Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 amber631

iceage wrote: »
    Give Martin a bell, his No. is above.

don't want to disturb him with such a stupid question :rolleyes:

200% sure someone here know it,

and
    thanks to Killinator ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Best weekend ever! Thoroughly enjoyed it despite coming down hungover! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Evolute wrote: »
    Dont worry I have a camera and I will be snappin plenty so dont worry you may aswell be going:D:D:D

I retract that statement:p I got a little too drunk last night and didnt even want to look at the camera for fear of seeing photos from last night:p
    Zero your not home already are ya?

To be fair a lot of what happened last night shouldn't be brought up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well i was there saturday and i have to say what a great great site. the weather was excellent, sunny and warm. Gtac has a really great cqb site and an even better forest off to the side. really excellent games yesterday and last night. its just on 2 hours drive for me and i will definitely be revisiting.

the cqb site is very intense with a mixture of vans and scattered throughout is shoulder high half metre thick insulation foam (sorry cant remember the name, the white stuff everything is packed in). the effect of that is when someone opens up on full auto and you are hiding behind it, you never ever want to raise your head, the sound is friggen horrific! LOL...excellent material for airsoft, not so for underpants....!! :D

the forest is really excellent. the forest floor is coated with dead branches which means sneaking though it is a very slow and meticulous with low bushes for cover. (note to self...multicam works). great pathways through it. ideal sniper territory, great for the claymores and was annoyed i didnt bring mine. time to revisit trip mines me thinks...

Many thanks to Martin and Evelyn for a really well organised event. I am keeping my nametag.... :D for our first event, you get my top marks and bravo on the site...way impressed.

great to see the turnout as well...

some questions

where did all the fecken p90's appear from...looked like stargate out there.

whoever the git was that shot me in the crotch in full auto....thanks i am hoping my voice will drop an octave or 2 in the next day or so. ;)

i found one metal mp5 mag (left it with martin)

• Advertisement

Evolute wrote: »
    I retract that statement:p I got a little too drunk last night and didnt even want to look at the camera for fear of seeing photos from last night:p
    Zero your not home already are ya?

Yeah myself and Aiden went home around 3, was absolutley wrecked after last night

where did all the fecken p90's appear from...looked like stargate out there.
    P90 FTW :p

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Befor we slink off to get a good nights sleep, I want to say thank you to everyone who came to the first All Ireland Airsoft Event "The Gathering". Ye go down in history and as is said a lot, ye are what make a site.

We want to say a big thinks to every one who gave a hand when it was needed. It was relay appreciated and without those little dig-outs every now and again, it might not have gone so well.

Thank you to the IAA Committee members, for the help they gave.

Its a pity all the lads were not around to get the group photograph at the end.

We are really delighted ye had a good time. I will post our pics very soon.
    All The Best,
    Martin and Evelyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I have to say it was a great weekend, love those large woodland games.

congrats go to the maxforce's for managing the whole weekend, and they deserve a huge thanks

But on another darker note we need to look at what our so-called responsible representatives,who were far from responsible and even further from representing the game as a safe and friendly sport .

What happened after the games finished for the night should have never happened but they did and these people need to own up, Im saying this to help the sport and its not to go out of my way to annoy anybody, but the fact what happened was lead by members of the iaa committee, and they need to ask themselves some serious questions.

I know im not the only one who thinks , buts that enough said for now

Once again, thanks for the great weekend, it was super

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

Great day,
    once again thanks mr & mrs M,
    that was how forest games should be:)

and thanks to team TDK for leaving bits of me in the forest when they opened up on me:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

I have to say it was a great weekend, love those large woodland games.

congrats go to the maxforce's for managing the whole weekend, and they deserve a huge thanks

But on another darker note we need to look at what our so-called responsible representatives,who were far from responsible and even further from representing the game as a safe and friendly sport .

What happened after the games finished for the night should have never happened but they did and these people need to own up, Im saying this to help the sport and its not to go out of my way to annoy anybody, but the fact what happened was lead by members of the iaa committee, and they need to ask themselves some serious questions.

I know im not the only one who thinks , buts that enough said for now

Once again, thanks for the great weekend, it was super
    Absolutely agreed, gtac is the best site ive been to and we all had a fantastic time to which i would like to express my gratitude to martin and evylin but what went on was well out of order

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Good fun! I only found out I'd be able to go for definite on Friday afternoon so I was scrambling to get stuff sorted. My SCAR bedded in (i.e. the spring power dropped) so I was able to use it in-game today (Sunday) and I must say it is a joy to use.

The night game was chaos ... not sure if I hit anything but I don't particularly care. It was a laugh. Mind you there was a moment where a BB travelled the length of my M15A4 barrel and zipped past my ear. Ducking was order of the night after that.

I didn't get to see enough of the woodland, but it's a challenge to play in :)

Thanks one and all, and especially to the Martin, Evelyn, and the G-TAC crew for organising and running the event. I'd also like to thank kev on behalf of my SCAR for becoming its first confirmed kill ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Excellent venue and the organisation was good. A big thank you to Maxforce and Mrs Maxforce for a great weekend.

I really enjoyed my first skirmish experience in the forest, some pretty intense games in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭JohnReisman

Just home. I am in a sitting position. Why you ask!?! Because I can just about manage it. OMG, what a weekend.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Apart from some regretable examples of immature behavior (for which I feel G-Tac and all airsofters deserve an apology) the weekend was entirely positive. Weather, site, facilities, gaming, safety and craic. 10 out of 10. A massive thanks goes to all at G-tac, this first all Ireland would not have been what it was without your efforts.

I really liked the forest. And the burger which was kept for me. I ate it 90 minutes after cooking. It was cold. But it was better than some burgers I have eaten in Dublin warm. The general camping experience was excellent. Which is mainly thanks to Glenn of the Contractors. And I cant believe I am sitting here with after-sun on me in April. I'll sleep soundly tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Once again my thanks to the Maxforces for yet another great day at G-TAC. I didnt think the CQB area could get much better after my last visit...... but I was pleasantly surprised.:)
    Great games, great food(as usual), great weather and best of all great people.

Oh and to team TDK, my fingernails are nicely sore after trying to crawl as low as possible when ye all opened up on me!! The horror, THE HORROR!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

G-TAC, WOO!

I said Id post that ;)

Absolutely fantastic site, the woodland is purest joy, ah the amount of kills I got, I may actually not suck anymore :D

And thanks to Dr.P who pulled me out of the bog before I was swallowed up completely, I was up to my waist! :eek:

And apologies to all those that me, him, dar and richie flanked and slaughtered. ;)

Best scirmish ever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

from the cork lads , martin and the gang - my hats of to ye,fantastic day ye run a superb show.
    One of the best airsoft experiences i've had. well done.

To the philipeno (sorry for the spelling) guys - thank you for showing us whats possible, outstanding - ye are so far ahead of us (cork guys anyway).Something to behold and aim for.

Thanks to the dublin lads , would love to see you guys in CTG someday soon.

Sorry. did I just hear someone say Gathering 2???

Or just to be dramatic, Gathering II???

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Whhooooaa!! come on guys, spill, any pics??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

GREAT weekend thanks to all involved!! \o/

Dont forget what happens in galway stays in galway :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Firstly, the PTP would like to thank The Marshals, The Players, The IAA and most importantly Martin and Evelyn for a great weekend. We Loved it. The site is MASSIVE, most probably bigger than Predator CG, but very little open space. Its like being in a frickin jungle![On that note most people got lost at one stage or another:p]

On a very positive note, I'm glad to say that about half the "combatants" were I beleive Philipino(They're very into their Airsoft, I'm jealous of their gear :P) and its a tribute to the sport how everyone got on so well. BTW, anyone know their team name?

To Connor, I apologise again, you were much closer than I thought.

On the point of video footage. That'll be a few days. Unfortunately I only got a bit but if glen is willing to share he shot some more. Also, there was mention of a guncam somewhere??? If anyone took any pics if you could send me a copy to add in I would be most gratefull and will name you in the credits if so wished.

Great games all, see you all next year(hint hint:P).

Simon and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

They are team TDK or Team Dark Nights, and I think now everyone knows they are on a different level.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

Good event , i m happy that was there,Thanks all for good time!!!! Just only one minus - to long breaks :) Thanks Martin and all his crew to provide service for us withaut them we onli dangereus armed kids :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I cannot wait to see the pics/video of this event. Sounds like everyone had mighty craic. Makes me even more pi**ed off that I missed it.

Ah well, theres always the next one.

Em can you please elaborate by pm please?

Thanks to everyone at GTAC for a Brilliant weekend I can guarantee that going down will be a regular occurence

I know its not my place but I feel it must be said. Evolute, please get back on topic.

This is the thread about the Gathering, not the kicking off point for the next embarrassing airsoft bickering session. I dont want a weekend I enjoyed so much tarnished by where the thread is now headed.

I know its not my place but I feel it must be said. Evolute, please get back on topic.

This is the thread about the Gathering, not the kicking off point for the next embarrassing airsoft bickering session. I dont want a weekend I enjoyed so much tarnished by where the thread is now headed.

Yeh thats fine man post has been edited didnt think before I typed brain still hasnt gone back to full power since last night

Hey man, I know what you mean. I'm still in that sitting position I mentioned in my prior post. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well i wound up on my own in the forest at one stage...christ i could hear the gnats breathing it was that quiet....man thats freaky and every step you take breaks a branch which sounds like a friggen thunderstorm...you know u are in deep crap when your breathing in the mask is too loud.....and then you hear in the distance a thump thump thump of an aeg....christ it could be 10 metres or 50....not even too sure they were near...waitied about 5 minutes...goggles fogged...which way to panic??? cursed i was wearing acu...fuk me may as well have had a friggen neon sign....and not a sofo to be seen so i could hide...i would not mind but then i walked back to our base to realise the friggen forest was alive with people i had not seen...defenderdude does not realise how close i came to letting rip....it was only when he turned i realised he was on our side...that would have been embarassing...

nothing scarier then when you think you have a good position and you see a stream of bb's coming....thank god for full auto....i think i fired a full hi cap in the same direction...and all i hit was leaves....

my worst one was coming out on the road...to come across 5 guys standing...jesus we all reacted the same...oh my side...hold on...no fecken arm band....and what happened when i fired full auto...fecken dead battery christ i ran so fast i even suprised myself...yes dead batteries were the order of this game...i think i fired 2000 rounds defending our base in the first game of the night....

first time in a game i actually used all my pistol mags and actually considered sitting there and reloading bb by bb...

sharing bb's with your team mate who fired everything they had....and then looking at your reloading bottle and cursing you didnt hawk around another bag of them...sharing your pistol as we were in such deep **** defending anything would help...even 15 rounds from a pistol...

the look of glee of gandalf when he said he had a confirmed pistol kill..LOL

ladies and gentlemen....this is airsoft....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

Well heres a few pics from today, im sure theres several hundred more:D
    100_0387.jpg
    100_0389.jpg
    100_0390.jpg
    100_0391.jpg
    100_0393.jpg
    100_0394.jpg
    100_0395.jpg
    100_0396.jpg
    100_0402.jpg