't seem to have one of those stupid, massive centre consoles which are the thorn in my a**e!!

And if anyone is gonna give you a good deal on your 08 Fiesta, Ford will.

Fiesta 1.4 auto only available in Style (base but not too basic) spec.

€18k base price.

Falls into VRT band C.

€15,000 without VRT.
    €12,345 without VAT or VRT.

And if anyone is gonna give you a good deal on your 08 Fiesta, Ford will.

Fiesta 1.4 auto only available in Style (base but not too basic) spec.

€18k base price.

Not bad. There ain't much choice out there when it comes to 3 door autos. I saw a gorgeous Alfa Romeo Mito in "New Car" magazine today, but a friend warned me to stay the **** away from them as they apparently have very poor resale value...??

a friend warned me to stay the **** away from them as they apparently have very poor resale value...??

Alfas and Fiats generally don't have the best percentge resale, but you'd lose a whole lot more on a more expensive car like a Golf automatic.
    If you like it, buy it. No car has amazing resale anymore.

• Advertisement

Alfas and Fiats generally don't have the best percentge resale, but you'd lose a whole lot more on a more expensive car like a Golf automatic.
    If you like it, buy it. No car has amazing resale anymore.

That Alfa Romeo Mito doesn't come in automatic transmission as far as I can see from their website??

They don't do them in the UK either! oops.
    How about a mini?
    Auto starts at 24k, but I hear they're dropping their prices

Clubman might be good for access too, it has twin doors on the drivers side. (2k premium though)

Colm

Does the new VW Polo come in a 3 door auto?? Their website is a load of rubbish. Doesn't seem to feature automatic models??

you can get a 1.4 Comfortline 3dr for €20200 with air conditioning. you can get a Plus model for €400 extra

• Advertisement

you can get a 1.4 Comfortline 3dr for €20200 with air conditioning. you can get a Plus model for €400 extra

Link?

Thats a 5 door.

Look at the list underneath....

EDIT:I'm assuming these are the new model? lets hope they are. No mention of a 1.6 TDI model which the new one has.

Look at the list underneath....

EDIT:I'm assuming these are the new model? lets hope they are. No mention of a 1.6 TDI model which the new one has.

That's not the new model. The new model looks like this:http://www.volkswagen.ie/Configurator/index.cfm?fuseaction=vw.Variant&modelID=2533&bodyID=4236

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

I know a disabled chap that drives a Berlingo Multispace, he reckons tis a grand yoke altogether. It is pimped to suit his needs of course.

does he drive from the chair by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

does he drive from the chair by any chance?

He does yeah. He wheels in, clamps down the chair and off he goes.

those are generally for people who have very little mobility, i.e they couldn't lift themselves out of the wheelchair and then get the wheelchair into the car themselves.

Those conversions are hugely expensive too. The OP just has a Fiesta with hand controls. hard to recommend a Berlingo unless a drive-from-wheelchair was needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

New Polo 3 door is available from January 2010. Irish spec doesn't include a 3 door auto.

UK spec has a 3 door auto for about €13K ex VAT and VRT (Polo SEL 3dr Auto DSG). Could an Irish dealer order one in for you?

IWA Membership enables people to avail of a substantial discount when purchasing the following vehicle models:

•Citroen
    •Daewoo
    •Fiat
    •Ford
    •Hyundai
    •Mitsubishi
    •Nissan
    •Opel
    •Peugeot
    •Renault
    •Seat Subaru
    •Toyota
    •VW
    •Volvo

This is the list of cars taken from the IWA that offer discounts to Drivers/Passengers who are IWA Members.

Loads to choose from. I need to take a day and go around to various dealers to see which one suits me best. But, I would need to go quite local, as was mentioned somewhere in this thread, to be able to avail of service etc, and also to cut out the hassle of being without a car for too long, as I am a disabled driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭vectra

IWA Membership enables people to avail of a substantial discount when purchasing the following vehicle models:

•Citroen
    •Daewoo
    •Fiat
    •Ford
    •Hyundai
    •Mitsubishi
    •Nissan
    •Opel
    •Peugeot
    •Renault
    •Seat Subaru
    •Toyota
    •VW
    •Volvo

This is the list of cars taken from the IWA that offer discounts to Drivers/Passengers who are IWA Members.

Loads to choose from. I need to take a day and go around to various dealers to see which one suits me best. But, I would need to go quite local, as was mentioned somewhere in this thread, to be able to avail of service etc, and also to cut out the hassle of being without a car for too long, as I am a disabled driver.

Just wondering
    why did you decide against the SEAT Leon?

vectra wrote: »
    Just wondering
    why did you decide against the SEAT Leon?

Two reasons: 1 - The website's car configurator is a load of *****, and 2 - I'm looking for a dealership that is near to where I live for convenience sake, should I have any problems with my car(car service etc). Also, I am slowly discovering that 3 door automatic cars are very bloody hard to come by nowadays.....:confused:

the "substantial" discount is a few hundred €.

the "substantial" discount is a few hundred €.

Better in my pocket than theirs.

It looks like ALL the dealers websites are being updated?? I've tried a few different sites for different models, and they don't seem to be displaying any auto models??

Hi guys,

OP here...........I changed my username after the site went down.

Can anyone give me information on the VW Golf 1.2l TSI DSG?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,664 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hi guys,

OP here...........I changed my username after the site went down.

Can anyone give me information on the VW Golf 1.2l TSI DSG?

Only seems to be available in a 5dr :(

R.O.R wrote: »
    Only seems to be available in a 5dr :(

Surely it would be available as a 3dr on import??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Surely it would be available as a 3dr on import??

It would cost YOU more ;)

Advertisement