Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

havent heard of any other synthetic option to preseed, but sounds gross have you heard of room temp egg yolk?
    think its actually in the book tcoyf!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

cyning wrote: »
    Hey ive been lurking here for ages and hopefully someone can help me: i need an alternative to preseed: i need something but preseed really doesnt agree with me!! Anyone any ideas??

Hmm, you might need to check with your doc re that one. Have you identified an allergy to something in the preseed?

I would have thought a teency bit of some other kind of oil that doesn't irritate you would do the trick. Or maybe there is a KY jelly with no spermicide that won't affect you?

On the internal side of things, I've heard mention above but evening primrose oil (taken in capsules) & a bit of a certain kind of cough medicine is supposed to help you're own natural fluids. Have a look back on a few posts earlier.

I'm trying out the evening primrose oil at the moment, just started

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

cyning wrote: »
    Hey ive been lurking here for ages and hopefully someone can help me: i need an alternative to preseed: i need something but preseed really doesnt agree with me!! Anyone any ideas??

I noticed a couple of sperm friendly lubes in boots the other day - Replens, and Conceive Plus, I think were the names. Its a bit hit and miss with some lubes . I found before ttc that KY just triggered thrush with me, and one of the durex ones. Preseed works great for me so will be using it non ttc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

hi girls, remember i had my m/c this day 2wks ago, today i had pains in my left side so used an opk stick, turns out im ovulating, is this normal? does that mean af may be due in 2wks?...not sure now ??...goin to dtd anywhoo and hope for the best ;)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Play Bunny wrote: »
    hi girls, remember i had my m/c this day 2wks ago, today i had pains in my left side so used an opk stick, turns out im ovulating, is this normal? does that mean af may be due in 2wks?...not sure now ??...goin to dtd anywhoo and hope for the best ;)

I think if your body is ready (and by the sounds of it, it is) and you yourself are emotionally ready, then go for it. :)

I was told by a nurse in the fertility clinic that the pains were not actual ovulation pains, but ovarian pains prior to ovulation. In my case the pain came on day 10, so since I was due to get scanned on day 12 and inject then to ovulate on day 14, I was worried that when I went in I had missed that months oppertunity. But as I saw in the scan, I was well in time. So your period might be 16 days from now, as the OPK picks up the LH surge about 24 hrs prior to ovulation, thus giving you time to have a pre and post ovulation shag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Neyite wrote: »
    I think if your body is ready (and by the sounds of it, it is) and you yourself are emotionally ready, then go for it. :)

I was told by a nurse in the fertility clinic that the pains were not actual ovulation pains, but ovarian pains prior to ovulation. In my case the pain came on day 10, so since I was due to get scanned on day 12 and inject then to ovulate on day 14, I was worried that when I went in I had missed that months oppertunity. But as I saw in the scan, I was well in time. So your period might be 16 days from now, as the OPK picks up the LH surge about 24 hrs prior to ovulation, thus giving you time to have a pre and post ovulation shag.

happy days :), i had a feelin the last day or so i might be on schedule to ov but wasnt to sure with the m/c and all so happy bunny this morning, wouldnt mind i had ordered more opk sticks but sure we shall see how this goes.. :) if things work out this mth i will not be saying it to any family member, well bar mam who i see every day nearly and would guess a mile off... roll on bed time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

havent heard of any other synthetic option to preseed, but sounds gross have you heard of room temp egg yolk?

I just couldn't!!! I think himself would have an absolutely freak attack aswell if I came near him with it haha!!
    Mink wrote: »
    Hmm, you might need to check with your doc re that one. Have you identified an allergy to something in the preseed?

Ky Jelly and Preseed both trigger a massive case of thrush: and the Preseed brough me out in hives when I put some on my leg to see what happened so just not for me!! Benilyn isn't reccomended for people with thyroid problems (god I feel like I am all problems today!! :rolleyes:) I've started the Evening Primrose Oil so fingers crossed that might help!!
    Neyite wrote: »
    I noticed a couple of sperm friendly lubes in boots the other day - Replens, and Conceive Plus, I think were the names. Its a bit hit and miss with some lubes .

Thanks a million I'll try those two!

I'm seriously hoping its going to be this month: we were on honeymoon so I'm hoping all those good vibes will help ;) : we've being trying trying since January and haven't been really careful for about a year before that so I'm trying positive thinking this month!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

longingforbaby, I'm really intrigued by the egg yolk option! Not sure if I'd try it myself but it's interesting all the same the alternatives out there!

Cyning, could you try something like Maca that increase cervical mucus as an alternative?

Playbunny, the very best of luck with this months cycle x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Cyning, could you try something like Maca that increase cervical mucus as an alternative?

I've looked into it (and asked my doctor after reading about it here!). It can cause issues for people with Thyroid problems so can't take the chance!

He did reccomend trying evening primrose oil though so I only started taking that this week so hopefully it might help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

That's a pity about the maca, fingers crossed the primrose will do the job instead :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

CYNING I had about 20mls of robitussin 2/3 days before positive ovulation test and had been taking the Maca too, it did the trick. Also keep yourself well hydrated!!
    Im now 7 days past ovulation and getting more paranoid by the day. Wondering if we did the deed in time or too late, too early in the morning or too late at night...My post ovulation temps are still up but Ive got cramps :rolleyes:
    Went for a run yesterday so that helped clear my head for a little while but the curried chips later on gave me bad stomach ache!!
    Lesson learned - Run, yes. Chips, no...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Fri.Day wrote: »
    CYNING I had about 20mls of robitussin 2/3 days before positive ovulation test and had been taking the Maca too, it did the trick. Also keep yourself well hydrated!!
    Im now 7 days past ovulation and getting more paranoid by the day. Wondering if we did the deed in time or too late, too early in the morning or too late at night...My post ovulation temps are still up but Ive got cramps :rolleyes:
    Went for a run yesterday so that helped clear my head for a little while but the curried chips later on gave me bad stomach ache!!
    Lesson learned - Run, yes. Chips, no...
    Good luck friday :)
    I was recommended vitamin e by a friendly midwife. Helps regulate cervical mucus and has some other unknown benefits in TTC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey ladies hope you all keeping well?
    Good luck to all the two week waiters and get to it if your near ovulation time!!! Ah my poor hubbie misses the timetabled regular jiggy!!!
    So i just wanted to say this bit of info - i was thinking the other day about my trying to conceive process and the only difference between the month we conceived this time and the 12 cycles before that was that i was taking 75mg aspirin (quarter of a disprin 300mg tablet that you can get over the counter in a pharmacy - you cant get the low strength!) every day for the two week wait and for about 10 days after i got my positive test. I dont know if it was just chance that i had a successful month but it may well be worth a try!!
    i wussed out after the ten days and got afraid it might be harming the baby but i think that it could haverealy helped with the implantation process and so made the little bean alot stickier!!
    Anyway - its only something that seemed to work for me and clearly i have no medical knowledge so i would always recommend discussing this with your gp as it may not be a good idea for you!
    Really hope this is a lucky month for you all, ill keep my fingers and toes crossed!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ballybabe

just got my period again. been on menopur and IUI for 3 months. really thought that this time it was going to work and was so hopeful ( did the praying, resting, no exercise and no alcohol for last 6 months) just want to know has anyone done more than 3 IUI's. We've been told that it's 3 or 4 and have another appointment with consultant on 24th of this month so going to have a rest this month. Just so frightened that this is it and it's going to have to be IVF and as we are low income people we wont able to afford it. as ye all know it just gets harder and harder. I'm sick of people telling me i'm young (31) but i've had lap and dye and so many tests and they put me on the very low fertile (boarder infertile) so depressing and I haven't told anyone only my boss cos of all the time off work for scans etc!!! feel like banging a brick wall but where would that get me (sore head!!)
    any advice or success stories would be grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Peanut6

JulyBreeze - make sure Mary takes B12. This is often forgotten about. It is as essential for tissue growth/maintenance as folic acid. The doctors in my clinic are ALWAYS asking me if I'm on it so it must be important ;)

Is this really true? I miscarried at the end of January after 7 weeks. Just before I miscarried I got bloods taken by my GP and my B12 levels were 312 (as far as I remember). But then come June I was getting very light headed, dizzy fainting spells, etc, so went back to my GP. He took bloods and it turned out I was vitamin B12 deficient. He prescribed a course of 5 weeks of B12 injections. When I went to my lovely friendly pharmacist to pick up the B12 she said that she thought that the reason my results in Jan came back normal was because I was pregnant and that my normal levels essentially came from the baby/placenta (can't remember exactly which).

From reading what you said above, does that mean that I miscarried because I was vitamin B12 deficient? I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a crazy person but it's hard to think that it was my fault that I miscarried ya know? As I'm sure many of you know, dealing with a miscarriage is unbelievably hard to deal with as it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Peanut I miscarried in early august at 9 weeks and I still quietly blame myself for not being hydrated, working 12 hour days, sit-ups and that pint I had the night before my wedding, forgetting the folic acid on occasion, an entirely endless list...
    All we can do is improve our efforts going forward, June was a long time after January so don`t blame yourself.
    So earlier I broke and tested and got a negative :( still it might have been too early to test...9 days after ovulation...foolishly I`m still hopeful (evening pee!).....oh god the madness:rolleyes::mad:

ballybabe wrote: »
    just got my period again. been on menopur and IUI for 3 months. really thought that this time it was going to work and was so hopeful ( did the praying, resting, no exercise and no alcohol for last 6 months) just want to know has anyone done more than 3 IUI's. We've been told that it's 3 or 4 and have another appointment with consultant on 24th of this month so going to have a rest this month. Just so frightened that this is it and it's going to have to be IVF and as we are low income people we wont able to afford it. as ye all know it just gets harder and harder. I'm sick of people telling me i'm young (31) but i've had lap and dye and so many tests and they put me on the very low fertile (boarder infertile) so depressing and I haven't told anyone only my boss cos of all the time off work for scans etc!!! feel like banging a brick wall but where would that get me (sore head!!)
    any advice or success stories would be grateful

we are on a low income too, and I am 36 so I totally get where you are coming from. I didnt get as far as IUI, but myself and my partner were prepared to take out loans to cover IVF if needed. I'm a worrier, he is more laid back and would have had faith that we would manage when it came down to it, whereas I needed to see how we could afford it.

I wish you well on the treatment, and hope it works shortly for you. And you have us here to vent to, so dont feel alone :) all of us have felt the way you feel now. Hugs.

Fri.day - its probably too early to test yet. I tested on my period due date and even on a first response it was faint. And remember, first pee of the morning...dont sit on the subs bench just yet ;)

Peanut6, while those things are good, I believe that what is meant to be is meant to be - you didnt do anything wrong, but its easy to worry that you did. Dont blame yourself, nature is cruel sometimes.

Detective... i've thinking of you this week and hoping the injections are not giving you too much side effects. It would be wonderful if this did the trick for you :)

Ballybabe, if it comes to it you'll find the money. OH & I scrape by just about but if it came to IUI/IVF, we'd get loans, ask for a bit of help, whatever. I think if you decide that you'll make it work if it comes to it then it's like crossing something off your "to do" list as in it's one less thing to worry about right now. That's how it goes for me, I'm a worry wart.

On day 12. Starting OPK's today & the jiggy marathon started last night. Think himself will be away a couple nights during actual ovulation, typical luck.

Good to hear the updates from everyone...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm feeling rotten with a cold/flu thing, I just want to go to sleep until I'm better but when I'm asleep I keep dreaming that I'm even sicker.:rolleyes: It's probably because I was in London for the weekend and the temperature drop after a weekend of 30ºc heat is clobbering me.

I'm at day 17 now and no sign of ovulation according to my monitor. I switched from low to high on day 14 (Sunday) and I've been high ever since. I've read that on the first month using the monitor the machine hasn't "gotten to know you" yet and can't track subtle differences in your hormones, so many women get many days of high with no peak.

We are keeping up the sperm meets egg plan, and have had sex on mornings 10, 12, 14 and 16. If the monitor keeps on giving me high readings we'll just keep going every second day until it drops back to low. And if I get a peak we'll do it each morning of the peak and once more the day after it drops back down to high/low. (As much as I'm desperate to see a peak, I was so glad this morning that it was still high as I was way too sick for sex.:o)

The weird thing is I was convinced I was going to ovulate on Monday. I thought I knew my cycle really well, especially as I tend to be very regular. I was even convinced I had ovulation pains on Monday afternoon. But if the monitor is correct, rather than just getting to know me, that means I have probably missed my ovulation every single month since we started trying as I thought it had come earlier than it had. I feel like an idiot.:(

Hi,
    can anyone who had a hsg tell me if they got their af early that month? mine has come with no spotting signs 4 days early. Had hsg on day 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

dublinlady wrote: »
    Hey ladies hope you all keeping well?
    Good luck to all the two week waiters and get to it if your near ovulation time!!! Ah my poor hubbie misses the timetabled regular jiggy!!!
    So i just wanted to say this bit of info - i was thinking the other day about my trying to conceive process and the only difference between the month we conceived this time and the 12 cycles before that was that i was taking 75mg aspirin (quarter of a disprin 300mg tablet that you can get over the counter in a pharmacy - you cant get the low strength!) every day for the two week wait and for about 10 days after i got my positive test. I dont know if it was just chance that i had a successful month but it may well be worth a try!!
    i wussed out after the ten days and got afraid it might be harming the baby but i think that it could haverealy helped with the implantation process and so made the little bean alot stickier!!
    Anyway - its only something that seemed to work for me and clearly i have no medical knowledge so i would always recommend discussing this with your gp as it may not be a good idea for you!
    Really hope this is a lucky month for you all, ill keep my fingers and toes crossed!! x
    Hum! Hadn't heard of that but sounds interesting. My mc was probably molar so wasn't meant to be but it might be worth me doing it this month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Hi Peanut, don't blame yourself for the m/c you didn't do anything wrong. While I don't believe miscarriages are meant to be I do believe that it's merely about statistics, 1 in 5 pregnancies will miscarry.

There are many causes and some can be categorised as:

Chromosomal - Chromosomal abnormalities are found in more than half of embryos miscarried in the first 13 weeks. A pregnancy with a genetic problem has a 95% probability of ending in miscarriage. Most chromosomal problems happen by chance, have nothing to do with the parents, and are unlikely to recur. Genetic issues though do reoccur and can be the cause of repeat miscarriages.

Hormonal (e.g. low progesterone in early pregnancy can cause miscarriage)

Uterine (problems with womb)

Cervical (Incompetent cervix casue miscarriages in second and third trimesters).

Although I can't say for sure, I highly doubt you could have been able to do anything to prevent it. Once the body decides to have a m/c there's no going back. In relation to the chromosomal issue it's the bodys way of actually protecting the mother and such issues can be threatening to the mother as well as impact on the survival or life quality of the baby.
    I really don't think your B12 deficiency had an impact. Babies are much hardier than that, many survive in the womb even when the mother is using drugs, or binging on alcohol, they are strong little tykes.
    So don't be hard on yourself or your body, take it that your body was looking out for you. when I m/c'd I was thinking for ages 'my stupid body is working against me', I now believe the opposite was true. (((big hugs to you))).

Neyite thanks a mil for thinking of me, hope you keeping well. Any sign of bumpage yet?? :p
    I'm doing ok, bit down last week or so. Haven't started meds yet, but went in and got the crash course on how to inject. I'll be PM'ing you closer to the time if that's ok as no doubt I'll freak out on the first day!
    I'm 13 days past O and am deffo out. Period cramps lurking so I expect it will arrive on Sat/Sun, so injects to start on Mon/Tues.:)

Longingforababy, I had my HSG as part of surgery and it actually prevented my period coming (I was due the day of the surgery) but it never came and a whole other cycle passed by. When it did come it came hard and heavy, and painful. 2 periods for the price of one :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Neyite thanks a mil for thinking of me, hope you keeping well. Any sign of bumpage yet?? :p
    I'm doing ok, bit down last week or so. Haven't started meds yet, but went in and got the crash course on how to inject. I'll be PM'ing you closer to the time if that's ok as no doubt I'll freak out on the first day!
    I'm 13 days past O and am deffo out. Period cramps lurking so I expect it will arrive on Sat/Sun, so injects to start on Mon/Tues.:)

Longingforababy, I had my HSG as part of surgery and it actually prevented my period coming (I was due the day of the surgery) but it never came and a whole other cycle passed by. When it did come it came hard and heavy, and painful. 2 periods for the price of one :rolleyes:

Well, my tummy has changed shape, I'm a bit skinny, but now have a front muffin. But we are doggedly calling it a bump in this house!. This day next week we get our 9+4 week scan. Since one of the twins has a lot less sac, its a little concerning. Trying to drink heaps of water as I read that can help increase amniotic fluid. There are so many foods and things that are off limits- I had no idea! Tiramsu, coleslaw, and all the usual suspects. Dodging pineapple too as an extra precaution. Now that we know its twins, we wouldnt have it any other way. Please god let them be fine :) I reckon my daddy is keeping an eye on them for me. Other than that, I dont feel pregnant at all - no sickness or sore boobs or anything, I am really lucky.

PM all you need. I couldnt bring myself to inject - himself had to do it for me, the one before, the nurse did it for us.

Longingforababy - I had my HSG earlier in my cycle - about day 7 I think. maybe that made a difference? it certainly wasnt much different from the other periods I got. Maybe your womb is having a good clear out to get ready for baba ;)

Thanks, yeah they wanted mine done pre ov.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Neyite wrote:
    Longingforababy - I had my HSG earlier in my cycle - about day 7 I think. maybe that made a difference? it certainly wasnt much different from the other periods I got. Maybe your womb is having a good clear out to get ready for baba wink.gif

Oh here's hoping ;)

Iguana hope you're feeling better. Are you using the clearblue fertility monitor thing?

Neyite glad to hear all going well with the twins. It's so cool reading success stories from women who have to go through quite a lot to conceive

Det Fox - hope either af comes asap or maybe you get a positive! Also I'm going to check out that fertility friend website you mentioned some pages back.

Started OPK's yesterday. I'm so dedicated :rolleyes: that I had to do it in a train station loo as have to do it same time each day. If I'd left it til I was home I would have had to do it at 10pm which is too late. Brought a plastic water cup from work for dipping :D Negative anyway, but at least I'm trying to be consistent this month. I've warned the OH re needing to do it right before he leaves for his trip & that I'll probably be jumping on him in the car when pick him up from airport. I think he liked the idea of that.

Can I ask a gory question? The day after you do the business, do you find that the ahem deposit made the previous night comes out when going to the loo the next day? I have this niggling worry that it's not getting in through my cervix and then just sits in my vajayjay (love the baby talk). Also, it's going to be pretty impossible to determine if I have EWCM if his stuff is hanging around, know what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Can I ask a gory question? The day after you do the business, do you find that the ahem deposit made the previous night comes out when going to the loo the next day? I have this niggling worry that it's not getting in through my cervix and then just sits in my vajayjay (love the baby talk).

Sometimes it doesn't even take that, I go and get a glass of water and some ahem, evacuates! Not sure if it should, but it is the norm for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Iguana hope you're feeling better. Are you using the clearblue fertility monitor thing?

Thanks, the fever seems to have broken anyway so I'm just left with a head cold. It made for some great sex this morning. My husband asked if I was up for it and my answer was that I had no choice but I was leaving my top on as I didn't want to be cold.:o:D

Yeah I'm using the monitor, this is my first month with it. I'm on day 18 now and got another high this morning, my 5th since Sunday. That's the middle reading which means you can get pregnant but aren't likely to. Peak is the reading for when you ovulate but still no sign of that. I'm attempting to read the sticks and today my oestrogen and Lh were about equal, for the last 4 mornings the Oestrogen line was definitely thicker. I'm hoping that tomorrow the Lh line will be thicker and then I might peak on the monitor. But a lot of women who use the monitor report that it takes 2 or 3 cycles for the monitor to know your subtle changes properly and it may not show a peak until month 2 or 3 of use. So we're going to continue on having sex every second day if I don't peak.
    Can I ask a gory question? The day after you do the business, do you find that the ahem deposit made the previous night comes out when going to the loo the next day? I have this niggling worry that it's not getting in through my cervix and then just sits in my vajayjay (love the baby talk). Also, it's going to be pretty impossible to determine if I have EWCM if his stuff is hanging around, know what I mean?

We normally stick to morning sex (with a half hour of hips in the air to follow) and I find that once I get up and move about it mostly comes out and then there will be a few dribs and drabs the next time I use the toilet. I think as long as the semen sits near the cervix it can get to where it needs to. Afaik, only about 200 sperm make it as far as the fallopian tubes so most of it will come back out. And yes, it makes it impossible to read CM ime. Especially if you use a lube like Conceive Plus or Preseed. I always have a moment of WOW! look at all that fantastic mucus! Before I remember that it's just the Conceive Plus.

A lot of women over on the baby and bump site use softcups/diaphragms after sex to keep the sperm inside and up next to the cervix. I used to use a diaphragm as contraceptive so I still have it in my locker and I think I might give that a go next month if I don't get knocked up this time around.

iguana wrote: »
    But a lot of women who use the monitor report that it takes 2 or 3 cycles for the monitor to know your subtle changes properly and it may not show a peak until month 2 or 3 of use. So we're going to continue on having sex every second day if I don't peak.

We normally stick to morning sex (with a half hour of hips in the air to follow) and I find that once I get up and move about it mostly comes out and then there will be a few dribs and drabs the next time I use the toilet. I think as long as the semen sits near the cervix it can get to where it needs to. Afaik, only about 200 sperm make it as far as the fallopian tubes so most of it will come back out. And yes, it makes it impossible to read CM ime. Especially if you use a lube like Conceive Plus or Preseed. I always have a moment of WOW! look at all that fantastic mucus! Before I remember that it's just the Conceive Plus.

A lot of women over on the baby and bump site use softcups/diaphragms after sex to keep the sperm inside and up next to the cervix. I used to use a diaphragm as contraceptive so I still have it in my locker and I think I might give that a go next month if I don't get knocked up this time around.

Thanks Iguana, is this your first month using the fertility monitor? I reckon I didn't do it enough last month around actual ov date as I thought it happened earlier but cos it was an irregular cycle. I had actually recorded on the day I prob ov that I had EWCM & we got down to it that night but I think it was too late & he hadn't done it for a few days prior.

I didn't realise it was only about 200 sperm that actually get to the tubes. The hubby does't think he needs to take vits, he's like "eh excuse me I produce probably 10-20 million sperm in one go, what difference is another few million going to make!". Wait till I tell him, egg (white) on his face.

Soft cup doesn't sound like a bad idea, I think my kegels are quite strong so the stuff comes out of me too easily. We usually do it at night & I go to sleep after (put a pillow under the hips for a little bit first).

Actually Mink, its closer to 300million sperm per ejaculate and a recent programme I watched said that about twenty make it to the tubes :eek:
    Men are awful precious, are'nt they? :p My fella reckoned the doc said that he had super sperm when I actually heard her say the phrase "within normal limits" but no way was the sperm, smoking, drinking, abhorrence of anything fruit or veg he possessed anything to do with us not concieving.

Until after that programme we watched. So I told him that while his sperm may be "super" we needed "super-duper". I told him the vitamins would turn his soldiers into Seal Team 6, as they were clearly lounging around the barracks :D, and to start munching! The programme was an eye opener for both of us, I will see if we still have it recorded to find the name so you can you-tube it

Re the dripping, thats fine. Semen is only the carrier for the sperm, they wiggle their way to the cervix through the fluid (and your own/lubes) whatever comes out afterwards (after about an hour) is merely "the army trucks that dropped them off" ;), to use my earlier analogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi girls, long time reader but finally got the nerve to post up!

We have been ttc for about 9months. I recently was referred to a consultant as i was concerned about my fertility and also the heavy periods I have had since i came off the pill. It turns out I have endemetriosis on both ovaries and will need keyhole surgery. Has anyone else had this? I am a bit upset about it even though I know this should be good news as they havent found anything else wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement