Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

yeah its quite good value alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

just got an email saying they cant process order etc.....

They want me to send them name, addy and phone number exactly as it appears on credit card statement.

Will i get any more hassle after i send them this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

just got an email saying they cant process order etc.....

They want me to send them name, addy and phone number exactly as it appears on credit card statement.

Will i get any more hassle after i send them this?
    nope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

What's this about having to send your passport etc? I ordered a few items there now to ship to my home place (as opposed to where I live in Dublin). Do you think they will come looking for my id / poa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Got my stuff today. $140 no customs lark. Very impressed.

Dammit I feel hot.

Cheers OP!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

My order came to about $160 and arrived yesterday. Got stung with a €45 bill from customs though!:(

I placed the order at the start of March and went home for 10 days around Easter, hoping it'd have arrived by then. It didn't and I've got some lovely new clothes at home in Ireland gathering dust!:(

hmmmmmmm did anyone think to ask how the OP got this discount code????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

No. Why would you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

I did but nobody answered.

AE sent me an e-mail with a 15% off coupon but it was only for a one time use. I think it's because I signed up for the newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Steak wrote: »
    I did but nobody answered.

AE sent me an e-mail with a 15% off coupon but it was only for a one time use. I think it's because I signed up for the newsletter.

I know someone who lives in the USA - they gave it out on a flyer from one of the stores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

its actually simple, i discoverd coupons like this before christmas, with a quick google of 'American Eagle Coupons'
    this website came up http://www.retailmenot.com/view/ae.com, keep an eye on it, when a new one becomes available someone will upload it. Although i dont think we'll be seeing one for a while now as they seem to be really pushing their 'Buy one tee get another 1/2 price'

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

New working coupon that's valid until April 20th. 15% Off again!

Taken from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/ae.com

Thanks also to OP.

kearnsr wrote: »
    No. Why would you ask?

curious........always like to know where theres a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Tails142

I placed my order on monday night - got an email back saying order received etc
    Thank you for ordering from ae.com. We began processing your order as soon as you placed it. For this reason, orders cannot be changed or cancelled once they are placed. You will receive a shipping confirmation e-mail as soon as we ship your order.

Still havent heard anything back and when I check my order on the site it still says processing - anyone experiencing similar?

Tails142 wrote: »
    I placed my order on monday night - got an email back saying order received etc

Still havent heard anything back and when I check my order on the site it still says processing - anyone experiencing similar?

I ordered Monday night too and have the same message. Reading back on this thread there seems to be occasional delays on 'processing'. Easter and Monday being the final day of that coupon might be causing a backlog.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I ordered on Tuesday (which was the last day) and got an email straingt away.

I'm still awaiting a tracking number but I assume the order has been processed as the first 2 times I ordered my order was cancelled straght away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

WIZWEB wrote: »
    New working coupon that's valid until April 20th. 15% Off again!

Taken from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/ae.com

Thanks also to OP.

Nice one cheers :D

The 15% off coupon works with in conjunction with t-shirts in the clearance section and you get 50% off the 2nd t-shirt as well (if that makes sense!)

The wardrobes full of American Eagle stuff at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

nice one WIZWEB.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Got stung for Eur47.23 custom charges on an order for $162.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

AE discounts available here. And they work. Just used one for 15% off.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/ae.com

• Advertisement

Here is another coupon for 20% off up to and including April 2nd. (Not Tested)

Taken from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/ae.com today. (Thanx again to abcxyz123 and OP)

Hope my stuff arrives before April 2nd so I can judge sizes and get more. I'm getting a little concerned about my original 'Large Tall' T-shirt choices. I'm 6'1" and average build. Anyone now if I'll be swimming in these?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Here is another coupon for 20% off up to and including April 2nd. (Not Tested)

Taken from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/ae.com today. (Thanx again to abcxyz123 and OP)

Hope my stuff arrives before April 2nd so I can judge sizes and get more. I'm getting a little concerned about my original 'Large Tall' T-shirt choices. I'm 6'1" and average build. Anyone now if I'll be swimming in these?!

Thanks wizweb, just used that coupon for myself and wife to get some new threads. With discount it was around $138 excl shipping of $40 - think only the merchandise value goes on package so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

So customs isn't charged on shipping? just on the material cost, as in the clothes.

Mine was 147 without shipping, 190 with, and didnt get charged, still happy about it.

It must be charged on just clothes then because I was just under 150 without shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've ordered 3 parcels from AE in recent weeks, varying in value from USD100
    to USD 170 each excluding shipping. I was only charged Customs on one,
    it was a parcel valued at USD 145 + shipping. Customs is calculated on the
    price of the goods and shipping. It's hit and miss whether you will be
    charged but don't be surprised if you are - even with customs the clothes
    are good value. The parcel I was charged Customs on was the 'heaviest'
    box of the three and not the highest value parcel - am not sure if that's any
    help or indication of how they decide which items to check.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Just to let those concerned about getting email confirmation, I got a confirmation email as soon as I ordered on Monday evening and then got another email letting me know they had shipped this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Same here. Kinda bent it takes so long but anyhew....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Actually, on further inspection it looks like I have a problem! The email about my order being shipped only listed the two t shirts and the one shirt I ordered, and not the pair of jeans. I looked up the order tracking on the site and it listed the jeans as cancelled, seems that the size I ordered them in might have been out of stock when I ordered them (they're out of stock now anyway). Still, it would have been helpful of them to send off an email to let me know about this before they went ahead and shipped the rest of my order. I've sent an email off to them about it so I'll see what happens, hopefully won't have to put through another order and pay for more shipping!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    You dont need to track down any place to fax them, i just took a picture of my driving license and a credit card statement and emailed it on to them. Got an email within a few hours saying my order would now be processed.

I had to send them a statement and ID also. I emailed it yesterday and got an email saying they still weren't able to verify it.

Have emailed them back but seems strange. I bought stuff from them two weeks ago, with the same card. Might just cancel and reorder

It doesn't seem to be worth it for all the unnecessary hastle regarding id etc.....

Took me a few hours to convince my father to send them the address and phone number details. They respond asking for his statement and id....

WTF!!!!
    If the order is being sent to the same addy as billing whats the problem??? Its retarded!!!

Not a chance i'll be able to convince my father to send a copy of the statement and id.
    Time to get my own credit card i think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    I had to send them a statement and ID also. I emailed it yesterday and got an email saying they still weren't able to verify it.

Have emailed them back but seems strange. I bought stuff from them two weeks ago, with the same card. Might just cancel and reorder

The canceling and reordering will flag in there system. You will still have to confirm because they cant due to the Data Protection act it seems

Advertisement