Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It seems the Pig may have moved on to Cork with the money still in and the only beneficiary from Carlow was the most undeserving person in Carlow.

Any money not taken out moves onto the next town.

Sorry I’m not from Carlow but this came up on my feed.

That is absolutely scandalous if true.

Did ppl think they were contributing to local causes ?

What a scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well it seems the Pig itself was more transparent than the Carlow Arts Festival committee about how it works.

I know I donated expecting the money to be used for local good causes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

It came from Hull or Norwich WITH money in its belly which was odd; much sterling coins were spotted at Fairgreen last Wednesday.

Not something that can be easily exchanged I think?

Notes (Sterling) can be lodged maybe but not coins I think?

Would've thought the scope for Kaleider (geddit!) would've been an empty belly from beginning of each festival or, at best, a minimum float?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

So this morning that guy who got the money from the PIG asked me had I any spare change which I didn't. I asked him did he not get money from the PIG the other day and he said he did but it was only €100 and that there were a few warrants out for his arrest and that he was in Court today and needed €50 to bring with him. I didn't believe a word of it but it seems the money didn't last him very long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Yer wan is up in court tomorrow for breaking the In Camera rule again - she thinks she'll be jailed for a few months now. This time she brought a voice recorder into a meeting with social workers and posted it up on Facebook. She's also naming the foster parents and making serious allegations against them. Today she's going nuts because the social workers won't answer the phone to her. Does she not remember posting a secret recording of them just 48 hours ago lol?

This all seems to have escalated after her Late Late appearance. I guess her aim was to go on TV and show Tusla how she's learned from her mistakes. I guess they were a little skeptical.

I don't know how being in Jail will impact her vexatious legal case against Tusla, using her freeman-of-the-land defense. Apparently we don't have to pay tax or heed laws because we're under free state admiralty law, not the original 1919 constitution.

A cunning strategy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Yer wan is up in court tomorrow for breaking the In Camera rule again - she thinks she'll be jailed for a few months now. This time she brought a voice recorder into a meeting with social workers and posted it up on Facebook. She's also naming the foster parents and making serious allegations against them. Today she's going nuts because the social workers won't answer the phone to her. Does she not remember posting a secret recording of them just 48 hours ago lol?

This all seems to have escalated after her Late Late appearance. I guess her aim was to go on TV and show Tusla how she's learned from her mistakes. I guess they were a little skeptical.

I don't know how being in Jail will impact her vexatious legal case against Tusla, using her freeman-of-the-land defense. Apparently we don't have to pay tax or heed laws because we're under free state admiralty law, not the original 1919 constitution.

A cunning strategy...

Is this the ex junkie that had her child taken away and now wants him back?

She sounds like a right cupid stunt.

That It's about Carlow Facebook page has a lot of blame to take on this...

The owner of that page has given her a platform outside her whole friends and family that has emboldened her in the wrong way.

If she does end up in jail the owner of that page better have a good look at themselves and their involvement in promoting a woman who clearly has issues that do not and should not be aired on a public Facebook page supposedly there promoting Carlow town.

Well he's a bit of a Holy Joe, which is odd enough in itself these days. Another bunch of Holy Joe's (an ultra conservative Catholic family rights group) intervened in the Roscommon House of Horror case, which prolonged the abuse going on in that household.

Fortunately yer wan can't go running to them for financial or legal help to frustrate social workers, so she's fallen back on another crack pot sovereign citizen type, who by her own admission on youtube has had three kids taken into care!

Social Media really brings the crackpots together.

So does Jail...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Identifying or attempting to identify other users is an automatic ban. Bye bye bobcratchtit

CD and Record Fair is on today (16th) 11am-5pm in the Seven Oaks.

https://www.soundzpromising.com/2019-dates.html#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

Anybody know what the story is with the lad that's constantly begging outside Woodies? He's there nearly every time I pop in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Anybody here recommend a painter in the Tullow rathvilly area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

sonic85 wrote: »
    Anybody know what the story is with the lad that's constantly begging outside Woodies? He's there nearly every time I pop in

There seems to be two of them that swap over at lunch time every day and go to other places.

I'm not sure if this is the actual proposed design for Walshes Yard, but it looks cool !

https://www.archdaily.com/919610/urban-agency-designs-a-student-castle-in-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

county council have gone out to tender for ideas for the old bank of ireland building on Dublin Street. What building is that?, it's before my time in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

county council have gone out to tender for ideas for the old bank of ireland building on Dublin Street. What building is that?, it's before my time in the town.

Its right opposite the courthouse on the 7 oaks side.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Anymore news on the 4 Star Pizza debacle?

They could set up shop where cafe Roma was now that it's closed.

9 months jail for yer wan who was harrassing Tusla offices and breaking the in camera rule repeatedly.

The McKenzie friend who put her up to this escalating behaviour has already moved onto his new populist rabble-rousing cause... The beef farmers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

The McKenzie friend who put her up to this escalating behaviour has already moved onto his new populist rabble-rousing cause... The beef farmers!

What is the McKenzie friend. I heard someone in the shop yesterday talking about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

If the beef farmers protests are just populism to some people then its clear why rural ireland is going the way it is. We have an industry that Ireland is a leader in, sustains rural families and communities and its threatened by the EU bringing in Cattle from areas with much lower welfare standards, much higher environmental impact such as the felling of rainforests not to mention hormones in food stuff while the EU itself expects its own producers to both compete with this while at the same time facing much tougher regulation. The beef industry needs respect If we cant see this maybe we deserve a backwater of a rural ireland

• Advertisement

iano.p wrote: »
    What is the McKenzie friend. I heard someone in the shop yesterday talking about it too.

a McKenzie friend is someone who is too stupid or lazy to get a law degree, but thinks they can represent you in court. In this case he tried to re-interpret the meaning of the word 'Publication' to get yer wan off her breach of the in-camera rule.

Something along the lines of: Well your honor, she only named her Son to friends on facebook, therefore his name wasn't published...
    - despite her page being wide open to everyone.

Pure waffle. He was kicked out of the court.

This particular McKenzie friend is up to his neck in the 'yellow vest Ireland' protest group. He's anti-abortion, pro-Irexit and loves Donald Trump. He seems to have lots of time to attend protests for/against Tusla, the farmers, anti-abortion, anti-evication etc.

There's also the yellow-vest Gurrier Granny protesting outside Mountjoy today... she's a piece of work! Batsh*t crazy, anti-vacination, anti-immigration, anti-race mixing, goose-stepping loon that one...

Some Yoke wrote: »
    its threatened by the EU bringing in Cattle from areas with much lower welfare standards, much higher environmental impact such as the felling of rainforests

The quota of South American beef under this deal is tiny. According to the Irish Times it's 1.2% of EU beef production. It's a drop in the ocean. And that beef still gets hit with a 7.5% tariff coming into the EU.

The EU have just negotiated access for our farmers to the Japanese market, at much reduced tariffs as well. Farmers have never had it better under the EU common market. They have the might of the EU knocking down trade barrier all around the world, into which they can now sell their meat.

As the stronger side in this South-American free trade deal, you can be sure that the EU have gotton the better terms.

iano.p wrote: »

A lay person who can give assistance by taking notes and giving advice but cannot provide legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Thanks for the informed reply I hope you are correct. What I have heard is that the terms are better for the EU for other industries such as the export of European Cars and not necessarily agriculture but time will tell I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

much higher environmental impact such as the felling of rainforests

I laugh at the forestry arguement whilst it is a valid one we're only short of turning our own country into one big pasture thanks to farming. The few forests we do have are mainly revenue generating sitka spruce and very little native broad leaf forests remaining or planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

a McKenzie friend is someone who is too stupid or lazy to get a law degree, but thinks they can represent you in court. In this case he tried to re-interpret the meaning of the word 'Publication' to get yer wan off her breach of the in-camera rule.

Something along the lines of: Well your honor, she only named her Son to friends on facebook, therefore his name wasn't published...
    - despite her page being wide open to everyone.

Pure waffle. He was kicked out of the court.

This particular McKenzie friend is up to his neck in the 'yellow vest Ireland' protest group. He's anti-abortion, pro-Irexit and loves Donald Trump. He seems to have lots of time to attend protests for/against Tusla, the farmers, anti-abortion, anti-evication etc.

There's also the yellow-vest Gurrier Granny protesting outside Mountjoy today... she's a piece of work! Batsh*t crazy, anti-vacination, anti-immigration, anti-race mixing, goose-stepping loon that one...

The definition of rent a mob so- welfare is far too high in this country as it affords these bone idle anarchists far too much free time and money to spend causing trouble.
    Your wan was destined for jail with her carry on as it had gone well beyond the realms of a normal protest- there’s just no talking to people like her but the biggest favour anyone could have done was tell her to cop the fcuk on,, sort your own bloody life out and then maybe you might get your poor kid back.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Thanks for the informed reply I hope you are correct. What I have heard is that the terms are better for the EU for other industries such as the export of European Cars and not necessarily agriculture but time will tell I suppose

I would like to insure my car with a Brasilian Company based in Brasil but I am not allowed . Why am I not allowed ??? Because they cannot regulate the insurance industry in Brasil . But they can regulate the meat industry out there . :):):)
    The tonnage of the meat being allowed in will be made up of the higher value cuts so in monetary terms could be a higher % of the market .
    A Brasilian company bought Moypark but it had to sell it because of the worldwide corruption it was involved in .
    This is the same as the cheap cars we were promised when we joined the EU .

Members of our treasured ethnic minority begging around the Aldi car park in Hanover. All the while comrades parked up in a huge RV camper taking up about 5 spaces.
    Signs everywhere warning of clamping yet these crap allowed to go on in broad daylight hassling customers. I can handle it and told them where to go but older less mobile people could be very intimidated.
    The on the beat Garda patrolling needs to be upped significantly in Carlow town centre.

road_high wrote: »
    Members of our treasured ethnic minority begging around the Aldi car park in Hanover. All the while comrades parked up in a huge RV camper taking up about 5 spaces.
    Signs everywhere warning of clamping yet these crap allowed to go on in broad daylight hassling customers. I can handle it and told them where to go but older less mobile people could be very intimidated.
    The on the beat Garda patrolling needs to be upped significantly in Carlow town centre.

My other half was shocked at the aggressive begging in the Din Ri / Haddens car park this afternoon. Junkies I think.

Again tonight, some random woman crossed the road from the same carpark to ask for change outside the Lemongrass.

I thought the bylaws would have put some manners on them.

Perhaps some plainclothes policing is needed to catch and prosecute them.

• Advertisement

My other half was shocked at the aggressive begging in the Din Ri / Haddens car park this afternoon. Junkies I think.

Again tonight, some random woman crossed the road from the same carpark to ask for change outside the Lemongrass.

I thought the bylaws would have put some manners on them.

Perhaps some plainclothes policing is needed to catch and prosecute them.

You’d imagine Aldi security would have moved these leeches on. This one wasn’t a junkie or anything, just another traveler. She was walking around the car park as well so god knows what else she was scouting for- make damn sure to lock your car down town

Advertisement