Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

im shore some of the kerry/cork lads might make the trip if we know when things are happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Gatling wrote: »
    oh on a serious note ,if anyone finds a toe or a foreskin please contact the above poster ,

some how lost both :D:D:D:D:D

bawhahahhaha...gatling...sweet jesus...LOL!!!!! i dont even want to think what could have happened......hahahahahaha

as for the trip to gtac, most excellent idea hivemind.......count me in....

i want to play a game of 'lost patrol' in the forest.....which lets be honest would not be difficult...LOL

other games that would work are rescue the pilots, hunt the sniper....and i am definitely going to give added focus to the homemade claymores again...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

100_0402.jpg

OMG, who is the 8 foot tall guy at the back right? I'm not shooting him...I'd be too scared that he's squish me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Yeah the tallest, and the smallest on the same team, I take it the little fella is one of the TDK team sons? Father and Son teams, awesome!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

just to clarify an earlier post ,

the missing body parts belong to Hivemind 187

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

100_0402.jpg

OMG, who is the 8 foot tall guy at the back right? I'm not shooting him...I'd be too scared that he's squish me!

he's on a chair :D

just to clarify an earlier post ,

the missing body parts belong to Hivemind 187

Hivemind is missing his foreskin and a toenail?......I'd be more worried about the first one.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

apparently its a full toe he is missing , as for the other part he lost qusetions have to be raised as to how and why

apparently its a full toe he is missing , as for the other part he lost qusetions have to be raised as to how and why

Yeah cos they sure come in handy sometimes, I'm talking of course about his toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

iceage wrote: »
    Hivemind is missing his foreskin and a toenail?......I'd be more worried about the first one.......:eek:

Hehe yep he ripped his trousers and got brambled in the bees hive:p

• Advertisement

Evolute wrote: »
    Hehe yep he ripped his trousers and got brambled in the bees hive:p

Ooooooh, eyes watering, legs crossing!!!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

He's very unlucky, I've only lost part of my AEG - Martin, a sorry-faced email on it's way shortly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

iceage wrote: »
    Yeah cos they sure come in handy sometimes, I'm talking of course about his toe.

Hivemind Light, now with 10% less stomping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

what ya loose kev? i lost my stock off the G36 but after bout half and hour of back tracking i found it., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

vtec wrote: »
    what ya loose kev? i lost my stock off the G36 but after bout half and hour of back tracking i found it., :D

... Some of us werent so lucky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

vtec wrote: »

I lost the foregrip pin! And I know exactly where it is too, which is what's more embarrassing. I'm 99% sure I forgot to put it back in when I swapped batteries beside the chrono station... So I even know where it is to within 20cm :(

Man, I should spec it up and get a few spares machined... Does anyone have access to machining equipment? Off to the troubleshooting thread with me, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, that was easily the best weekend ever.

So many thanks to dish out, I don't know where to begin.
    Thanks to Simon at IAS for letting me borrow his P90 mags, I would have been ****ed without them. Thanks to Defenderdude for bringing extra goggles for me, I would have been ****ed without them too!
    Thanks to Kevteljeur for the lift, to Motosam for letting me try out an M9 and the infinite repository of chairsoft knowledge.
    Thanks ofcourse to Mr & Mrs Maxforce for staging the event and making some great burgers.
    And thanks to the whole airsoft community, I have never met such a welcoming group of people. Shine on you crazy diamonds.

My most memorable moments were getting hockied out of it by TDK, trying to capture half a manequin with Snipersight, & hunt the sniper with the IAS lads even though we didn't see any action, but it was fun.

Great times.

P.S. I have lots of pictures and they will follow soon, I just have to filter out the pictures of me posing with other peoples equipment first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

I'd definately be up for heading up monthly/bi-monthly whatever! Be coming from Donegal during the summer though. Definately need to get my tactics up to an acceptable level, anywhere near TDK and I'd be laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

trying to capture half a manequin with Snipersight,

Ha, yeah... I lost my balance 2 feet from our zone doing criss-cross runs to get the manequin back, landed on the manequin and winded myself something fierce!!! But I got it back in the end.
    Good times.

Cant wait to see yours and of course everyone elses pics and vids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

those were some great games, the best was on sunday morning with the capture the flag game, the driving force in that game was the 2 small flanker teams sent either side if the main lane, major PWNage on the other team, :D(i hate tinternet speakage:rolleyes:)

• Advertisement

I can't wait to see Frostys helmet cam footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Well it would appear the thumb is not mightier then the sword, becaus once again we have worn it out.:D But a big thanks to ye all for the kind words. It is appreciated.

Here are a few pics from my camera. I am having problems uploading them to G-TAC.eu but as soon as figure out what is wrong, I will transfere them over.
    For the moment the rest of the pics are located Here
    All the best,
    Martin.
    Edit. AGHH dont know why the photos wouldnt work but they are all on the picsaweb link anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭biboyTDK

In behalf of the Team Dark Knights ( TDK ) we would like to thank everybody who participated in "THE GATHERING". To The Organizers, Martin & Evelyn, Andrea, Marshalls, Photographers, Players, Teams etc. Thank you all!!! We really enjoy the event. We have Learned a lot of things from everybody. More power to the Airsoft Community. Thanks Again.;)

biboyTDK

TheGathering049.jpg
    TheGathering048.jpg
    TheGathering047.jpg
    TheGathering046.jpg
    TheGathering045.jpg
    TheGathering044.jpg
    This one I love...I was trying to take a picture of TDK pushing us back but I fell down and got this picture instead....
    TheGathering043.jpg
    TheGathering042.jpg
    TheGathering041.jpg
    TheGathering040.jpg
    TheGathering039.jpg
    TheGathering038.jpg
    Do pay attention 007....
    TheGathering037.jpg
    TheGathering036.jpg
    TheGathering034.jpg

TheGathering033.jpg
    TheGathering032.jpg
    TheGathering031.jpg
    TheGathering030.jpg
    TheGathering029.jpg
    TheGathering027.jpg
    TheGathering026.jpg
    TheGathering025.jpg
    TheGathering024.jpg
    TheGathering023.jpg
    TheGathering022.jpg
    TheGathering018.jpg
    TheGathering017.jpg
    TheGathering016.jpg
    TheGathering015.jpg

TheGathering014.jpg
    TheGathering013.jpg
    TheGathering011.jpg
    TheGathering009.jpg
    TheGathering007.jpg
    TheGathering006.jpg
    TheGathering005.jpg
    TheGathering004.jpg
    TheGathering003.jpg
    TheGathering002.jpg
    TheGathering051.jpg
    TheGathering056.jpg
    TheGathering053.jpg

P.S. I see these are awful big, but I don't know how to make them smaller yet. If anyone could tell me how I would be happy to fix them.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Great collection of pics! well done!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

senordingdong brilliant pictures :) As I asked earlier can I copy the pics with me in them please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

TheGathering009.jpg

Ahhhh theres me centre shot, the look on my face is one of confusion and being p*ssed off, because my gun originally chronoed hot, despite having no internal work done and previously chrnoing at .85J, bit of tinkering sorted it;)

• Advertisement

As someone else said Gandalf, I didn't take them so that I could look them away somewhere.
    Take what you want.

Actually, on that note, everyone do me a favour and identify yourselves in these pictures.
    I know I got a few names and handshakes but there were so many people there...

Advertisement