Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Fri.Day wrote: »
    This TTC is really putting us through the mill, emotionally as well as financially isn`t it.
    €125 each for those sti tests is mad when you get them done for free in any clinic.
    And at 36yrs I myself am running out of patience, negative tests y/.day and this morning. Ive a few twinges so think AF is on the way...
    I`m actually quite terrified of getting AF, firstly cos it`ll mean I`m not pregnant and secondly I hear it can be quite heavy and painful being the first one after my m/c.
    While I haven`t got AF since last June I`m still somewhat in pregnant mode :o
    A not-too-close friend of mine has recently announced she`s pregnant and would have been due around my due date, I`m sad for myself but so damned pleased for her cos she`s been trying for 2 years and this was a successful IVF after a few failed attempts.
    Hi friday. my first af after mc was totally fine so don't be worrying about it. It's the first day if your new cycle afterall! On another note my would have been due date is coming up next month on my husbands 40th birthday. Don't know how to feel but imagine I will be happy when it's come and gone or even better if there's another bun a cooking:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Fri.Day I've never found the first AF after a miss bad. Also I view it as positive as it means my system is back to normal and we can start again.

I have to say moneywise the whole TTC is expensive. I found the Merion clinic not too bad, they do what they have to do and cost wise it's on the lower end, especially compared to SIMS who I felt were trying to sell to me rather than to be healthcare providers. I think the cost diff in IUI is about €450!!!!

I have anotehr week to go before AF and whilst we did the dead, a number of times, around the right time, we didn't do anything else like the cough medicine, macca etc. so we don't hold out much hope this month. I'm just happy to be back to normal, or at least as normal as I get :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

God girls, it sounds mentally and financially draining. I know the end result will be worth it but honestly, if you were financially stuck at the minute, you really couldnt do it.

Alot AF's arriving this week...really does sound sync-ed up now! I've been taking Agnus Castus since CD1 and am on CD16 now and still dont think I'm near ovulation. CM generally indicates when to me and there's nought doing at the mo :( Had high hopes for this month. Will be 8months trying this month so might visit the doc soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Joanie37

Ya lost my job last week so Im finding it a strain. My OH is a farmer so no money there. So its a struggle but no matter what crappy job I have to get I will do it but its just very stressfull with everything losing my job,not being able to get pregnant, and also getting married next year and living with the mother in law (need I say more):eek:
    But Im trying to stay calm and destress but the OH is taking the brunt of my outburst. Hes been really good though even though Im being a bitch. I wake up every morning and say to myself that I will be positive today but sometimes its hard..
    The money thing does worry me sometimes but what can I do we will get the money somewhere....Positive mental attitude:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Joanie37 wrote: »
    Ya lost my job last week so Im finding it a strain. My OH is a farmer so no money there. So its a struggle but no matter what crappy job I have to get I will do it but its just very stressfull with everything losing my job,not being able to get pregnant, and also getting married next year and living with the mother in law (need I say more):eek:
    But Im trying to stay calm and destress but the OH is taking the brunt of my outburst. Hes been really good though even though Im being a bitch. I wake up every morning and say to myself that I will be positive today but sometimes its hard..
    The money thing does worry me sometimes but what can I do we will get the money somewhere....Positive mental attitude:D

Oh Joanie, I know the feeling of dealing with the MIL!!!!!!! Stress galore :(

It is hard to put a brave face on things, but some days we all feel like it is the best we can do. We have all had those days so know that you don't have to put on a brave face here, if you feel like just ranting, we don't mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

WINE!!!!!!!!

Will have a glass for you too Neyite...and DL...and Tigeress...and possibly applesocks...and anyone else who's preggers:D:D

Happy Friday ladies :)

x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur wrote: »
    WINE!!!!!!!!

Will have a glass for you too Neyite...and DL...and Tigeress...and possibly applesocks...and anyone else who's preggers:D:D

x

Happy friday to you too. I eated fruit. Unfermented, unlike yours. :D I raise my nectarine in a return toast to you. Sláinte!

... fingers crossed for applesocks.

Still dont feel preggers. Cramps are gone, boobs are still sore, and nipples doing random tingles for no reason. 5 weeks today :). Time is gonna drag until my scan on the 28th, and I dont know if I can keep it a secret for the next 7 weeks, but want to be 12 weeks at least before we start telling people.

Is 5 penguin bars still incognito??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

No, Cap came out of the closet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Neyite wrote: »
    WINE!!!!!!!!

x

Happy friday to you too. I eated fruit. Unfermented, unlike yours. :D I raise my nectarine in a return toast to you. Sláinte!

... fingers crossed for applesocks.

Still dont feel preggers. Cramps are gone, boobs are still sore, and nipples doing random tingles for no reason. 5 weeks today :). Time is gonna drag until my scan on the 28th, and I dont know if I can keep it a secret for the next 7 weeks, but want to be 12 weeks at least before we start telling people.

1st scan always drags in :) but Sooo worth the wait hehe! It's weird how pregnancy drags through but then you reach the halfway Mark & thinks thats flown through! But in saying that Neyite it's dragging for me now... My next scan is 5th if Oct & feels like forever away!
    I was the same at the start with the not feeling preg until about week 7 when the sickness kicked in, I kept poking my boobs all day long to make sure they were still soar hehe :) soo delighted for you hun! Dying to know how you get on in your scan :)

Lucyfur yeah 5 penguin bars outer herself lol :) hope you're well hun xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

No, I'm here :D

Fri.day that's lovely news for your friend :) hopefully you'll get your positive soon too :)

Joannie, sorry to hear about your job. hopefully you'll pick up something soon so you're not stuck at home with the mum in law too much!

Newbie I know its a slightly different thing, but when I took the Maca I didn't have much signs of cm at all then bang day 17/18 I had loads.
    Hopefully the agnus castus will kick in soon and you'll ovulate soon x

Neyite I hope time will fly til its time for you scan, so exciting!

Yay:D

Well, I'd have a glass for you too but it's horrible so I'm back on my tea :rolleyes:

Taking the maca religiously. Feeling more energetic and I'm sleeping better:)

Just found my dream house on daft so need to win the lotto tomorrow :D:D

Fri.Day wrote: »
    This TTC is really putting us through the mill, emotionally as well as financially isn`t it.
    €125 each for those sti tests is mad when you get them done for free in any clinic.
    And at 36yrs I myself am running out of patience, negative tests y/.day and this morning. Ive a few twinges so think AF is on the way...
    I`m actually quite terrified of getting AF, firstly cos it`ll mean I`m not pregnant and secondly I hear it can be quite heavy and painful being the first one after my m/c.
    While I haven`t got AF since last June I`m still somewhat in pregnant mode :o
    A not-too-close friend of mine has recently announced she`s pregnant and would have been due around my due date, I`m sad for myself but so damned pleased for her cos she`s been trying for 2 years and this was a successful IVF after a few failed attempts.
    I just turned 37 and yes it is stressful big hug to you at this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

neyite i hope the month go fast for you till you get you scan
    joanie37 sorry to hear about you job

I was going to go test today but decided against it. I think because I've no signs of pregnancy what so ever so i just know I'm not pregnant this month.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

applesock wrote: »
    neyite i hope the month go fast for you till you get you scan
    joanie37 sorry to hear about you job

I was going to go test today but decided against it. I think because I've no signs of pregnancy what so ever so i just know I'm not pregnant this month.

Applesock, you should test. I have no symptoms at all and got my positive. You have nerves of steel not to test.

Joanie37, I really hope that you are lucky in the job-hunting. You seem to have an awful lot on your plate - Mother in law, job worries, and a wedding to plan. Wow!

I tried the couch to 5k running program when I felt I was getting stressed too much. There is an MP3 you download, and it starts you off from brisk walking with 60 second bursts of a run, and graduallly over 9 weeks increases your running over the walking. Best part about it is that its free.

I'm not an outdoorsy person at all, played no sport ever so I really didnt think I could do it, but its designed to start off from a no-fitness-level. There is a thread in The Ladies Lounge on it if you want to find out more.

While I might not run at the moment, I do think I will keep up the brisk walking part of it to keep me healthy. I found it a great de- stressor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Applesock, you should test. If it helps I had absolutely no symptoms to speak of but I just felt different, hard to explain.

All the best fir you when you do test, fingers crossed it's more good news on this thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Applesock, when you have no signs of your period, you should test, I didn't get any sign of pregnancy for a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Neyite I need to get back onto the Couch to 5K program, might start walking again though as a start as my back is not completely back to normal.

Applesock, I hope you test & get a positive!

Joanie37 there should be places taking on extra staff on the run up to the C word (christmas :eek:)

I'm on day 24 of my cycle (31 day cycle), if I'm going by the idea of ovulating approx 14 days before AF then I should have been ovulating last Monday. But yesterday I got some seriously fertile looking cervical mucus so I don't know what's going on, maybe I'll have a long cycle this time, did the deed anyway last night just in case. AF due Tues week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Mink wrote: »
    Neyite I need to get back onto the Couch to 5K program, might start walking again though as a start as my back is not completely back to normal.

Applesock, I hope you test & get a positive!

Joanie37 there should be places taking on extra staff on the run up to the C word (christmas :eek:)

I'm on day 24 of my cycle (31 day cycle), if I'm going by the idea of ovulating approx 14 days before AF then I should have been ovulating last Monday. But yesterday I got some seriously fertile looking cervical mucus so I don't know what's going on, maybe I'll have a long cycle this time, did the deed anyway last night just in case. AF due Tues week

Good luck mink, it could be that you ovulated twice? Happened to me randomly so you'd never know, best to keep your bases covered anyway as they say ;)

Applesock I had no symptoms until week 5, and then I just had bad cramping for two weeks. I think you should test :) fingers crossed for you!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Good luck mink, it could be that you ovulated twice? Happened to me randomly so you'd never know, best to keep your bases covered anyway as they say ;)

Applesock I had no symptoms until week 5, and then I just had bad cramping for two weeks. I think you should test :) fingers crossed for you!

I've just emerged from week 5, my boobs are not really sore anymore, and cramping stopped entirely a few days ago. I dont think I am as tired as I initially was but that could just be that lazing around for the weekend is doing me good. I swear, if it was'nt for the total absence of my period, I would not know that I am pregnant at all.

I am trying not to worry, but its so scary I just want some symptom to reassure me that baba is ok. I have two and a half weeks until my scan so unless I start getting nausea or other symptoms its going to be a worrying time for me.

• Advertisement

Guys
    How do ye work out all those dates I had a trigger shot of Menopur on the 8th of September. My next period is due on the 24th of September. What do I do when do I test or when is the date I can test....So confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Joanie, you should wait 16 dpt (days past trigger) before you test, otherrwise you'll get false positives.

So I got the maca yesterday for himself in capsule form. It states 1-6 caps a day so he's going to go with 3. Sound right? How soon til effects kick in (in particular increased libido)?

Joanie, you should wait 16 dpt (days past trigger) before you test, otherrwise you'll get false positives.

So I got the maca yesterday for himself in capsule form. It states 1-6 caps a day so he's going to go with 3. Sound right? How soon til effects kick in (in particular increased libido)?

We're taking maca for the past week. We're taking 3 caps each...I can't say I notice a differenc in libido yet, but we would both have fairly high libido anyway...I'm sleeping much better since I started them and I feel less hormonal :)

great to be feeling less hormonal, wish I could take the maca! The Clomid Cloud is hovering over my head. Only 2 more days to go though and hopefully I'm shut of it forever :) unless they delay my new procedure again :rolleyes:

great to be feeling less hormonal, wish I could take the maca! The Clomid Cloud is hovering over my head. Only 2 more days to go though and hopefully I'm shut of it forever :) unless they delay my new procedure again :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed they won't:)

I'm getting pregnant this month and so are you. End of. Enough is enough ;)

Fingers crossed they won't:)

I'm getting pregnant this month and so are you. End of. Enough is enough ;)

Yay - so technically I'm 7 days pregnant! you? :p

Yay - so technically I'm 7 days pregnant! you? :p

6!!! :pac:

Actually am only 6 days too, never was great at maths!

Re the trigger shot, Detective is spot on, 16 days past injection is when it is ok to trust the positive.

Its counted as 14 days past ovulation, and because you ovulate nearly 2 days after the trigger shot you add that on.

Hopefully there will be lots of luck on this cycle for you all :) hugs and baby vibes to all. Was feeling a bit down earlier but a lovely pm reassured me. Positive Mental Attitude.

Himself is on the maca still, but on 2 a day and has not noticed much of a change. We actually didnt get to test out the libido part of it too much, we only did the 2 pre and post ovulation deeds, (he hadnt started it by the time I ovulated last month) and only twice since we got the positive, since (illogically, I know) its at the back of my mind that I'm pregnant, and that high jinks are limited.

For some reason I am loving the smell of beer. I'm like the bisto kid whenever himself opened a bottle over the weekend. Must be because I cant have it - typical, and I could have gone weeks without a beer before this weekend. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

The power or positive thinking eh ladies?
    :p
    So I`ve done a hpt 8 days in a row now and all negative . :o
    Half the time I`m thinking I`ve cramps and my period is on the way, then I`m fully convinced I`m pregnant, but no symptoms at all.
    Last time I was pregnant I gat a BFP at 11 days after ovulation and I`m at 14 days this time and nothing..
    Trying to be practical ain`t working - blind panic more like!!
    I had 2 glasses of wine while out to dinner last night so hopefully ill be regretting those soon...:)
    How do I distract myself or become less obsessive?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement