Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Damnit, the XL polo I bought doesn't fit :( Don't suppose anyone wants to take it off my hands?!

145 including delivery, no customs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DJ WIPEOUT

$177.08 inluding $40 s&h - customs was €52.50 - stinger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It would appear that customs, VAT and duty is more about the geographical location of the sorting office as it is about any declared amount...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jean wrote: »
    Damnit, the XL polo I bought doesn't fit :( Don't suppose anyone wants to take it off my hands?!

145 including delivery, no customs :D

Too small or too big? If its big I have a tshirt I could swap for.

Naw, it's too small! Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Is there anyway to pick up the parcel. I mean that I won't be around to receive it next week at the house but I'll be in Dublin on Saturday, I think the parcel left the US today so I presume it will be held in Dublin over the weekend. Any way to pick it up? Does the tracking continue within Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

shortys94 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to pick up the parcel. I mean that I won't be around to receive it next week at the house but I'll be in Dublin on Saturday, I think the parcel left the US today so I presume it will be held in Dublin over the weekend. Any way to pick it up? Does the tracking continue within Ireland?

Tracking does continue in Ireland. Once the item reaches Ireland you can also put the tracking number supplied by American Eagle into the An Post Website and get a more in depth account of where it is.

When they delivered to me I was not at home, so it got sent to the sorting office and I got a slip through the door with which to pick it up. The slip informed me that it would be kept at the sorting office for 5 working days, after which it would be returned to sender. My sorting office is open Monday - Friday 0800 - 1700 but that would depend on the branches I am sure.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea I wont be around all next week so I better try and get it in Dublin on Saturday. Thanks for the help John.

Only problem is mine will most likely get stopped by customs, $190 hehe, anyway if it does would the customs office be willing to give me the package or will they have to keep it for the few days they usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

shortys94 wrote: »
    Yea I wont be around all next week so I better try and get it in Dublin on Saturday. Thanks for the help John.

Only problem is mine will most likely get stopped by customs, $190 hehe, anyway if it does would the customs office be willing to give me the package or will they have to keep it for the few days they usually do.

They might drop it into your neighbours house for you, happend to me a few times with ebay purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Found this link regarding customs charges. Dunno if it is up to date though
    I have to collect my package at lunch but they are looking for 67 euros customs on a full order inc postage of approx 160 euro (244 dollars) which I will question. Last time I buy my sister and Gf clothes online :(

http://www.clothing.ie/customs-duties-clothing-imports.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Have placed two orders, both flagged with driving licence and credit card statement request, contacted them and the customer services agent said it was a problem with UK based banks not releasing information regarding my home address....blah blah blah. I asked was my voice verification not sufficent to prove that the order was not fraudulent, she said unfortunately not, verification had to come from the bank. Contacted MBNA,(who were extremely heplful) they said they'd accepted the charge, and couldn't understand the problem, they advised for security under no circumstance to fax these details over, and to contact AE, explaining suituation and that the bank would release any info to get order processed. 6 emails and 3 phone calls later, informing AE how my bank advised not to fax info etc etc etc .I'm still receiving the same generic bullsh1t reply.

Long story short it would appear AE are placing blame on the CC companies for not relasing info, when actually it AE themselves that are fcuking the whole thing up. If u have an MBNA cc - don't bother

Sorry for the rant , I'm really pissed off :) and thanks to OP for code, great deal if u can get it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hugejeans

sweetie wrote: »
    Found this link regarding customs charges. Dunno if it is up to date though
    I have to collect my package at lunch but they are looking for 67 euros customs on a full order inc postage of approx 160 euro (244 dollars) which I will question. Last time I buy my sister and Gf clothes online :(

http://www.clothing.ie/customs-duties-clothing-imports.html

I worked out what your duty should be from the above link:

total cost (including delivery): $ 244
    duty at 12%: $ 29.28

new total: $ 273.28
    VAT @ 21%: 57.38

VAT + Duty: $86.66

in euro : 55.43 (using http://www.xe.com/ucc/ for conversion)

oh, there might be an admin fee too! fedex charge a tenner! aint that nice of them!

(note: my maths aint great so correct if wrong!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

hugejeans wrote: »

oh, there might be an admin fee too! fedex charge a tenner! aint that nice of them!

I think the fedex charge is 13 or 15 euro so the €67 sounds right.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hugejeans

Beano wrote: »
    I think the fedex charge is 13 or 15 euro so the €67 sounds right.

Its defo 10, i recently got 3 fedex invoices looking for tax and duty :( the difference could be exchange rate (i.e. giving you the worst one possible!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

hugejeans wrote: »

yeah, I was wondering about the disparity between 55 and 67. How the fcuk can fedex charge an admin fee. Are they not paid from the initial postage charge?

Edit: Package gone to Kilbarrack and have to send a cheque to there before they will send it back into city centre. grrh. Gave me a number for customs office in portlaoise to query charge but no answer the five times I rang it. double grrh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Whats the story with sizes both shoe size and clothes size?

Is an american large an Irish large?

Is an american size 10 the same size as an Irish size 11 in shoe sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

kearnsr wrote: »
    Whats the story with sizes both shoe size and clothes size?

Is an american large an Irish large?

Is an american size 10 the same size as an Irish size 11 in shoe sizes?

American 10 is Irish 9 (in shoe sizes)

think from the rest of the thread the clothes size are the same.

there is a size chart on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

John mac wrote: »

I wear a size 10 shoe here. I've ordered to pairs of shoes from American Eagle (one under this offer and one a couple of years ago) both were American Size 11 and fitted me well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

John mac wrote: »

Medium classic fit is fine on me but vintage fit seems a little smaller.

If I like a vintage style - I will order large next time.

K

To anyone who has returned clothes for different sizes - do they charge you again for shipping them back to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes, it's not their fault you ordered the wrong sizes, they will give you some sort of credit if they made the mistake.

i got $30 credit because i had to send back a pair of lads jeans i bought turned up as a pair of size 8 petitie skinny girl jeans :eek:

Actually, I just rang them to check - they don't charge shipping on exchanges, even to international addresses.
    Nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

whoops sorry i read your post wrong, no they don't re charge you for shipping again, i thought you meant do you have to pay to get your stuff back to them or do they pay to collect it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Whats the story with the credit card? Just got an email saying my order couldnt be processed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Whats the story with the credit card? Just got an email saying my order couldnt be processed

You enter the billing/delivery address on your order exactly as it is on your
    credit-card statement?

You enter the billing/delivery address on your order exactly as it is on your
    credit-card statement?

No. I'm wanted it delivered to my parents address cause I'm never at home for delivery.

Thats the problem is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

No. I'm wanted it delivered to my parents address cause I'm never at home for delivery.

Thats the problem is it?

A lot of US retailers will question orders, particularly first orders, if
    the addresses differ. If you phone them the may ship it to your parents
    but may ask you to fax/email a copy of the top of your credit card statement
    and/or some ID (drivers license usually).

Just rang them there. Hopefully something can get sorted out. Some nice gear there.

Do they actually get back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Would $250 not including P&P be chancing my arm custom wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

agentgreen wrote: »
    Would $250 not including P&P be chancing my arm custom wise?

Yep, you'll almost certainly be stung.

Advertisement