Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Wahey i'm in two of those :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That was the and i mean by a long way ,the best weekend of Airsoft in this country,

Martin and Evelyn superb hosts ,

Marshals-great job done by all ,not an easy task considering the little country you's had to watch over,

any one that turned out showed a perfect example of how it should be done ,
    im proud to say i was there ,

i now ache all over ,froze ,got sunburned,

When can i move in guys

Awesome site ,loved it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I know its not my place but I feel it must be said. Evolute, please get back on topic.

This is the thread about the Gathering, not the kicking off point for the next embarrassing airsoft bickering session. I dont want a weekend I enjoyed so much tarnished by where the thread is now headed.

Agreed if something happened then maybe start a new thread on the IAA forums to query their actions would be the best way forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Abu_Pablo

Great day with Airsoft in IE. In behalf of my operatives in Navan. We would like to acknowledged those people behind The Gathering. Brilliant game. More power Martin and Evelyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

well i wound up on my own in the forest at one stage...christ i could hear the gnats breathing it was that quiet....man thats freaky and every step you take breaks a branch which sounds like a friggen thunderstorm...you know u are in deep crap when your breathing in the mask is too loud.....and then you hear in the distance a thump thump thump of an aeg....christ it could be 10 metres or 50....not even too sure they were near...waitied about 5 minutes...goggles fogged...which way to panic??? cursed i was wearing acu...fuk me may as well have had a friggen neon sign....and not a sofo to be seen so i could hide...i would not mind but then i walked back to our base to realise the friggen forest was alive with people i had not seen...defenderdude does not realise how close i came to letting rip....it was only when he turned i realised he was on our side...that would have been embarassing...

nothing scarier then when you think you have a good position and you see a stream of bb's coming....thank god for full auto....i think i fired a full hi cap in the same direction...and all i hit was leaves....

my worst one was coming out on the road...to come across 5 guys standing...jesus we all reacted the same...oh my side...hold on...no fecken arm band....and what happened when i fired full auto...fecken dead battery christ i ran so fast i even suprised myself...yes dead batteries were the order of this game...i think i fired 2000 rounds defending our base in the first game of the night....

first time in a game i actually used all my pistol mags and actually considered sitting there and reloading bb by bb...

sharing bb's with your team mate who fired everything they had....and then looking at your reloading bottle and cursing you didnt hawk around another bag of them...sharing your pistol as we were in such deep **** defending anything would help...even 15 rounds from a pistol...

the look of glee of gandalf when he said he had a confirmed pistol kill..LOL

ladies and gentlemen....this is airsoft....
    I think u will a great Irich writer respeckt !!!!My english poor but i can feel soul of message :) good !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Hey man, I know what you mean. I'm still in that sitting position I mentioned in my prior post. :D
    gandalf wrote: »
    Agreed if something happened then maybe start a new thread on the IAA forums to query their actions would be the best way forward.

Just did, cos we weren't there sniff, sniff, and we got to know.:p

Jeez guys, by the looks of those pics, you were blessed with the weather, georgous looking day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Gyle

what can i say? GTAC is amazing and big really big, i had to haul three big aegs half way across it in the wrong direction?:confused:.Martin and the team hugh thanks a million from me and The Contractors. Best airsoft experience yet :D great food i think all sites should have a George forman grill set up;), To all gamers thanks for some great gaming and the most honourable hit taking i have ever seen .Now that's true airsoft:D.To the TDK wow:eek:thanks for the education:o. i got some killer footage but couldn't follow their comm's. now i eat BB's but that mini killer scares the sh*t out of me. If its 5 foot and pointing a AEG at you find another way or surrender:eek:. lethal the gun cam worked out brilliant I'll pass it all on, PM me and we can get it uploaded and over to martin at GTAC asap.
    Thanks again all
    Gyle:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Killerlep

Oh yeah the atmosphere was perfect! it felt soo intense and we had to use soo many different tactics to be effective and teamwork was a must! to be honest I didnt really engage many people during the games because we always took the sneaky approach but I still loved every bit of it!
    Martin and Evelyn organised one hell of a weekend! Superb job
    The Marshals did an excellent job at keeping things fair and in order over a very large area
    Everybody who showed up played excellently and were very friendly, helpful and played fairly
    Thanks to Lethal for the AUG, Radio and shotty without them I would have been sitting around the camp area all day.
    soo all in all F***ING BEST WEEKEND EVER! on behalf of myself and The Jackals THANKS A LOT GUYS! xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Firstly let me thank the Hosts of this truly amazing event.
    Martin and Evelyn i have a blue peter badge with your name on it.
    Secondly to all the players, marshals and food without whom/which it would have fallen apart out there.

Love the site, some seriously amazing terrain and against all odds the weather was superb!
    Even the €40 lidl tent held up just fine although i was absolutley frozen :p

Heres to a great weekend, site and torn BDU's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

This is going to read like an Oscars acceptance speech, but what the hell. Mr and Mrs Maxforce, two thumbs up and thanks a million for a great weekend - well-organised, great fun, and I'll be back again! I was one of the people caught out in the atmospheric FPS crisis and apologies for being somewhat surly later on Saturday evening and Sunday morning; all down to me looking at playing all weekend with borrowed equipment, but glad we got sorted!

Thanks to Cheeky Monkey for the lend of an AEG, to Defenderdude for getting me back into the game on Sunday, to Dr Pepper and Vtec for the technical back-up, and Motosam and Senordingdong for being good company on the way down and back. And everyone else for being good sports and great company!

I was that last guy, in the last game by the way, and the eejit with the tent 2 miles from everyone else :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I was that last guy, in the last game by the way,

And i am the one who shot you like a deer!
    and the eejit with the tent 2 miles from everyone else :D
    if by eejit you mean smart person who actually got sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Here Killinator any chance I can nick one of those piccies for my facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

sure go ahead, i didnt take them to throw them in a lockbox, take whatever ones you want

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

theres nothing i can say that hasnt already been said,
    but anyway, to Mr and Mrs Maxforce and all of the marshals, the land owner(he was sound)., a Big thanks for what has been my best game ever so far, the site is amazing, i lost the stock from my G36 and spent about half an hour trying to figure which way i had come so i could find the thing.,lol.,:D
    thanks to keith for the tools and also to Conor for shipping myself and neil all the way down there, took one for the team., ;) we had a good road trip and a very interesting photograph came from it too., hahaha :D (TO BE CONTINUED)
    the mention of a monthly trip has been mentioned among some and it would be pretty cool, i'll try my best to commit to that one of and when we work things out.,:)

if i forgot to mention ya, you know who you are.,;)
    See ya's all in the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

well i wound up on my own in the forest at one stage...christ i could hear the gnats breathing it was that quiet....man thats freaky and every step you take breaks a branch which sounds like a friggen thunderstorm...you know u are in deep crap when your breathing in the mask is too loud.....and then you hear in the distance a thump thump thump of an aeg....christ it could be 10 metres or 50....not even too sure they were near...waitied about 5 minutes...goggles fogged...which way to panic??? cursed i was wearing acu...fuk me may as well have had a friggen neon sign....and not a sofo to be seen so i could hide...i would not mind but then i walked back to our base to realise the friggen forest was alive with people i had not seen...defenderdude does not realise how close i came to letting rip....it was only when he turned i realised he was on our side...that would have been embarassing...

nothing scarier then when you think you have a good position and you see a stream of bb's coming....thank god for full auto....i think i fired a full hi cap in the same direction...and all i hit was leaves....

my worst one was coming out on the road...to come across 5 guys standing...jesus we all reacted the same...oh my side...hold on...no fecken arm band....and what happened when i fired full auto...fecken dead battery christ i ran so fast i even suprised myself...yes dead batteries were the order of this game...i think i fired 2000 rounds defending our base in the first game of the night....

first time in a game i actually used all my pistol mags and actually considered sitting there and reloading bb by bb...

sharing bb's with your team mate who fired everything they had....and then looking at your reloading bottle and cursing you didnt hawk around another bag of them...sharing your pistol as we were in such deep **** defending anything would help...even 15 rounds from a pistol...

the look of glee of gandalf when he said he had a confirmed pistol kill..LOL

ladies and gentlemen....this is airsoft....

What... have I... missed?! Was there the expected turn out in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

as i said to max a few weeks ago: wait till they see the site

its an increadible resourse for air soft and i'm glad so many got to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

looks great, sorry I had to miss it, glad to see everyone had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Big thanks to the Maxforces, marshalls, land owners and everyone who turned up. I was flabbergasted by the terrain, love a bit of recon me ;)

Great time folks, thanks a mil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

indeed, what a fantastic site

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Oh yeah, I met weeder :D

And thanks to scope who gave me the drum mag that allowed me to use nearly 6000 .25s :D

How much do they cost actually.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

Cant say much more than what has been said already, but i have to admit, with no exaggeration that it was one of the best weekends of my life. Such fun, great games, and great to meet the rest of the community. Very well organised and Martin, Evelyn, Pat, Andrea and all the others who organised/marshalled the event were fantastic. Even had a little questions and answers session with Pat about a sheep branding iron and a turf cutting spade blade! random!

Thanks a million guys :D:D:D

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

So did somebody say something about a rumour of the possibility of maybe another Gathering? so whos teasing us with this cracking bit of news??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

hi everyone it seems we have worn out the thankyou thumb so to everyone thanks for all your positive comment it was all of you who made it possible this is the way to put airsoft in ireland forward.special thanks to mr .pat madden landowner to andrea flood marshall and knifefighter for marshalling as well regards martin and evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'm up for bi-monthly if I can get a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

after chatting with my team mates and Dar I'm looking into setting up a monthly trip thing.

Martin, I'll give you a bell about it in the near future - just love that woodland (well, most of me does ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

oh on a serious note ,if anyone finds a toe or a foreskin please contact the above poster ,

some how lost both :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Gatling wrote: »
    oh on a serious note ,if anyone finds a toe or a foreskin please contact the above poster ,

some how lost both :D:D:D:D:D

OUCH!!!!!:eek:

What in the name of the great googamooga were you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

First time going to G-Tac and it was brilliant.Thanks to Martin and Evelyn.
    The grub was also great and really hit the spot.Team TDK were unreal.
    Also thanks to one of the members of it who returned one of my A.W.O.L.
    mags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Gatling wrote: »

If i find them ill post it up, but i aint touching them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

after chatting with my team mates and Dar I'm looking into setting up a monthly trip thing.

Martin, I'll give you a bell about it in the near future - just love that woodland (well, most of me does ;) )

I'm thinking the same thing (more bi-monthly though). And if you make enough noise about it when you plan it (and I have every reason to believe you certainly will ;) ) then I might be there on that same weekend. Purely by co-incidence of course.

Advertisement