Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Alliance Current Events Smackfest Megathread.

Options
  • 06-03-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Post all your CAOD type rants/trolls here regarding current events.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Raspberry

There's currently nothing of interest happening in EvE worth mentioning in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

MC wardec PURE, 21mins later 1 corp leaves PURE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

R0ot wrote: »

Epic Lulz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Yeah, they must have seen you in the alliance tourny and shat themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

kyp_durron wrote: »

OMG burn! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

We suck at tourneys.

We really wanted to field either a Battle Badger fleet or a swarm of T1 frigs, but neither is allowed :(

kyp_durron wrote: »

More-Epic lulz

Zillah wrote: »
    We suck at tourneys.

We really wanted to field either a Battle Badger fleet or a swarm of T1 frigs, but neither is allowed :(

Yeah MC are the same, we don't have great luck in tournys. But I couldn't think of a good setup for a tourny match so I dont criticise the ones that do it for our alliance. :D

Glippo wrote: »
    More-Epic lulz
    Wow, talk about using internet catchphrases completely out of context.

Raspberry wrote: »
    Wow, talk about using internet catchphrases completely out of context.

Do explain, oh gooniest of goons

• Advertisement

Do explain, oh gooniest of goons
    The context of what you said was not the context it is usually used in and as a result it has made you look silly. Was that simple enough for you?

Yeah MC are the same, we don't have great luck in tournys. But I couldn't think of a good setup for a tourny match so I dont criticise the ones that do it for our alliance. :D

I thought the Logistics + Stealth Bomber combo was fuckinging awesome! I started spamming the thread on the forums saying we should do that. They did on, I think the third day, and low and behold we get out first win.

Marauders are fucking lol btw.

Also, while we're inter-alliance smacking: Haha Seleene's Mothership was saved by Goons! They gooncannoned to get there, and then caught a MC titan launch back. All the goons involved said they found it sureal.

Using 'Epic lulz' in its applicable context is more of a art then a science. You most take your time and lurk moar :|

The context of what you said was not the context it is usually used in and as a result it has made you look silly. Was that simple enough for you?

lulz = plural of lol, a corp leaving pure as soon as MC dec them is funny, how is it incorrect use??

lulz = plural of lol, a corp leaving pure as soon as MC dec them is funny, how is it incorrect use??
    "lols" is the plural of "lol". "Lulz" is a retardation of the word "lol", used in a very specific context. As Kyp said, there an art to using it, and you are clearly not a master of that art. Go read a couple of pages of ED and learn how to use the catchphrases if you're going to use them at all.

"lols" is the plural of "lol". "Lulz" is a retardation of the word "lol", used in a very specific context. As Kyp said, there an art to using it, and you are clearly not a master of that art. Go read a couple of pages of ED and learn how to use the catchphrases if you're going to use them at all.

Ok, why dont you provide me with an example of the correct use of lulz for future reference.......(sarcasm btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Ok, why dont you provide me with an example of the correct use of lulz for future reference.......(sarcasm btw)

This very accurate Fox News report should clear things up for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNO6G4ApJQY

Maddzy wrote: »
    This very accurate Fox News report should clear things up for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNO6G4ApJQY

Lol that was...em.....interesting......"even bought a dog" lmao.
    Tho i still fail to see how this hacker group or w/e searching for there lulz, means my use of lulz was incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Lol that was...em.....interesting......"even bought a dog" lmao.
    Tho i still fail to see how this hacker group or w/e searching for there lulz, means my use of lulz was incorrect?

Watch it again.

That is a very accurate report Glippo, you would do well to heed it's warning.

• Advertisement

AHAHAHAHA.

"They do it for what they call lulz *INSERT HUGE TEXT "Lulz" ACROSS SCREEN".

AHAHAHAHA.

"Anonymous gets BIG LULZ from pulling random pranks".

"But TRULY EPIC LULZ come from raids and invasions..."

I'm laughing my fucking ass off. These guys are clearly Goons.

THATS FECKING HILARIOUS! :D

Zillah wrote: »

I'm laughing my fucking ass off. These guys are clearly Goons.

Anonymous actually base themselves on 4chan and other chans. If you want goons in action, look up the series of Gorgeous George pranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭Sand

4chan are Goon/SA derived though arent they?

Meh, either way - that Fox report was hilarious. I kept on thinking it must be a skit - that the "victim" and the "ex-anon" guy must have been in on it - but seems they actually ran the story. The "doing it for the lulz" part was the best. Plus the repeated footage of the van being blown up - like WTF did that have to do with guys pulling pranks on the internet?

Most of the stuff on 4chan originally came from SA. As far as I'm aware, 4chan was started by exiles from SA, as was ED. Not completely sure of the link. They share the same humor, only SA has more original content, less furries and fewer pedos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

That was Purely coincidental :D (pardon the pun) Have to say i've been enjoying the fights with you guys, lets all hope CCP have sorted the lag a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AKitty

oll her

LULZ is a corruption of lol , not a retardation.
    Protip , don't believe everything you read on ED , its a satire site.

AKitty wrote: »
    oll her

LULZ is a corruption of lol , not a retardation.
    Protip , don't believe everything you read on ED , its a satire site.
    This is just about the dumbest post I've read on boards.ie. Why are you searching my post history? Butt hurt much?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Paging mr molle to this thread.

http://mollephone.ytmnd.com/

• Advertisement

I see MC have war decced Smash. Quite a step up from Pure, I expect many losses from MC and their pvp rep in ruin before this war is over. o7 Smashkill.

Advertisement