Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Please help disabled driver choose a car

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

vectra wrote: »
    It would cost YOU more ;)

What's with the ;)? It's a bigger car than the Fiesta, which is what I want/need.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

What's with the ;)? It's a bigger car than the Fiesta, which is what I want/need.

The ;)
    is in my answer to your question about importing one.
    It would be dearer to import than to buy here..

vectra wrote: »
    The ;)
    is in my answer to your question about importing one.
    It would be dearer to import than to buy here..

But is that version of the car available in Ireland?? I can't find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

But is that version of the car available in Ireland?? I can't find it?

Not from VW Ireland. They don't offer the Golf with 3dr's and a DSG box.

Haven't a clue if they do in the UK or not, but you'd have to import it yourself which is what Vectra's getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Seriously OP, you need to pick a day and travel around to a few garages and actually try out the cars and see what they can come up with that is suitable;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

R.O.R wrote: »
    Not from VW Ireland. They don't offer the Golf with 3dr's and a DSG box.

The .co.uk site doesn't list one either, until the GTD, GTI and R models.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

EPM wrote: »
    Seriously OP, you need to pick a day and travel around to a few garages and actually try out the cars and see what they can come up with that is suitable;)

Total waste of a day - I never go into a garage without knowing exactly what I want. I have had it happen that a VW salesman denies to my face that VW Ireland list a particular model: I had to get a pricelist from the desk and point it out to him.

Think you're right? I must check back with my friend and see where/how he got his car?

Total waste of a day - I never go into a garage without knowing exactly what I want. I have had it happen that a VW salesman denies to my face that VW Ireland list a particular model: I had to get a pricelist from the desk and point it out to him.

Really?? I have a current price list from VW in my possession, and it doesn't show a 3 door DSG version of the Golf??

Plenty of 5 doors, but no 3 door.......?

Not really. This thread has been going on a while and the OP has been looking for suggestions on cars. He needs to try out the various cars to see if they are suitable for his needs with the chair etc and then can narrow his search from there.

The OP has different criteria to most of us when buying a car and a mistake will make it a complete pain to live with.

OP, I wonder would a special order be possible with the Golf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Apologies if im missing something obvious here (haven't gone through the entire thread) but this link
    http://www.volkswagen.ie/ie/en/models/golf/golf_gti_gtd/features_and_colors.supercategory-TabGroup_0001.category-TabGroup_0001_Tab_0001.variation-selmodelvariants-sel1.html

Says;
      Golf GTD 2.0 TDI 170 BHP 3 door DSG - Tax Band C - €34,495
    Expensive but available and i understand the OP can claw back (some of?) the VRT

Not really. This thread has been going on a while and the OP has been looking for suggestions on cars. He needs to try out the various cars to see if they are suitable for his needs with the chair etc and then can narrow his search from there.

The OP has different criteria to most of us when buying a car and a mistake will make it a complete pain to live with.

OP, I wonder would a special order be possible with the Golf?

I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of contacts about this.

EDIT: Check these figures out:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=c0a1a5b2cc&view=att&th=126e70a39b8d3c05&attid=0.2&disp=emb&zw.

According to Ballsbridge Motors, this car can be ordered in a 3 door version.

Can someone "in the know" explain to me why on earth one garage has a VW Golf Trendline 1.2l DSG on sale for 21590, while another garage has the exact same car on sale for 19780????

Is it just me, or does that seem very strange? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on how they're advertising it. What matters to you is how much it will cost you to change. They may be quoting a straight deal price.

Ask what's included in both prices (metallic paint, delivery and related charges etc etc)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Depends on how they're advertising it. What matters to you is how much it will cost you to change. They may be quoting a straight deal price.

Ask what's included in both prices (metallic paint, delivery and related charges etc etc)

http://www.volkswagen.ie/ie/en/models/golf/golf.html - from Park Motors.

http://www.volkswagen.ie/ie/en/models/golf/golf/features_and_colors.supercategory-TabGroup_0001.category-TabGroup_0001_Tab_0001.variation-selmodelvariants-sel0.html - from Ballsbridge Motors.

Now, can someone please explain why there is such a difference in price?

Wrong links;)

Can u supply the correct ones please?

Can u supply the correct ones please?

To cars at garages?
    :confused:
    Those were from the VW site

To cars at garages?
    :confused:
    Those were from the VW site

Those figures were from Park Motors and Ballsbridge Motors.

Those figures were from Park Motors and Ballsbridge Motors.

Right...the links to the cars you are talking about didnt bring you to actual cars, just the VW website. I had a look at park motors site there and cant see a 1.2 tsi

• Advertisement

Right...the links to the cars you are talking about didnt bring you to actual cars, just the VW website. I had a look at park motors site there and cant see a 1.2 tsi

http://www.volkswagen.ie/ie/en/models/golf/golf/features_and_colors.supercategory-TabGroup_0001.category-TabGroup_0001_Tab_0001.variation-selmodelvariants-sel0.html

Second one down. I went into Park Motors' website through the VW Ireland site to get to that.

I"m seeing 19780 for a manual and 21590 for a DSG
    Petrol

* Golf Trendline 1.4 3 door 80 BHP - Tax Band C - € 18,850
    * Golf Trendline 1.4 5 door 80 BHP - Tax Band C - € 19,510
    * Golf Trendline 1.2 TSI 3 door 105 BHP - Tax Band B - € 19,780
    * Golf Trendline 1.2 TSI 5 door 105 BHP - Tax Band B - € 20,400
    * Golf Trendline 1.2 TSI DSG 5 door 105 BHP - Tax Band B - € 21,590

Diesel

* Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI 3 door 90 BHP - Tax Band A - € 20,890
    * Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI 5 door 90 BHP - Tax Band A - € 21,495
    * Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI 3 door 105 BHP - Tax Band A - € 21,540
    * Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI 5 door 105 BHP - Tax Band A - € 22,150
    * Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI DSG 5 door 105 BHP - Tax Band B - € 23,940

Petrol

* Golf Trendline 1.4 3 door 80 BHP - Tax Band C - € 18,850
    * Golf Trendline 1.4 5 door 80 BHP - Tax Band C - € 19,510
    * Golf Trendline 1.2 TSI 3 door 105 BHP - Tax Band B - € 19,780
    * Golf Trendline 1.2 TSI 5 door 105 BHP - Tax Band B - € 20,400
    * Golf Trendline 1.2 TSI DSG 5 door 105 BHP - Tax Band B - € 21,590

Diesel

* Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI 3 door 90 BHP - Tax Band A - € 20,890
    * Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI 5 door 90 BHP - Tax Band A - € 21,495
    * Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI 3 door 105 BHP - Tax Band A - € 21,540
    * Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI 5 door 105 BHP - Tax Band A - € 22,150
    * Golf Trendline 1.6 TDI DSG 5 door 105 BHP - Tax Band B - € 23,940

I would agree with the posters here that say you should viit as many garages as possible - even brands you haven't considered. Ask them what they do in an auto and sit into the cars. You'll drive yourself mental ;) just looking at cars on the net

You're just looking at the VW pricelist!!

Not the same car either

I"m seeing 19780 for a manual and 21590 for a DSG

I would agree with the posters here that say you should viit as many garages as possible - even brands you haven't considered. Ask them what they do in an auto and sit into the cars. You'll drive yourself mental ;) just looking at cars on the net

I don't want to go too far away from where I live for convenience sake.

:D

You're just looking at the VW pricelist!!

Not the same car either

Are you sure?? When I go into the VW website, there is a link on the top of the page titled "Dealers". I then search for the dealer I want through there.:confused:

I don't want to go too far away from where I live for convenience sake.

:D
    Don't you live in Dublin? come on! take a day off and go shopping :D

Are you sure?? When I go into the VW website, there is a link on the top of the page titled "Dealers". I then search for the dealer I want through there.:confused:

When you hit new cars though you are being brought to the same page on the VW website. Click the links - one brings you straight to the price list the other does the same thing when you click trendline.

/bangs head against wall:D

I'd go for a Highline too btw

When you hit new cars though you are being brought to the same page on the VW website. Click the links - one brings you straight to the price list the other does the same thing when you click trendline.

/bangs head against wall:D

I'd go for a Highline too btw

Personally, I'd go for the Trendline...I'm only interested in the basic, bog standard Golf, as I don't do a huge amount of mileage.

and it has to have 3 doors.

3 door autos are a bit of a limited market.

Golf GT DSG TSI at €25425 would hold its money very well.
    would be sought after in 2 years due to its low motor tax rate under the current system.

I think I'm gonna go for something like this in the summer!?

• Advertisement

unfortunately that post is a year old and that refers to the old Mk5 Golf which is gone now :(

Advertisement