Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freemasons

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Hi Absolam,
    So to gain these degrees what do you need to do?

I presume from your name there is some study of hebrew folklore involved. Is this the much guarded "knowledge" we hear so much about?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭robroy1234

I concur fully with Absolam. There is nothing higher than a 3rd degree master mason, and it is through choice to go on to the additional levels.

As for enquiring about entry, you can approach a known member or enquire via the grand lodge website or the provincial lodge website. Some lodges may have their own websites up and running.

There are three criteria that need to be met:

1. Be a man, freeborn and of full masonic age (21 years +)
    2. Be of good standing in your neighbourhood, with no criminal record and of no ill-repute
    3. Believe in the Supreme Being (Whether that be God, Jehovah, Allah, Hindu..whatever your deity is)

There is no learning of hebrew or any other such language.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

A money making group.
    studiorat wrote: »
    Hi Absolam,
    So to gain these degrees what do you need to do?

I presume from your name there is some study of hebrew folklore involved. Is this the much guarded "knowledge" we hear so much about?

You need to ask to join / be asked to join the appendant bodies that give those degrees. Some Masons never do, some Masons join some, some join them all. It's more a matter of free time and interest than any other factor. No study of hebrew folklore is involved, or any other folklore come to that. And if there was much guarded knowledge, surely you'd never hear much about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm a past master, and can concur with the other masons above. This bullsh1t about there being secrets not revealed to the 'lower echelons' is just that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

A money making group.
    Whats a freemason type funeral?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

A group to make contacts.
    robroy1234 wrote: »
    There are three criteria that need to be met:

1. Be a man.

Wimmin! On yer bike!
    freeborn
    You don't accept people who were born into slavery? A little elitist no?

Oh and you forget the disabled!
    "The men made Masons must be freeborn (or no bondmen), of mature age and of good report, hale and sound, not deformed or dismembered at the time of their making".

Great bunch o' lads :D

Ah, hilarious. Those days are long gone. That dates back to a time when disfigurments were perceived to be as a result of sins by the general populace. All Lodges have disabled members at this stage. We've guys missing fingers, one guy half deaf. Some other lodges have wheelchair bound brethren.

As for your comment about being men only, did you even bother to read the posts above yours before you brainfarted in here?

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Whats a freemason type funeral?

There's no such thing. Masons will attend the funeral of a deceased brother like any mourners, but they'll ask permission of the widow/next of kin for one Brother to drop a sprig of accacia in the open grave on behalf of all members. If the family have an issue for any reason, it's not done.

We've guys missing fingers

Yeah course you do...:pac:

I'm sure Brother 7-fingers is great at the dodgy handshakes.

Edit - while I think of it you forget about the mentally ill becoming masons because they wouldn't be able to keep your dodgy secrets and the blind because well they can't see your symbols.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

A money making group.
    Yeah course you do...:pac:

I'm sure Brother 7-fingers is great at the dodgy handshakes.

Edit - while I think of it you forget about the mentally ill becoming masons because they wouldn't be able to keep your dodgy secrets and the blind because well they can't see your symbols.

You're seriously struggling if thats the best mudslinging you can do :rolleyes:

If disabled men were actually barred from joining freemasonry then half of the members of my lodge would be on their tod. The average age profile of a mason, I would guess, is in his 60s. Almost all of them have an ailment of some kind. If you see a bunch of old dudes with walking sticks dressed up in suits at night its a safe enough bet its the freemasons.

As for having to be freeborn, thats because slaves can't enter into a solemn agreement, given that they are under someone elses ownership. Joining the freemasons has to be a personal choice, and can't be made under duress, hence you must be freeborn. Pretty irrelavent today, at least in the western world.

Mentally ill? I'm sure there are plenty of agreements they can't enter into. Its got to do with consent BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

A money making group.
    There's no such thing. Masons will attend the funeral of a deceased brother like any mourners, but they'll ask permission of the widow/next of kin for one Brother to drop a sprig of accacia in the open grave on behalf of all members. If the family have an issue for any reason, it's not done.
    Whats the significance of that if you don't mind me asking?

I would google but I don't know if what I would get would be accurate seen as there are so many people online who have mad theories about freemasons

If you know a decent site let us know

According to legend, it's how the grave of Hiram Abiff was marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Isn't Acacia indigenous to the Middle East? If so that would indicate that Freemasonry could have originated there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Doesn't that put a direct link to modern masonry and the story of Solomon?

Did you miss the word 'legend'? It's a nice story we tell to teach morals, but we've no clue if there's any truth behind it, no more so than Midas turned everything he touched to Gold. The best guess Masonic historians have is that it did evolve out of the medieval stone masons guilds - but no one's certain.

squod wrote: »
    Doesn't that put a direct link to modern masonry and the story of Solomon?

Squod if your interested this is good reading. It was intended for internal use within the lodges and was written by Master Mason Benjamin Franklin. I've come to the conclusion that their in no point in dealing with a mason on freemasonry because their is no honesty on their part. The final straw was when Absolam said that Pike is a bit-part player within masonry.

The Constitutions of the Free-Masons
    (1734).

This is an online electronic edition of the the first Masonic book
    printed in America, which was produced in Philadelphia by Benjamin
    Franklin in 1734, and was a reprint of a work by James Anderson (who
    is identified as the author in an appendix) printed in London in 1723.

This is the seminal work of American Masonry, edited and published
    by one of the founding fathers, and of great importance to the
    development of colonial society and the formation of the Republic.

The work contains a 40-page history of Masonry: from Adam to
    the reign of King George I, including, among others, Noah, Abraham,
    Moses, Solomon, Hiram Abif, Nebuchadnezzar, Augustus Caesar,
    Vitruvius, King Athelstan the Saxon, Inigo Jones, and James I
    of England.

There are extended descriptions of the Seven Wonders
    of the World,

1) the Great Pyramid,
    2) Solomon’s Temple,
    3) the City and Hanging-Gardens of Babylon,
    4) the Mausoleum or Tomb of Mausolus, King of Caria,
    5) the Lighthouse of Pharos at Alexandria,
    6) Phidias’s statue of Jupiter Olympius in Achaia, and
    7) the Colossus at Rhodes
    (although some maintain the 5th is the Obelisk of Semiramis).

It is a celebration of the science of Geometry and the Royal Art
    of Architecture, as practiced from ancient times until the then-current
    revival of the Roman or Augustan Style. “The Charges of a Free-
    Mason” and the “General Regulations” concern rules of conduct for
    individuals and of governance for Lodges and their officers. The work
    also includes five songs to be sung at meetings, one of which—“A New
    Song”—appears in print for the first time and may have been composed
    by Franklin.

The document suggests that Masonry, in its modern Anglo-American
    form, was rooted in Old Testament exegesis (“So that the Israelites,
    at their leaving Egypt, were a whole Kingdom of Masons, …
    under the Conduct of their GRAND MASTER MOSES”)
    and
    in contemporary Protestant ideals of morality, merit, and political

Document: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1028&context=libraryscience

I concur fully with Absolam. There is nothing higher than a 3rd degree master mason, and it is through choice to go on to the additional levels.

You can be be blackballed and refused the opportunity to attain the higher levels can you not?

If so, how is this "through choice"?

Again if so, why would you misrepresent the truth?

yekahS wrote: »
    You're seriously struggling if thats the best mudslinging you can do :rolleyes:

If disabled men were actually barred from joining freemasonry then half of the members of my lodge would be on their tod. The average age profile of a mason, I would guess, is in his 60s. Almost all of them have an ailment of some kind. If you see a bunch of old dudes with walking sticks dressed up in suits at night its a safe enough bet its the freemasons.
    The point is that it excludes and discriminates against people BORN with deformities or disabilities not old todgers who develop arthrithis.
    As for having to be freeborn, thats because slaves can't enter into a solemn agreement, given that they are under someone elses ownership. Joining the freemasons has to be a personal choice, and can't be made under duress, hence you must be freeborn. Pretty irrelavent today, at least in the western world.
    Again it the reference is to "FREEBORN". Liberated slaves of free will and rights are ineligible due to the conditions of their BIRTH.
    Mentally ill? I'm sure there are plenty of agreements they can't enter into. Its got to do with consent BB.
    Your confusing someone legally insane/incompotent with someone with a mental illness. Not the same at all but both discriminated against by the masons.

This is from The Principles of Masonic Law by Albert G. Mackey.
    The physical qualifications of a candidate contribute to the utility of the Order, because he who is deficient in any of his limbs or members, and who is not in the possession of all his natural senses and endowments, is unable to perform, with pleasure to himself or credit to the fraternity, those peculiar labors in which all should take an equal part. He thus becomes a drone in the hive, and so far impairs the usefulness of the lodge, as "a place where Freemasons assemble to work, and to instruct and improve themselves in the mysteries of their ancient science."

The intellectual qualifications refer to the security of the Order; because they require that its mysteries shall be confided only to those whose mental developments are such as to enable them properly to appreciate, and faithfully to preserve from imposition, the secrets thus entrusted to them. It is evident, for instance, that an idiot could neither understand the hidden doctrines that might be communicated to him, nor could he so secure such portions as he might remember, in the "depositary of his heart," as to prevent the designing knave from worming them out of him; for, as the wise Solomon has said, "a fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul."

http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/Mackey_law_fr.html

"hidden doctrines"

That's why it's a waste of time talking to masons about masonry. They are oath/allegiance bound to the secrets of the order.

You'll learn far more by watching this film http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3923632392892449905&q=history+of+freemasonry&total=85&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0#

• Advertisement

Squod if your interested this is good reading. It was intended for internal use within the lodges and was written by Master Mason Benjamin Franklin. I've come to the conclusion that their in no point in dealing with a mason on freemasonry because their is no honesty on their part. The final straw was when Absolam said that Pike is a bit-part player within masonry

ROFL. Oh the stupidity and blindness in what you wrote BB. First of all, American Masonry is it's own entity, and while it's recognised by the Grand Lodge of Ireland and England, they do things very differently as regards their interpretation of ritual and the historical origins of Masonry. As discussed here ad nauseum before, doubtless you saw the last time we discussed Masonry, there's even differences in Ireland between rituals.

You can be be blackballed and refused the opportunity to attain the higher levels can you not?

No. No you can't. Stop making things up.
    The point is that it excludes and discriminates against people BORN with deformities or disabilities not old todgers who develop arthrithis. Again it the reference is to "FREEBORN".

Again, you're someone with no inside knowledge of the craft, you see a word, put two and two together and get twenty two. We use the worn Freeborn because of it's historical references. Just like we use in our ritual the ancient but symbolic death penalties if someone were to let our secrets out. BUT, we stress strongly that things have changed since those some 400 years ago when things meant just that - Freeborn now means that a man is born with the will to be his own person, to strive in life and succeed (Which nearly every person on the planet is born with) - and we also stress that the symbolic penalties have been replaced with real penalties of being turfed out if someone were to commit a crime, or let our secret handshakes/passwords slip.

Despite your frankly childish attempts to link Masonry to works of ill repute, we're a proud organisation. We welcome anyone who wants to join as long as they're willing to let themselves become a better moral person and a more charitable person to all mankind.

Threads like these btw, are fantastic. You don't know how much good you do by raising these clearly fabricated arguments - the average non conspiracy theorist with an open mind who wants to learn about masonry can see through such desparate slurs and ill founded logic. These same boardsies actually then PM us, and ask us about joining. The conspiracy theory forum as far as I can make out must be responsible at this stage for almost a dozen joining our order. It could well be more.

For that Brown Bomber, I thank you :)

A money making group.
    Squod if your interested this is good reading. It was intended for internal use within the lodges and was written by Master Mason Benjamin Franklin. I've come to the conclusion that their in no point in dealing with a mason on freemasonry because their is no honesty on their part. The final straw was when Absolam said that Pike is a bit-part player within masonry.
    No... I didn't. I've posted twice on the subject of Pike and never made that statement.
    The point is that it excludes and discriminates against people BORN with deformities or disabilities not old todgers who develop arthrithis.
    There is a member of my Lodge who was born with one leg. The point has been discussed ad nauseum; you continually quote ancient documents you find on the internet as if they were current.
    Again it the reference is to "FREEBORN". Liberated slaves of free will and rights are ineligible due to the conditions of their BIRTH.
    As above, but I wonder, what's your obsession with how people are born?
    Your confusing someone legally insane/incompotent with someone with a mental illness. Not the same at all but both discriminated against by the masons.
    YekahS wasn't confusing anything; you're just trying to muddy your argument. People who are incapable of understanding an oath should not be asked to take one, and Freemasonry won't ask them to take one.
    This is from The Principles of Masonic Law by Albert G. Mackey.
    Indeed it is... written in 1856 by a Scottish Rite Freemason, for anyone who is interested. You might consider the contemporary restrictions placed on the right to vote in America; that too has changed somewhat in the last 150 years or so.
    "hidden doctrines"
    That's why it's a waste of time talking to masons about masonry. They are oath/allegiance bound to the secrets of the order. You'll learn far more by watching this film
    Ah be fair... it's a waste of time because you hear the truth which is not nearly as fun and ridiculous as the stuff you (and the guys who made the video) make up.

ROFL. Oh the stupidity and blindness in what you wrote BB. First of all, American Masonry is it's own entity, and while it's recognised by the Grand Lodge of Ireland and England, they do things very differently as regards their interpretation of ritual and the historical origins of Masonry. As discussed here ad nauseum before, doubtless you saw the last time we discussed Masonry, there's even differences in Ireland between rituals.

Lovely jubbly, now wtf has that got to do with the section of my post you quoted? pacman.gif

Squod seemed interested in the ancient oringins of freemasonry. It was an authorative masonic source by Benjamin Franklin no less.

That aside it was made quite clear that it was a reprint of James Anderson's work commissioned by The Grand Lodge of London and Westminister (now the governing body of all England & Wales).
    Anderson was a Freemason, the Master of a Masonic lodge, and a Grand Warden of the Grand Lodge of London and Westminster. He was commissioned in September 1721 by the Grand Lodge to write a history of the Free-Masons, and it was published in 1723 as The Constitutions of the Free-Masons. Anderson's name does not appear on the title page, but his authorship is declared in an appendix.
    No. No you can't. Stop making things up.
    Now here you are either a) Lying or b) So ignorant of a basic tenet of freemasonry rendering it impossible that you actually are a mason as you claim (meaning you are lying).

In summary, you are lying?...Why?

Again, you're someone with no inside knowledge of the craft, you see a word, put two and two together and get twenty two. We use the worn Freeborn because of it's historical references. Just like we use in our ritual the ancient but symbolic death penalties if someone were to let our secrets out. BUT, we stress strongly that things have changed since those some 400 years ago when things meant just that - Freeborn now means that a man is born with the will to be his own person, to strive in life and succeed (Which nearly every person on the planet is born with) - and we also stress that the symbolic penalties have been replaced with real penalties of being turfed out if someone were to commit a crime, or let our secret handshakes/passwords slip.

or the non-apologist version:
    he Old Charges are among the things that are "going on today." Eliminate them from Freemasonry as it now functions and not a subordinate lodge, or a Grand Lodge, or any other regular Masonic body could operate at all; they are to what the Constitution of this nation is to the United States Government, and what its statutes are to every state in the Union. All our constitutions, statutes, laws, rules, by-laws and regulations to some extent or other hark back to the Old Charges, and without them Masonic jurisprudence, or the methods for governing and regulating the legal affairs of the Craft, would be left hanging suspended in the air.
    http://www.masonicdictionary.com/charges.html
    Despite your frankly childish attempts to link Masonry to works of ill repute, we're a proud organisation. We welcome anyone who wants to join as long as they're willing to let themselves become a better moral person and a more charitable person to all mankind.
    So does Scientology and other cults.
    Threads like these btw, are fantastic. You don't know how much good you do by raising these clearly fabricated arguments - the average non conspiracy theorist with an open mind who wants to learn about masonry can see through such desparate slurs and ill founded logic. These same boardsies actually then PM us, and ask us about joining. The conspiracy theory forum as far as I can make out must be responsible at this stage for almost a dozen joining our order. It could well be more.
    ]For that Brown Bomber, I thank you smile.gif

That's great. Each to their own and all that. I have nothing against any masons on a personal level and good luck to anyone who does join. Two of my favourite all-time people were masons.

sons_of_the_desert02.jpg

.......................................................................................................

BTW what slurs have I made?

I've only quoted from masonic sources.

Brown Bomber - I appreciate the material that you have put forward and some of it is interesting reading. I am not sure whether you are hostile or supportive of Freemasonry, but that is your choice entirely. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and is free to openly air those opinions, however some people have great difficulty in finding that their opinions and beliefs are not supported by any fact at all. The problem with conspiracy theories are that on the whole some of the issues are plausible, they jump to conclusions and invent links and connections that are not related at all. For example: we as freemasons have been accused of meddling in politics, science, religion, education, finance and in the private lives of people, and despite that fact that even though men who are freemasons work or have interests in those areas - they do so in their capacity outside of freemasonry - they do not speak for freemasonry in such matters. The Grand Lodge of Ireland has never and will never do discuss or produce anything concerning those subjects. As for the conspiracy theorists that we are involved in plots to create a new world order, that is extremely far fetched. You could however look at certain sites such as the Catholic Social Teaching website and you will see the subjects and areas that the church meddles in, including politics, education, finance, etc., All denominations of christianity and different religions do that to a greater or lesser degree.
    As for words, signs and grips, these are ancient methods of identification of fellow members of the craft and harks back to the days when craftsmen of the guilds could not read and write, and did not carry "union cards" to show their membership. But, knowledge of these words, signs and grips and exposure of them in public by non-masons with the belief that in doing so that we would no longer be a viable organisation, forget one important factor - what is referred to as the mystic tie is not a word, sign or grip, but the bond of friendship and brotherhood in the fraternity.
    As for being Free, this is in reference to that to join any group or organisation you have to do so on your own free will and accord, you cannot be forced or coerced into joining. Considering that the majority of people are born into a church, vote in elections by following family preferences, participate or support sport teams based on tribal loyalty and other such limitations placed on them beyond their own personal control.
    Without Maim or defect, is also a medieval concept that harks to actual construction of buildings and alludes to that a skilled craftsman is able and capable to perform his duties in safety to himself and others. This at the time when there were no health and safety, and no compensation schemes for injuries and death. As with all guilds craftsmen set up their own schemes for look out for each other and this included a system akin to health and safety, and the promise to care for craftsmen maim due to accidents and to care for their widows and children if accidents proved fatal. As for disabilities as such, we are speculative masons and not operative masons and therefore men who satisfy the requirements of entry and are disabled, are not prohibited from joining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Flicked through it BB. Same old half story there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

The puppets
    When people or organisations have lots of shussssh secrets well then obviously people are going to wonder what sort of sh1t you guys to be getting up to in your club thats human nature. I mean you cant even let us know the wording of your oath or is that still a rule? can you tell us the oath you take for the laugh no one will find out. Or better still share some knowledge with the minnions I know Im worthy I really am but I just couldnt be arsed joing up not that Id want to anyway. But we all like a good secret dont we I mean whats going on what knowledge do you people have that it has to be kept secret from the unworthy. You can say all you want that Freemasonry is just another club but it isnt too many secrets , rituals and hush hush to be anything like normal. For the record I think most of you guys are decent good human beings but the big secretive vibe surrounding the brotherhood makes me curious as to what you actually know/get up to and that wont change till' you front up and shower the masses with your pearls of wisdom, enlightenment and wonder.:)

A money making group.
    Lovely jubbly, now wtf has that got to do with the section of my post you quoted? Squod seemed interested in the ancient oringins of freemasonry. It was an authorative masonic source by Benjamin Franklin no less. That aside it was made quite clear that it was a reprint of James Anderson's work commissioned by The Grand Lodge of London and Westminister (now the governing body of all England & Wales)
    As usual trying to avoid the point when you're caught out?

Now here you are either a) Lying or b) So ignorant of a basic tenet of freemasonry rendering it impossible that you actually are a mason as you claim (meaning you are lying). In summary, you are lying?...Why?)
    Or (and I'm sorry this might upset you ) c) As a Freemason PaintDoctor actually knows the process he went through, and understands you're making stuff up and presenting it as a basic tenet of Freemasonry when it's not. You've constantly ignored the most fundamental error pointed out in your argument; there are no 'higher levels'.
    or the non-apologist version:
    Written in 1923... not quite a hundred years ago. Well done... at this rate you might actually be looking at current literature in a couple of months!
    So does Scientology and other cults.
    So does Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and my local golf club. What's your point?
    That's great. Each to their own and all that. I have nothing against any masons on a personal level and good luck to anyone who does join. Two of my favourite all-time people were masons.
    Well, one of them at least!
    BTW what slurs have I made?
    I've only quoted from masonic sources.
    Well, most recently:
    In summary, you are lying?...
    it excludes and discriminates against people BORN with deformities or disabilities
    their in no point in dealing with a mason on freemasonry because their is no honesty on their part
    I'd consider all these statements slurs, and that's without even going through other threads you've posted on.

Absolam wrote: »
    As usual trying to avoid the point when you're caught out?

Hmmm. let's put that to the test shall we? These are the relevant posts.
    ]Originally Posted by Brown Bomber View Post
    Squod if your interested this is good reading. It was intended for internal use within the lodges and was written by Master Mason Benjamin Franklin. I've come to the conclusion that their in no point in dealing with a mason on freemasonry because their is no honesty on their part. The final straw was when Absolam said that Pike is a bit-part player within masonry
    Originally Posted by PaintDoctor View Post
    Originally Posted by Brown Bomber View Post
    Lovely jubbly, now wtf has that got to do with the section of my post you quoted? Squod seemed interested in the ancient oringins of freemasonry. It was an authorative masonic source by Benjamin Franklin no less. That aside it was made quite clear that it was a reprint of James Anderson's work commissioned by The Grand Lodge of London and Westminister (now the governing body of all England & Wales)

In short I shared a link with squod. Paint Doctor then for some bizarre reason unkown to me started banging on about the differences between US and Irish/British masonry. I still responded to his point -

"That aside it was made quite clear that it was a reprint of James Anderson's work commissioned by The Grand Lodge of London and Westminister (now the governing body of all England & Wales)"

So perhaps you briefly could explain how I am "avoiding the point" and have been "caught out" as I see zero evidence of it.
    Or (and I'm sorry this might upset you ) c) As a Freemason PaintDoctor actually knows the process he went through, and understands you're making stuff up and presenting it as a basic tenet of Freemasonry when it's not. You've constantly ignored the most fundamental error pointed out in your argument; there are no 'higher levels'.

I'm not making stuff up, it is rather dishonest for you to claim this. I've primarily quoted from official masonic sources.

And Are you saying that there are no higher levels in masonry than entered apprentice?

And you don't have to be a mason to know that there is secret balloting within masonry. It is an easily verifiable fact. Do you deny this?

Perhaps you'd like to be another mason to lie publically in this thread?

Is there secret balloting in Irish freemasonry?

Written in 1923... not quite a hundred years ago. Well done... at this rate you might actually be looking at current literature in a couple of months!
    Yes after the Irish Constitution. Yet more obfuscating on your part. It's rather ironic that article written by a Freemason and taken from a freemasonic source confirming the inherent importance of the older texts to freemasonry is belittled by a freemason for being an old text don't you think?

So does Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and my local golf club. What's your point?

So your local golf club welcomes members "willing to let themselves become a better moral person and a more charitable person to all mankind" WTF ...:pac:

Methinks you through out the golf club at the end because to disguise the fact that you'd just mentioned three religions when masonry supposedly isn't religious in nature. Actually, I have a question if you don't mind...

What specifically would masonry have to change about itself to become religous (assuming it's not already)
    I'd consider all these statements slurs, and that's without even going through other threads you've posted on.

They are all easily explained.

In summary, you are lying?...

He was.

it excludes and discriminates against people BORN with deformities or disabilities
    According to freemasonry's own documents it does.

their in no point in dealing with a mason on freemasonry because their is no honesty on their part

1.Selective quoting continuing the pattern on dishonesty.

"I've come to the conclusion that their in no point in dealing with a mason on freemasonry because their is no honesty on their part."

2. It's a natural logical conclusion that you cannot be trusted regarding freemasonry in discourse with the profane because you are oath-bound to protect it's "hidden doctrines".

How can you possibly try to argue against this?

Brown Bomber - I appreciate the material that you have put forward and some of it is interesting reading. I am not sure whether you are hostile or supportive of Freemasonry, but that is your choice entirely. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and is free to openly air those opinions, however some people have great difficulty in finding that their opinions and beliefs are not supported by any fact at all. The problem with conspiracy theories are that on the whole some of the issues are plausible, they jump to conclusions and invent links and connections that are not related at all. For example: we as freemasons have been accused of meddling in politics, science, religion, education, finance and in the private lives of people, and despite that fact that even though men who are freemasons work or have interests in those areas - they do so in their capacity outside of freemasonry - they do not speak for freemasonry in such matters. The Grand Lodge of Ireland has never and will never do discuss or produce anything concerning those subjects. As for the conspiracy theorists that we are involved in plots to create a new world order, that is extremely far fetched. You could however look at certain sites such as the Catholic Social Teaching website and you will see the subjects and areas that the church meddles in, including politics, education, finance, etc., All denominations of christianity and different religions do that to a greater or lesser degree.
    As for words, signs and grips, these are ancient methods of identification of fellow members of the craft and harks back to the days when craftsmen of the guilds could not read and write, and did not carry "union cards" to show their membership. But, knowledge of these words, signs and grips and exposure of them in public by non-masons with the belief that in doing so that we would no longer be a viable organisation, forget one important factor - what is referred to as the mystic tie is not a word, sign or grip, but the bond of friendship and brotherhood in the fraternity.
    As for being Free, this is in reference to that to join any group or organisation you have to do so on your own free will and accord, you cannot be forced or coerced into joining. Considering that the majority of people are born into a church, vote in elections by following family preferences, participate or support sport teams based on tribal loyalty and other such limitations placed on them beyond their own personal control.
    Without Maim or defect, is also a medieval concept that harks to actual construction of buildings and alludes to that a skilled craftsman is able and capable to perform his duties in safety to himself and others. This at the time when there were no health and safety, and no compensation schemes for injuries and death. As with all guilds craftsmen set up their own schemes for look out for each other and this included a system akin to health and safety, and the promise to care for craftsmen maim due to accidents and to care for their widows and children if accidents proved fatal. As for disabilities as such, we are speculative masons and not operative masons and therefore men who satisfy the requirements of entry and are disabled, are not prohibited from joining.

Thank you for the considered an non-aggressive response. It's appreciated :). I think I should point out that my interest in masonry is out of curiosity; it has a rich history and the fact that much of it is concealed it has taken almost mystical propotions based on a smorgasbord of truth, hearsay, myths and legends, from the outside at least makes it fascinating to me.

It's interesting to me to speculate on alternative history, but I am aware it is speculation. The problem here is that my speculation involves other people here now so if I've offended you I apologise.

The reality I am sure is much more mundane, dogmatic, and (no offense) a little silly - grown men playing dress up bowing to their worshipful master etc.

However, the masonic network is global and hugely influential and the potential for subversiveness is real imo. Masonic connections to P-2, The Illuminati, French Revolution, Bolshevik Revolution, Alta Vendita, The Klu Klux Klan and much more is a testament to this. The event which triggered the First World War - the assasination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand was a masonic conpsiracy, carried out by masons for example.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

A money making group.

Is there secret balloting in Irish freemasonry?

See, you're being dishonest again. Thats not what you asked PaintDoctor.

You asked:

Which is a different question, and untrue.

Advertisement