Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

How long were you in for. When do you find out if you get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭rockagusroll

I was in for about a half hour. Find out end of july/start of august and then its medicals...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paddyjones

I had an interview with the esb and was called bck for a medical last week which i also passed, do you reckon that means i have the job now or is there still a good chance of not getting it, also if i did get the job are the first 6 months training still down in portlaoise?

What does the medical invlove does anyone know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

paddyjones wrote: »
    What does the medical invlove does anyone know?

Full cavity search!

are you worried about something?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Medical invovles colour vision test, hearing test, piss test and a few minutes of being prodded by a doctor

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 alaun

Anyone any idea what the interview is like - what needs to be covered? How long have these interviews been going on - any how many interviewed?

bassey wrote: »
    Medical invovles colour vision test, hearing test, piss test and a few minutes of being prodded by a doctor

When does the medical usually take place?

Davy wrote: »
    Full cavity search!

are you worried about something?

nope just wondering what it involves

paddyjones wrote: »
    When does the medical usually take place?

Umm.. can't really remember, I think it's around the end of July/start of August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 walsh120

alaun wrote: »
    Have just been called for interview - does anyone know how many they are interviewing or how many they are taking on. Any idea of what the interviews are like.
    hey i got called aswel :) my interview is on d 14th of july.. when is yours on?? do you know how much people got called and how much jobs are going ??? my cousin works for them and said that they got over 40000 applications:eek:

• Advertisement

anyone know how long the interviews go on for, what kind of questions are asked???? please, im nervous:(

If they got 40000 applications, we did well to get this far.... have no idea about the interviews, maybe someone who has might let us know. mine is on 21st July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tcrolwey

Gipo2, how did interview go? Hope you get it. What questions were you asked please?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kevin warren

Had interview July 9th. Went well. Asked to do another aptitude test next week. Anyone else doing this test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ZZZZZ!

Hi there,
    Just wondering can anyone tell me what an ESB apprentice is paid at each different phase? (approx.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ZZZZZ! wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Just wondering can anyone tell me what an ESB apprentice is paid at each different phase? (approx.)

Pay doesn't change with the 7 phases of the apprenticeship. The rate increase on the day of employment each year. Roughly i would say it goes from €180 to €520 from start to finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Th3Dude

hey everybody, i did my interview an now i gota do another aptitude test, but i was suppose to email some1 with wat date an time i wanted, but i lost the letter the email address was on. can any1 help me out with that email address, i dont wanna miss that test! cheers.

Yo. Here's that email address training@pfh.ie best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Th3Dude

thanks dude, ur a lifesaver!

Any body got any idea what the apptitude test for the engineering degree is like?

• Advertisement

its tough enough, based on a 3rd level engineering degree course we were told. 5 different sections in total. maths, comprehension and logic are the topics as far as i remember.

cheers, thanks for that info. best of luck to you with it.

The aptitude test for the engineering isn't all that bad, it's kinda daunting at first but if you have your head about ya it's not so bad. If ya did good in pass maths it shouldn't pose too much of a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 greenranger

Did everyone who went to the interviews get called for the engineering aptitude tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 greenranger

Did everyone who went for interviews get called to take the engineering aptitude tests does anyone know or has the selection been whittled down?....... apologies for the double posting,still getting used to the scene.

If they got 40000 applications, we did well to get this far.... have no idea about the interviews, maybe someone who has might let us know. mine is on 21st July.
    ya we did very well:) ar u doing the aptitude test for the option of the engineering course?? sorry if i seen this yesterday i could have he;ped you, but i only seen it now, hope u did good :pac: what did you think of it ? i tout it was grand, didnt ask anything too hard anyway?? and finally, do u no when we will get called for medical if we get called??

Have just been called for interview - does anyone know how many they are interviewing or how many they are taking on. Any idea of what the interviews are like.
    iv done the interview this year .its grand out . do u no when wel find out if we get called for a medical? and dont worry about the interview, there really helpful.

Ya.interview went well I think.. . Would love to get it. Hopefully it will come good. Not sure what the story is with apt test for engineering. They said something about sorting out people for eng. after 2nd year and if this is the case, whats the point of apt test tomorrow. They said it would be 3/4 weeks before we know if we got it and then medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

I rememeber doing that yonks ago.
    I finally ended up in a workshop on Mount Street doing an exam.

We were all given instructions, and as we started,
    it was then that I realised that the odds of getting a place were stacked against me.

You see, I was just a kid, having done the leaving,
    and I was competing with guys who were already working in the trade, 1st year apprentices, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

it's not always a plus-previous experience
    if you have picked up a lot of bad habits

some guys can't make the tea properly

and go back to work during the 1st morning break

Advertisement