Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

I know it's hit or miss, but what would be a good guideline to work off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

agentgreen wrote: »
    Would $250 not including P&P be chancing my arm custom wise?

Will also depend on the physical size of the package - in my experience it's
    the bulkier packages that are more likely to get stopped by customs.
    USD 250 worth of small items like t-shirts could fit in a large envelope
    type parcel and slip through whilst USD 250 worth of jeans/hoodies will
    end up packed in a box. I've ordered several times and it's the boxes
    that got stopped whilst the envelopes were fine.

Just avoid ordering too many bulky items at once and keep it at USD100-150.
    When shopping budget for paying the Customs fee, it's the law and if caught
    you have no choice - even with the added Customs it's still a bargain with the
    weak dollar and AE's pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

how long does it take for delivery with AE??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

robdcu wrote: »
    how long does it take for delivery with AE??

On average one week, pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

FYI Got mine today , 130$ package , no customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

Got mine today too, $148 (including shipping) no customs. I think the lads may be onto something as this time it was a plastic bag whereas last time I was hit for customs it was delivered in a cardboard box. Although last time I did order $215 worth of clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

j14 wrote: »
    Got mine today too, $148 (including shipping) no customs. I think the lads may be onto something as this time it was a plastic bag whereas last time I was hit for customs it was delivered in a cardboard box. Although last time I did order $215 worth of clothes.

i ordered $148 dollars a few days ago, so it will be interesting to see if i get stung! the fact that you didnt is encouraging.

kearnsr wrote: »
    Just rang them there. Hopefully something can get sorted out. Some nice gear there.

Do they actually get back to you?

yeah i got an email within a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

yay i got an email saying it was shipped yesterday, and it was only yesterday that my mother faxed the details they asked for, now i won't have to do that anymore woop woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I reckon they lose a considerable amount of business through this CC verification malarch! I know I'm not arsed tracking down this and that then going to try and fax them somewhere!

• Advertisement

besty wrote: »
    I reckon they lose a considerable amount of business through this CC verification malarch! I know I'm not arsed tracking down this and that then going to try and fax them somewhere!

You dont need to track down any place to fax them, i just took a picture of my driving license and a credit card statement and emailed it on to them. Got an email within a few hours saying my order would now be processed.

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    You dont need to track down any place to fax them, i just took a picture of my driving license and a credit card statement and emailed it on to them. Got an email within a few hours saying my order would now be processed.

Ah right, that's not too bad then. Might do that. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

bump.....just reminding people this is the last day to avail of this offer!

It says on the site that the shipping details must be the same as billing details........Does this mean I have to get my order shipped to my father or will they allow it be shipped to my name?? (same address

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

For sake of ease I just shipped to my dad too as he is the card holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

My package is in the post office so I'll pick it up tomorrow.

The offer is great, but its still cheap without it at the same time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've tried it twice and have had no luck. I might try and call them again but the last time I did that they never got back to me so I'll see.

Never thought it would be this hard to g

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've tried it twice and have had no luck. I might try and call them again but the last time I did that they never got back to me so I'll see.

Never thought it would be this hard to give away money

Yea it took awhile for them to verify it for me also, had to call then send an email with bank statement and drivers licence.

didn't take long at all for mine wooo verified on the same day as details were sent like and now i wont have to do that ever again when i buy ae ugggh stupid good friday and easter monday though i'll probably only get my stuff tuesday cosa them cos no post on thise days lol ha!

I just took a photo of my passport and a bank statement and sent them as an attachment in an email to customerservice@ae.com citing my order number and got a response saying;

Dear AE Friend,

Thank you for your recent email.

Thank you for providing us with the correct information. We have been able to verify your billing information and are processing your order. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at (888) 232-4535.

Thank you for your interest in American Eagle Outfitters.

Sincerely,

Your Friends @ AE

So....It's all done and dusted. Now hopefully I just don't get hit with customs.

• Advertisement

Do they send out an email to confirm the order immediately??? I ordered about 2 hours ago still nothing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

How do you track you stuff in ireland? I have my order and tracking number, but the an post website will accept neither

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

How do you track you stuff in ireland? I have my order and tracking number, but the an post website will accept neither

The An Post site will only accept it once it has reached Ireland. You track it through the links provided on the American Eagle website.

Do they mail the customs invoice to you, because my post office wasn't open but the sorting office behind was, so just went in and asked to pick up package.

Didn't have to pay customs, mine was around $190 including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no the customs invoice has to be on the outside of the parcel.

if you have the parcel in your hands now it's safe to say they won't charge you.

Nice one., expecially when people in my family are constantly being charged for admin. charges and customs fees for abercrombie and fedex.

yeah my brother just got a letter today from fed ex, charging im customs and other fees for stuff he bought from hollister before christmas.

Yea I prefer AE tbh, not as la de da, my sisters are constantly buying Abercrombie.

Really glad about going into the the sorting office, I probably would have had to pay cutoms if I went in at opening time.

did ye all get a confirmation email when ye ordered???
    I ordered yesterday at about 6pm and still haven't heard anything from them?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

did ye all get a confirmation email when ye ordered???

i got a mail straight away.

my order arrived today. (no VAT or customs)

5 tee shirts for 95 yo yos still nearly 20 each.

am i getting old here or is eur 20 cheep for a tee shirt?:confused:

Advertisement