Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sky2010

walsh120 wrote: »
    JUST got called for a medical next monday :D do you think il get it now or do they call extra ?

Just wonderin when did you do your interview, did mine in mid July but still no word.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

sky2010 wrote: »
    Just wonderin when did you do your interview, did mine in mid July but still no word.......:(

July 16th in Dublin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 walsh120

did mine on 14th of July in Portlaois :) passed the medical anyway, just waiting to hear back now:D

anyone do the medical and hear back from them yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Munster1985

walsh120 wrote: »
    anyone do the medical and hear back from them yet??

I did the medical monday Heard nothing yet anyway. hopefully hear something on monday morning....

all this waiting would drive ya mad

• Advertisement

I did the medical monday Heard nothing yet anyway. hopefully hear something on monday morning....

all this waiting would drive ya mad
    ya same with me, monday morning i did it :rolleyes: i dont no when wel hear because theres people not doing there medical until the end of next week, they might wait until there all done??:eek::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 slamb

:cool: heya i done the medical for the esb on teusday last ,passed it i think ,just wondrin does anyone know when i should get word back ,or when the apprentiship starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

The apprenticeship usually starts in the first few weeks of September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 slamb

:cool: cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Dawg

Did you hear anything back from them yet...???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sky2010

Hey, still no word not even a rejection letter....it very fustrating would like to know either way.....has anyone else heard noting at all????

Hey, still no word not even a rejection letter....it very fustrating would like to know either way.....has anyone else heard noting at all????
    well, nothing at all??? you should ring them before the medicals finish up because maybe your application got lost or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 upjohn90

hey.. i havent heard anything back from them yet either. Its getting very frustrating at this point. Anybody have a number that i can use to get through to them. I tried using the main esb networks number that they give on the website, but they werent helpful at all.

upjohn90 wrote: »
    hey.. i havent heard anything back from them yet either. Its getting very frustrating at this point. Anybody have a number that i can use to get through to them. I tried using the main esb networks number that they give on the website, but they werent helpful at all.
    this is the number that came with the email for the medical >> 01 7026745 .. hope you get it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Rebal4eva101

Got a call today and got the job startin 30th august :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

Well done to all of you who've got through to the medicals. Is everybody who got called for the medicals going for the engineering? I didn't apply for the engineering and I haven't heard anything at all from them. I'm hoping that they are employing the engineers first and then going to call the rest of us for medicals. What do ye think? Am I only kidding myself?????

Got a call today and got the job startin 30th august :D:D:D

Got Called too. See ya up there Rebal.

Just a bit of advice for anyone who got through and is starting in Port Laoise soon. There's only a handful of decent digs there, so get the list of digs off HR and start ringing!

Got Called too. See ya up there Rebal.
    i didnt hear nothing after the medicals yet anyway :confused: well done;)

bassey wrote: »
    Just a bit of advice for anyone who got through and is starting in Port Laoise soon. There's only a handful of decent digs there, so get the list of digs off HR and start ringing!
    Not doing medical until wednesday but wud anyone be up 4 getting a house in portlaois, not jumping ahead of myself hust tryin to be organised! would be better than the digs setup!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shock Of The Lightning

i got called for a medical on the 20th of august,jus wonderin if any1 knows when the apprenticeship starts coz ive a holiday booked for the 6th of september til d 15th!the woman interviewer told me it wud probably b d end of september but ****in eh now coz im dien 4 me holz n dnt wana giv em up!

i got called for a medical on the 20th of august,jus wonderin if any1 knows when the apprenticeship starts coz ive a holiday booked for the 6th of september til d 15th!the woman interviewer told me it wud probably b d end of september but ****in eh now coz im dien 4 me holz n dnt wana giv em up!

Im in exact sime position lad! Santa ponsa booked for sept 11th! F**k it....
    Ya cant really miss d first week can we?

Well what happened last year was 20 of us started on the 31st of August, then another 20 started the Monday after, and it went on like that for a few weeks. So you could be starting anytime around September.

About getting a house/apartment in Port Loaise, it's definately a bit of craic, but when you add in the money ya spend on food and that (and you most likely won't get yer deposit back) it doesn't work out much cheaper than digs.

whats the schedual like for the first year Bassey? Will we be spending most of our time in portlaoise? What are they like about assigning you to a base will they put you in your home town? Im hoping to get cork.

You have to do a 2 week induction in Portlaoise, then a 4 week Module 1. Usually these two take place in one block of 6 weeks but sometimes you get sent back to base after 2 weeks then come back.

If you're from Cork you'll probably get based in Wilton. But that being said, they can base you anywhere.

Other than that you usually do 3 month stints in different sections like Overheads, Cables, Stations, Faults, Operations, HV Lines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

Thanks for that Bassey. Appreciate your advice. There's still hope yet so......

Cheers Bassey. Got the contract this morning anyway just sent it back there now.

The letter said 2 week induction in Portlaoise but they dont say anything about finding accommodation or allowances for accommodation?:confused:

Ring HR and they'll send you a list of places to stay in Portlaoise.

If you read the contract it should have the all the details regarding pay and expenses. Either way, don't worry about it, you'll be covered, it'll all be explained on yer first few days, just enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shock Of The Lightning

Cheers Bassey. Got the contract this morning anyway just sent it back there now.

The letter said 2 week induction in Portlaoise but they dont say anything about finding accommodation or allowances for accommodation?:confused:
    you got your contract?does it say when your starting date is in Portlaoise?

• Advertisement

ya start date is 30th of august. but that could just be the first group?

Advertisement