Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Dude, I would be forever in your debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

All those people, it sounds good, il can be down early in the day so if ye want a hand with anything il be willing to help. Can't wait now, its so close now

BTW I remember that i left a full bottle of bb's down the back of the gorse area so if you have come across it (wink wink)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Dude, I would be forever in your debt.

I'll bring them with me - have a look, and if you're happy; no problemo.:)

Just ask Martin if you need to find me. I should be down about 3 to 3:30 on saturday. See you there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just ask Martin if you need to find me. I should be down about 3 to 3:30 on saturday. See you there!:)

Yeah man, defo.

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Hi Martin and Evelyn,

Firstly, any specific instructions on parking for us and sean's family? You said you had a space seperate for us?

Also, dunno how many young guns are going but sean and I were thinking if we're down early that maybe we could have a couple of YG games as some the others are bound to be late/lost.

Thirdly, a reminder:

Anyone with a camera or camcorder, BRING IT! The more footage the better. Bring the cables too, then I can rip any files(with your permission of course) and do up one big montage for youtube. Gizmo, dont forget your camera:D And anybody with headcams, bring 'em, they're pure gold for video.

Oh, Richie, whats the deal with the little shoot planned?

Cheers
    Simon and Co.

Hi Simon,
    I think there is a total of 5 CV's planned for arrival. Ye can setup in the carparking area and if it gets to crowded up there for ye we will see abou moving ye down near the camping area.

Some of the lads have already asked about a few "Get in the mood sessions". No probs. But just make sure ye are regestered and chroned prior to starting any games.

All the best,
    Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Martin, scope is leaving a drum mag in for me tomorrow, so I'll grab that off you on saturday.

Thanks,

Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'll bring my video camera, it's a piece of crap mind you but still you might be able to use some stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I think the single biggest threat to Irish airsoft retailers is sales of your used gear - not that I'm complaining! ;)

Motosam wrote: »
    Martin, scope is leaving a drum mag in for me tomorrow, so I'll grab that off you on saturday.

Thanks,

Sam.

Have it for you. No problemo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I think the single biggest threat to Irish airsoft retailers is sales of your used gear - not that I'm complaining! ;)

:D:D:D

only problem is it hasnt actually been used :)

Just buy too much (gets another earfull from better half):mad::o

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MaxForce wrote: »
    Hi Simon,
    I think there is a total of 5 CV's planned for arrival. Ye can setup in the carparking area and if it gets to crowded up there for ye we will see abou moving ye down near the camping area.

Some of the lads have already asked about a few "Get in the mood sessions". No probs. But just make sure ye are regestered and chroned prior to starting any games.

All the best,
    Martin.

Cheers.

Doesnt matter if the video is bad quality, it will be primarily for youtube.

Thanks
    Simon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Gatling wrote: »
    it save some forehead welts ,

LOL, if I am dug up in a couple of hundred years, they will be wondering about the little indentations in my skull are from.

They are healing up nicley though, thanks for that.

Ha ha, I got my camo pop tent, jesus though, its fiddly to cram back into up-popped form.

Oh well,

I cannot wait for this, I got the mosfet into the rpk too :D

Ooh 2 more days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

You backstard i wanted a camo one :( lol Ah they aren't too bad to pack up, you just gotta give it some gentle persuasion lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

couldnt get my camera attached to my vest, so will just have to try to get my usual 'war' shots:)

Hi All,
    I have been contacted by the IAA in relation to the use of Lasers at The Gathering.

As it stands and under the CJA they are illegal and as such will not be allowed to be used at The Gathering. Believe me when I say I am as disappointed as you and I don't want to seem as a spoil sport but there maybe interest in this event by the local Garda stations and because of that I have to agree with the IAA on this.

Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

as much as id love one i cannot get one because the law has been confirmed by nobody as of yet, until i see the IAA saying its ok to use lasers ill get one and im glad martin is doing the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

MaxForce wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have been contacted by the IAA in relation to the use of Lasers at The Gathering.

As it stands and under the CJA they are illegal and as such will not be allowed to be used at The Gathering. Believe me when I say I am as disappointed as you and I don't want to seem as a spoil sport but there maybe interest in this event by the local Garda stations and because of that I have to agree with the IAA on this.

Martin.

i was gonna pm you about this max ; good call

Edit: Sorry, just saw the bellow locked threads, I thought this was the only mention of it.

I wont discuss it further publicly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I will be down with IAA membership forms for those who want em.
    Please bring along your Photo ID and copy of it.

Regards,
    Conor Scolard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Vintz

Back on topic time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

burp

I fcuked up, lets not drag this thread down lads.

After the gathering we can talk about this, I feel partly responsible as I posted above about them, but I hadn't seen the locked threads.

Who's with me? Leave this thread to the gathering, and wait 'til afterwards to discuss the lasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    I will be down with IAA membership forms for those who want em.
    Please bring along your Photo ID and copy of it.

Regards,
    Conor Scolard

Ill have a small photocopier/printer with me that I'll be able to make copies on, provided it's ok with Martin and Evelyn and can get power to it.

I have 100 forms in the boot ready for the weekend, unfortunately I can not make it :(

Just in the process of setting up a new new, with multiple arena spread out over 50 acres :eek: in West Cork so need to tattle this over the weekend and get this up and running ASAP! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Thought I'd have a go g-ing people up for tomorrow:

IRENE!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9yOEOJ1BARk

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

the actual videos of the airsoft irene gathering loko great fun :)

:D IRENE! :D

Happy hunting on the weekend lads..

"Get some..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

"Now G-TAC is the Wild West, There WILL be shooting...
    But be careful what you shoot at, because people do live there..
    Whooaaa!!!!"

-Cournel McKnight, U.S ARMY RANGERS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ok, looks like I'm free this weekend so .... anyone got a free space in a car for me plus AEG and camping gear from Dublin?

Advertisement