Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hi yellow hen & welcome to the thread. I don't have any knowledge re endometrosis (sp?) but I know there's a few floating around here who should be able to give you some feedback. I'm sure it's a really difficult time getting your head around it. I guess the only silver lining is that you found this out now, and not in three years time. I know I've definitely heard of many many women who have endo but still got pregnant.
    Neyite wrote: »
    I told him the vitamins would turn his soldiers into Seal Team 6, as they were clearly lounging around the barracks :D, ...whatever comes out afterwards (after about an hour) is merely "the army trucks that dropped them off" ;), to use my earlier analogy.

Ha ha, gas! Thanks for the clarification!
    He's into music so maybe if I tell him that vits will, in the case that his sperm was a rock band say, turn them into an Oxygen headlining act.

OPK line was definitely darker than the line yesterday and my CM is getting better, so taking this as a good sign.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hi girls, long time reader but finally got the nerve to post up!

We have been ttc for about 9months. I recently was referred to a consultant as i was concerned about my fertility and also the heavy periods I have had since i came off the pill. It turns out I have endemetriosis on both ovaries and will need keyhole surgery. Has anyone else had this? I am a bit upset about it even though I know this should be good news as they havent found anything else wrong.

Welcome to the hormental forum! :p

I dont have endo, but a cousin did and had the surgery. She got pregnant soon after. :). Hopefully the surgery will sort it out for you and you will get pregnant in no time, but in the meantime this is a great place to get support/vent/celebrate. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

dont have endo either sorry, but friend had surgery for it and got her bfp roughly 3 months after! So good luck!

should say that was after op and 3 months of meds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks girls, here's hoping that surgery resolves the issues and doesnt find anymore! I wasnt sure if my periods were actually that bad or if i was just exaggerating them :confused:

Really hoping this does the trick. Think I'm ovulating over the next 2-3 days so the consultant said I can still try away and they can still do the surgery so why waste the opportunity ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I hit my PEAK!!! I'm feeling so happy about it. I was having pains in my right ovary last night so we'd decided we'd treat it as a peak anyway but when I did the test this morning I peaked. It was so strong on the stick I could have read it without the machine. We had sex straight after I got the result and we'll do it tomorrow, Sunday and Tuesday as well. So that should complete the sperm meets egg plan. This morning was nearly a disaster as right in the middle of the action my husband's alarm went off. I told him to ignore him but it kept bothering him to the point that we had to stop, take a break and try again 20 minutes later.

Then afterwards while I tried to lie with my hips elevated the position made me keep on coughing, really violently and (TMI) it was making my kegels "push." I was seriously worried that I'd lose all the soldiers and trucks (to use Neyite's analogy) so I decided to cover my diaphragm in Conceive Plus and pop that in to keep it all up close to my cervix. I was a bit paranoid that I might be creating a barrier to too much of the troops but I could not stop coughing so it was either that or risk losing it all.

So overall I'm feeling optimistic. Between him being med free and me clearly having a later ovulation than I used to suspect I feel like this month is our first month where we actually stand a chance to conceive. I am a bit worried that I must have a tiny luteal phase, 9-10 days, but hopefully the maca will help that by keeping my progesterone high.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

hi girls ,

trying for babs no 2 at the mo, ov last sun/mon after my mc 4wks ago...anywho smothering with a cold/sore throat :( would u recommend me taking a panadol cold/flu ? on the leflet i have for lemsip max which has paracetamol it says "paracetamol is proven to be safe for use during pregnancy then it says about caution etc to be taken like any medicines, see i dont want to "distrupt" a work in progress (hopefully), i took a neurofen b4 my mc last time not knowing i was preg now not saying it had anythin to do with that but u know urself, any advice appreciated feeling brutal at the mo also got v.little sleep , and ive 1 hyper 19th old lol...gonna be an eventful day me thinks i cant nap when she does as ive 3 dogs that love to bark during the day as soon as they hear a pin drop :(

Paracetamol is fine to take during pregnancy but I'm not sure about decongestants. I suggest starting with one or two paracetamol depending on how bad you feel, with lots and lots of liquids. If you are feeling badly congested washing your nasal passages with a saline solution is probably the safest thing. It's a bit gross but you can buy nasal saline sprays in most pharmacies now. It's made by Calpol and aimed at babies but if it's just salt and water it should be safe for pregnant women.

Menthol and eucalyptus can cause uterine contractions, even from inhaling, so the likes of Vicks should be avoided.

Edit, this is the spray, it says it's fine for pregnant women. http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/calpol-saline-nasal-spray-p1181.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

My best mate was told last year that ordinary Lemsip was fine, but not any of the others.
    My sinus' are in bits this week and I've a trapped nerve in my shoulder but I won't take the Nurofen, just in case. On day 23 so we'll know soon enough, then I can take something when my monthlies come, if they come ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

thanks girls, took one of those lemsips, not gonna take neurofen or anything again so if im in pain i can suffer on :) would be worth it, roll on nxt week when ican test hate this waiting lark...no sign of af anyway or symptoms...

• Advertisement

Hope those with colds are feeling better soon. Got a def positive ov test. Delighted as finally did test right! Hope to get enough jiggy in around OH's trip away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Wow Iguana things are really looking positive this month, sperm meets egg worked for me, best of luck to you and all the 2 WWers :)

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Wow Iguana things are really looking positive this month, sperm meets egg worked for me, best of luck to you and all the 2 WWers :)

Thanks. I had another strong reading on the stick this morning, a thick Lh line and a thin Oestrogen line which means both hormones were still very strong. And it's hard to tell for sure but at the time I took the test this morning I had a lot of egg white type discharge which I think was mine rather than left over Conceive Plus. So I think I definitely ovulated/am ovulating. I'm also getting relatively strong pains in my left ovary today, so I'm secretly hoping I have a double chance this month.

iguana wrote: »
    Thanks. I had another strong reading on the stick this morning, a thick Lh line and a thin Oestrogen line which means both hormones were still very strong. And it's hard to tell for sure but at the time I took the test this morning I had a lot of egg white type discharge which I think was mine rather than left over Conceive Plus. So I think I definitely ovulated/am ovulating. I'm also getting relatively strong pains in my left ovary today, so I'm secretly hoping I have a double chance this month.

Looks like we're ovulating around the same time, we will have to suffer the two week wait together as well :rolleyes:

Mink wrote: »
    Looks like we're ovulating around the same time, we will have to suffer the two week wait together as well :rolleyes:

Lets aim to be bump buddies!:p I think I'm going to be nutty this wait. Now that I've worked out how to read the oestrogen lines on my monitor sticks, and because I know that oestrogen levels stay high if you are pregnant I suspect I'll end up testing myself throughout the wait to see if it stays high.:o

I am definitely a bit worried that my luteal phase is very short. If this is a normal cycle my period would be due on the Mon/Tue after next, which is much too short for implantation. On the bright side if I do get my period when I would have initially expected it at least a short luteal phase is something that is usually quite fixable with Clomid or HCG shots. But if I make it to Thursday fortnight without a period that means my luteal phase is ok, at least.

I have a course in Galway on day 13 and 14 past ovulation (Thursday and Friday) and I had planned to go visit my parents in Limerick for the weekend instead of coming straight back to Dublin. But now I know that if my period doesn't come I'll be rushing straight back to Dublin to test on Saturday morning. I don't really think I want to be on the other side of the country from my husband if I do get a positive. It'll be bad enough if my period arrives while I'm in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Iguana, progesterone levels high after ovulation, oestrogen high after period?!?! ;)
    All these hormones it`s hard to tell...

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Iguana, progesterone levels high after ovulation, oestrogen high after period?!?! ;)

They both stay high and rise if you get pregnant. In fact high oestrogen levels is the most usual cause of morning sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

This is my first month of proper trying ekk!! Any tips?

javagal wrote: »
    This is my first month of proper trying ekk!! Any tips?

Have sex every 2nd day from cycle day 5, then every day for 5/6 days when you see fertile cervical mucus resembling egg white ;)

Iguana thanks for that, I certainly don`t know everything YET :D
    If I ever manage to have a baby, I`ll suffer 9 months of morning sickness no bother..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Fri.Day wrote: »
    iguana wrote: »
    They both stay high and rise if you get pregnant. In fact high oestrogen levels is the most usual cause of morning sickness.

Also if you're temping it is the rise in progesterone that causes your temps to rise if you are pregnant ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Ladies,
    Hope you can help me with some advice here.
    I always have a regular 27/28 day cycle, am never early.
    Six days before my period was due, I had some spotting which turned into a very light short period which only lasted for 48hours while my normal period starts out heavy and lasts for 4/5 days. Is this just my body playing tricks on me or is it possibly an implantation bleed? Some googling suggested implantation bleeding is just spotting but this was definitely more than that.
    I normally have a pretty heavy flow and pass some clots (sorry if tmi!) but this was just red blood, no clots, also (again sorry if tmi), it didnt smell like period blood.
    Am desperate to get pregnant, it would be a dream come true.
    dont know whether to test or not, or even when i should test?
    I know there are several of you ladies that are experts on ttc and would love some advice?

onofakind wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    Hope you can help me with some advice here.
    I always have a regular 27/28 day cycle, am never early.
    Six days before my period was due, I had some spotting which turned into a very light short period which only lasted for 48hours while my normal period starts out heavy and lasts for 4/5 days. Is this just my body playing tricks on me or is it possibly an implantation bleed? Some googling suggested implantation bleeding is just spotting but this was definitely more than that.
    I normally have a pretty heavy flow and pass some clots (sorry if tmi!) but this was just red blood, no clots, also (again sorry if tmi), it didnt smell like period blood.
    Am desperate to get pregnant, it would be a dream come true.
    dont know whether to test or not, or even when i should test?
    I know there are several of you ladies that are experts on ttc and would love some advice?
    Hi,
    How long did it last? Mine was like this last week but that was because I had hsg scan this month so reckon that is what brought it on early and so "fresh".
    My mother had full bleeds up to 6 months on me!...
    I am no expert so I would say test, have you been temping? If you have and your temps dropped after ov would just say its an early period, from ov'ing earlier in the month. Your luteal phase is "normally" the same lenght everymonth.
    Am sure there are other posters here with more expertise...

Good luck to your on your journey!

longinforababy,
    thanks for replying. havent been temping so have no clue temp wise.
    think i did ov early this month as had ov pains aound five days early but also had same pains when i was expecting to ov....confusing!!!
    bleeding lasted less than 48 hours and is definitely finished even tho i'm not actually due af until tomorrow.
    keep thinking i might be as was feeling nauseous this morning and am sooooo tired...but then i think i'm just making myself feel like that because i want it so much! driving myself crazy :) i think i'l test later in the week even tho it'l prob be a BFN and then i'l be all disappointed...the things we women put ourselves thru when ttc!
    How are you doing? If this isnt the month for us, its off to the docs with us...finally! altho am so scared bout going! am like an ostrich, head in the sand just hoping for the best...am terrified that either i'l be told i'l never be able to get pregnant or else will be able to if we do x treatment that we just cant afford. Sorry for the rant! seeing the positivity of the women in this thread is so inspiring and really helps me...so thanks to everyone on here for sharing their stories x

onofakind wrote: »
    longinforababy,
    thanks for replying. havent been temping so have no clue temp wise.
    think i did ov early this month as had ov pains aound five days early but also had same pains when i was expecting to ov....confusing!!!
    bleeding lasted less than 48 hours and is definitely finished even tho i'm not actually due af until tomorrow.
    keep thinking i might be as was feeling nauseous this morning and am sooooo tired...but then i think i'm just making myself feel like that because i want it so much! driving myself crazy :) i think i'l test later in the week even tho it'l prob be a BFN and then i'l be all disappointed...the things we women put ourselves thru when ttc!
    How are you doing? If this isnt the month for us, its off to the docs with us...finally! altho am so scared bout going! am like an ostrich, head in the sand just hoping for the best...am terrified that either i'l be told i'l never be able to get pregnant or else will be able to if we do x treatment that we just cant afford. Sorry for the rant! seeing the positivity of the women in this thread is so inspiring and really helps me...so thanks to everyone on here for sharing their stories x

Hi Oneofakind. I hope you get your BFP!
    When do you reckon you ovulated? I think it's safe enough to test if your AF is due tomorrow. Just do it with first pee of the morning as it's more concentrated.
    Best of luck! How long you TTC for?

Hi Mink,
    Am almost embarrassed to say this...but we've been off birth control for 3 and a half years, properly trying for about 2 and a half! I know we should have seen doc before now but its hard to get up the courage. How are you?

well if it has only lasted 2 days then you never know!!!
    Take the test anyway.
    Mink is right, poas first thing in the morning! Better to spend the money on poas than spend a week wondering!

As for going to the doc, well done! We took 6 years before we went to the doc...
    First we were told dh was azoo, 2 years down the line we got doc to refer us to cfc.
    They did sa test twice and turned out he was not azoo!
    I had internal scan and hsg done, unexplained fertility.
    We have been referred to CUMH to see if we qualify for IUI under HSE as we have been trying for just over 8 years now, both unemployed so cfc thought this might be the best option for now. If we qualify for the free treatment at least we can if it works.
    Just on the waiting list now for a consult with them, this can take months to a year, talks about cutting amount of free goes, tbh we would be happy enough with one free go to see if it works.
    They are talking bout adding cut off's, age, if you have children already etc... still thousands qualify after that and they decide on who gets to qualify for the treatment.
    So anyway getting back to the point I was trying to make, if it came down to it and they say you need to try iui you can apply to CUMH with the HSE!
    Sorry I dont half go on about stuff to make one point...

thanks longin, not due af til tomorrow so wil buy test then and poas (i love that abreviation :D) on wed morning...keep your fingers crossed for me. will be gutted if i'm not as have had almost text book periods until now, always bang on time and follow same pattern so if i'm not, why would it have changed so drastically? I know your not a doc but you ladies are very knowledgable and considering i dont even have a gp at the minute...the thoughts of finding one and discussing all this is scary!

Used my last pregnancy test y/day morning (sunday), it was negative and due period tomorrow...:o
    Here`s hoping but for now i`d say it`d be a very long shot...
    no sore boobs
    no funny taste in my mouth
    no cramps
    feeling a bit of pms
    :mad:

ah Fri.Day hate that... spent so much money over the years poas! You always get a little bit excited when waiting for the time to be up...
    for me its always been bfn... always gutted afterwards, I can now say (lol) I am poas free for the last 2 years!

onofakind keep a note of months your cycles are different.

I think a diary is the best thing,
    feeling sick, running a temp etc... stress.
    It can account for a lot when af is early/late due to ov being delayed etc...

I would also def recommend reading TCOYF, getting a digital thermometer to monitor your cycles even for a few months, and following instructions (as disgusting as it may seem) but you soon realise how your body works and can pick up on tell tale signs quick enough.

Last month just after hsg I had ov pains on both sides and was gutted af arrived early as would love twins.. ah well...

Someday, as I said before would just be over the moon with one baby.
    Babydust to us all!

• Advertisement

Sperm meets egg plan, done!

Between my late ovulation, the mid-plan trip to London and my cold I'm very glad it's done and 10 times more desperate than usual to be pregnant because I don't think I can ever, ever have that much sex in one month again.:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement