Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

I haven't heard anything yet either. Did the interview in July and nothing yet. Maybe this will be the week I hear something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sky2010

foreverme wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything yet either. Did the interview in July and nothing yet. Maybe this will be the week I hear something.

Hopefully we'll hear something this week...hope its not too late....wonder have they filled all the places yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Don't want to sound crude, but if you haven't heard anything by now I'd be nearly 100% certain that you won't be getting a place this year.

However I know of loads of people that didn't get in one year but re-applied the next year and got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sky2010

bassey wrote: »
    Don't want to sound crude, but if you haven't heard anything by now I'd be nearly 100% certain that you won't be getting a place this year.

However I know of loads of people that didn't get in one year but re-applied the next year and got in.

Im kinda thinking the same but wish they would just let me know.....the waiting would kill ya....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shock Of The Lightning

Has any1 sorted ou digs yet? i got a list off HR and there fairly far away so not sure wer t go?doesnt look like theres any buses or anything?any1 hav any info bou how der gna get der anall?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Has any1 sorted ou digs yet? i got a list off HR and there fairly far away so not sure wer t go?doesnt look like theres any buses or anything?any1 hav any info bou how der gna get der anall?

Please use the English language guys as per the charter.

Well done to everyone who has secured an apprenticeship.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Id nearly rent a house! digs is handy, but a pain in the a$$ at the same time! as for busses, iv the car so no worries for me there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jonooooooo

can someone fill me in on how to get them to pay for accomadation.. lost my copy of the contract :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 walsh120

did anyone who sent back the contract get anything back after it ?? just wondering:rolleyes:

walsh120 wrote: »
    did anyone who sent back the contract get anything back after it ?? just wondering:rolleyes:
    well i didnt, dont think your supposed to though.

• Advertisement

anyone start yet? Whats the story?

3rd day today have the safe pass tomorrow

Any1 havin problems with accomodation the week starting the 20th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 walsh120

TheBully wrote: »
    Any1 havin problems with accomodation the week starting the 20th?
    ya its mad dear the week of the ploughing :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Dawg

Ya i had the same problem.....spent half the day looking for somewhere to stay...got some hotel for 35quid..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 upjohn90

what hotel is that?? i cant find anywhere

Im thinkin of stayin in Carlow or somewhere cos i can get nowhere to stay at all! whats that hotel you got called?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

At a guess, the Maldron. They are usually pretty cheap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You cant always go by online prices, i know from experience with hotels including maldrons. Also have paid €35 for a stay in a maldron for room only but had free use of pool gym etc

• Advertisement

Rang there but reservations is closed !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Finished my apprenticship with the ESB 25 years ago today. Anyone else here that would have been in the "Board" at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

dingding wrote: »
    Finished my apprenticship with the ESB 25 years ago today. Anyone else here that would have been in the "Board" at that time.

You missed me by a hairs breadth, unless they kept you on for a bit:)

Kept me on for 3 months working in "contracts" fitting storage heaters, lagging jackets, immersion timers and knock runway lighting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Kept me on for 3 months working in "contracts" fitting storage heaters, lagging jackets, immersion timers and knock runway lighting :)

God be with the days, I did about ten years in there. Ended up in PL, but jumped ship about two years before they sold it to Scottish Power.

Hard to imagine that ESB wired houses one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I started 23 years ago in sept,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

God be with the days, I did about ten years in there. Ended up in PL, but jumped ship about two years before they sold it to Scottish Power.

Hard to imagine that ESB wired houses one time.

Yes it is, i did a few with them, and loads of the storage heaters, no RCD`s on showers at that time i dont think, or immersions.

Storage heaters, Earth Rods etc....

Great variety of experience back then.

Appliance Repair
    Elements in toasters and kettles
    Plugtops on new appliances
    Calling to peoples houses to fix cookers and twin tubs

Contracts
    Storage Heating
    Lagging Jackets

District Work
    Mainly reading and installing meters.
    Replacing HT fuses during outages
    Reading Max Demand meters once a month

Stations
    Spent a lot of time drilling the angle iron fences and extending them by a foot
    Wiring CVs and VTs in the middle of winter freezing

Metering
    Making CT meter cabinets

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Yes it is, i did a few with them, and loads of the storage heaters, no RCD`s on showers at that time i dont think, or immersions.

Yes I done a 2 up 2 down terace house in 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Gipo3

good stuff

Advertisement