Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Tails142

Tails142 wrote: »
    I placed my order on monday night - got an email back saying order received etc

Still havent heard anything back and when I check my order on the site it still says processing - anyone experiencing similar?

Finally got an email saying the items had shipped without any issue. Will let you know if I get stung by customs, order came to $234 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Finally got an email saying the items had shipped without any issue. Will let you know if I get stung by customs, order came to $234 :o

I'd be surprised if you don't get hit by customs for that. From the look of most responses here you need to keep the total price below $140-$150.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭SEORG

I placed my order on monday night - got an email back saying order received etc

Still havent heard anything back and when I check my order on the site it still says processing - anyone experiencing similar?

I'm having the same problem at the moment. I purchased off of them eaelier in teh month and had no problem with my credit verification but when I placed another order on Sunday I got the reply about not being able to verify my credit card with my billing address. So I sent off a copy of my drivers licence and a credit card statement. I had to email them on Tuesday as I had no correspondence from them. I eventually got a reply saying my order was pending shipment. Since then nothing.

I just find it strange that they do not accept a credit card with the same address from the same account when they have previously sent out an order with no problems:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Maybe they are worried by the sudden increase in orders from Ireland! They may think someone is re-selling a large amount of items.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭SEORG

Second order arrived today. No Customs:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

ordered using the second code from here, it went through no problems, it expires tomorrow though so anyone wanting to use it take note.

ill post back how the delivery goes and if i get stuck for customs. Seems to be most people are having positive experiences.

I picked up a few American eagle stuff when i was in San Fransisco last year, one of their polos was my favourite and it got a burned by a bloody cigarette but :mad:

looking forward to getting this stuff in the post. Ordered 2 polo's, a hoodie and a t-shirt. Comes to approx 70 euro, so very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

My god delivery was quick!!!Ordered thursday came today tuesday!!No customs charges for me and my stuff is QUALITY!!!

Only a shame they dont have more variety in their stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Ordered last Tues night, shipped on Fri and received the stuff thsi morning! That was quick! happy with the stuff and would def order again! no customs charges either though the order was only for $100 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

These last few orders received above, with no customs - were these totals excluding shipping etc? Do AE place the total value incl shipping on the docket? My guess is not as it would not make sense to be paying VAT and duty etc on shipping charges too... or do we?

Out order was $138 but shipping added $40 so taking over over the perceived $150 safety barrier:confused:

Shipped from Kansas last night so hopefully see something before end of week. Wife is eager for new threads for the weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

i also need the answe to the question on delivery adding on to price?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My order has been in processing since the 23rd. I emailed them a few times but they never got back to me.

I sent them a photocopy of my passport and credit card statement today. How long will it take for them to get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

These last few orders received above, with no customs - were these totals excluding shipping etc? Do AE place the total value incl shipping on the docket? My guess is not as it would not make sense to be paying VAT and duty etc on shipping charges too... or do we?

Out order was $138 but shipping added $40 so taking over over the perceived $150 safety barrier:confused:

Shipped from Kansas last night so hopefully see something before end of week. Wife is eager for new threads for the weekend:)
    !

Mine arrived today. Ordered 24th. Quality and sizes not bad except for large tall jumper which is a little big. Sure I'll grow into it!

Price on the front of my package was for full price goods without postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

my stuff came today as well... Price on front did not include postage... total was $109.... no customs charge thank God

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Both my orders were for around 140$ incl postage and no customs.

I returned 2 tops - 1 from each order the other day so will see how that pans out. Just wanted to exhange them for different sizes.

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

I've ordered twice from them, both came fast and clothes are good quality...!

Had the issue with the credit card for the first order, mailed their customer services and asked what the problem was, and just kept on questioning them when they replied with their standard response and after I'd questioned their way of doing it a couple of times they mailed me to say the order had been accepted and it was delivered about a 2 days later....

I would say it is worth getting though, clothes are good, and decent range of sizes if you're a big lad like me...!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

karltimber wrote: »
    Both my orders were for around 140$ incl postage and no customs.

I returned 2 tops - 1 from each order the other day so will see how that pans out. Just wanted to exhange them for different sizes.

K

how much did it cost you to post each of them back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

I ordered 2 tees and 2 polos. goods came to about 75, shipping added 30 so 105 for the lot. the price on the outside was the total, i.e. 105

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

how much did it cost you to post each of them back?

I put two items together in one bag - same one they used - and it cost 8euro.
    worth it to have all items worth wearing - size wise.
    It seems medium in classic and vintage can differ a lot.

but in the end all worth it.

ya wouldn't get much in river island or next for 80/90euro nowadays :)

k

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kaylden

If you are sending something back to them you should always send with a tracking number just incase it gets lost or they say that they never got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Anyone order with a 3v card and have any issues? I've been asked for the usual ID and statement but obviously dont have one with a 3v. Didnt get any joy via email. Anyone know what number to call them from Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

I ordered stuff on the 2nd April and on the tracking site there is no information, states to allow up to 24hrs but its been nearly 48. anyone have this problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yeah they nevr give me a tracking id

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Tails142

got my stuff today, had to pay €53 to customs, still a great deal though, yay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Got stuff yesterday, €80 worth. No customs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/ae.com
    Voucher code: 33462192
    Take 15% off....good through April 20, 2008

Above code is working, just placed another order.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Missed delievery of my stuff today but note was left saying i owed €45 customs!! im still in shock, my order came to $158 and this included $40 shipping, so my order total was actually $118.

to be sure i shall be having words with the post office on monday. am furious :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

bigslick wrote: »
    Missed delievery of my stuff today but note was left saying i owed €45 customs!! im still in shock, my order came to $158 and this included $40 shipping, so my order total was actually $118.

to be sure i shall be having words with the post office on monday. am furious :mad:

Bad news but it's the luck of the draw and a bit of a lottery whether you get
    caught - I've had to pay on one from three orders, all orders around the
    USD 150 mark.

You're charged on the price of the clothes plus the price of shipping, USD158
    in your case, as the value of the goods is the price it cost you to get them
    to your doorstep.

I honestly feel that the price of the clothes even taking customs into account is good value
    - hence I placed a fourth order today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Jayzus...

ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 4 April 08
    ITEM RECEIVED PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS 4 April 08

Guess I better meet postie with a cup of tea and a cake... a bribe

Order was app $138 + $40 shipping.... crisp brown one will be required for this I guess.

Next time will keep the whole thing, incl shipping, under $150 and see what happens. Any more discount codes about:rolleyes:

Lets see Monday - I will be at work so wife can sort it out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Any have a link to where i might find custom rates for the duties added on as it seems bit much that they added on nearly 50% onto my order value!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Jayzus...

ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 4 April 08
    ITEM RECEIVED PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS 4 April 08

does this defo mean you will be charged customs and not just checking process instead of checking at the airport? or does it go to the portlaoise after being flagged at the airport?

Advertisement