Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm not sure how to multi quote :)

Anyways, looks like for me there might be some truth to the theory that you're more fertile after a miscarriage.

My period not due until Friday but I've had a few familiar signs so I took a first response test this morning and got a very feint line! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Are u using the sticks or an App YH?

I've never used the sticks but had used an app and I felt myself it was always a few days out sometimes.

Last cycle I actually used both so I feel pretty confident about my ovulation date.

I am actually doubled over in pain today so going to docs this evening to ask for referral for ultrasound/MRI. Totally convinced I have cysts again :(

Anyways, looks like for me there might be some truth to the theory that you're more fertile after a miscarriage.

My period not due until Friday but I've had a few familiar signs so I took a first response test this morning and got a very feint line! :D

Oh god sorry I replied before I even saw this post....congratulations sittingpretty!!! I totally understand your apprehension this time but fingers crossed all will be good. :)

yellow hen wrote: »
    Last cycle I actually used both so I feel pretty confident about my ovulation date.

I am actually doubled over in pain today so going to docs this evening to ask for referral for ultrasound/MRI. Totally convinced I have cysts again :(

Oh God! You poor thing, I hope your visit goes ok and at least if it is cysts again better to have it diagnosed now and start dealing with it right away.

Hope the pain eases for you :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Congratulations to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations SP! Fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Congratulations SP, great news!
    Feel better soon Yellow Hen, hopefully it's not the cysts back :-(

Feeling deflated myself, went to Galway last Tues to diagnose a cyst, back up this morn for my Day10 scan, follicles are too small so came home to be told take another dose of Gonal F and head back up there on Day 12 for another scan, it's a 5 hour round journey and I've been up there at least a day of each month for the past 6 months, this month is awful - twice last week and twice this week, I'm starting to really loose it, totally depressed today, hate the thoughts of going back up there this week again :-( sorry for the negative post

Went to doc and they've faxed a referral to the beacon for an ultrasound so hoping to hear back from them soon. In the meantime, on ponstan for the pain. So disappointed another month has gone by :(

Really sorry to hear that YellowHen, at least it is getting sorted for you, hopefully you get your scan asap. It's so so tough, I know how your feeling, the months are just passing by, I feel like I'm in limbo land. Really hope you feel better soon, I always find peppermint tea helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Sorry to hear you're still in so much pain YH, hope you're not waiting too long on your appointment x

Congrats on the BFP Sittingpretty :)

• Advertisement

Went to doc and they've faxed a referral to the beacon for an ultrasound so hoping to hear back from them soon. In the meantime, on ponstan for the pain. So disappointed another month has gone by :(

Oh **** YH, that sounds awful :(

I don't expect you'll have to wait too long for your ultrasound and at least one way or the other you'll know and can get a treatment plan in place so you can be back TTC before you know it.

Feel better soon lady :)

I don't expect you'll have to wait too long for your ultrasound and at least one way or the other you'll know and can get a treatment plan in place so you can be back TTC before you know it.

Oh thanks! I called the beacon today and they said there's a very short waiting list so I sh

Oh thanks! I called the beacon today and they said there's a very short waiting list so I should hopefully be called soon. Last time I had to get an MRI too as the ultrasound just showed a mass but to distinguish whether it was endo or a cyst they needed the MRI. Anyway, pain pretty much gone this eve so onwards and upwards.

How are you feeling?

Oh thanks! I called the beacon today and they said there's a very short waiting list so I should hopefully be called soon. Last time I had to get an MRI too as the ultrasound just showed a mass but to distinguish whether it was endo or a cyst they needed the MRI. Anyway, pain pretty much gone this eve so onwards and upwards.

How are you feeling?

Glad you're feeling better YH :)

I'm feeling good, haven't re tested yet, will wait until I actually miss my period on Friday and do a new test.

Haven't even told himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Huge congrats SP!! Fab news !

YH- hope the pain stays away and u get to the bottom of it soon with a quick beacon appt :(

Hollywood - u seem to be enduring a gruelling routine and it's so tiring I imagine - really hope it ok and not letting it get on top of u too much.

Good luck to anyone in waiting x

Day 33 for me - my cycle has become horribly unpredictable recently, it just keeps getting longer so this time I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up. Last one was 36 days, before that 29,34,29,33 so who knows?!

Glad you're feeling better YH :)

I'm feeling good, haven't re tested yet, will wait until I actually miss my period on Friday and do a new test.

Haven't even told himself

What a surprise he's in for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Day 33 for me - my cycle has become horribly unpredictable recently, it just keeps getting longer so this time I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up. Last one was 36 days, before that 29,34,29,33 so who knows?!

The unpredictable cycles are a pain in the arse aren't they? The only thing I found that kept me sane with them is that a lot of the time ovulation was fairly obvious for me(pains,cm) etc even if I wasn't testing for it. At least that way I knew that between 12 and 14 days later my period would/should arrive.

Oh, and congrats sittingpretty! I don't know how you are keeping it to yourself!

Roesy wrote: »
    The unpredictable cycles are a pain in the arse aren't they? The only thing I found that kept me sane with them is that a lot of the time ovulation was fairly obvious for me(pains,cm) etc even if I wasn't testing for it. At least that way I knew that between 12 and 14 days later my period would/should arrive.

Oh, and congrats sittingpretty! I don't know how you are keeping it to yourself!

Such a pain! I'm starting back temping and using my ovulation tests this month as my period arrived half an hour ago (actually that's annoying too I never get any warning signs that it's coming).

Not thinking about it until next week anyway I'm off to London for a few days tomorrow

SP you must feel ready to burst, enjoy telling him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Watching one born every minute makes me a blubbering mess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

dublinlady wrote: »
    Watching one born every minute makes me a blubbering mess!

I've been recording it for when I get pregnant ha!!:D

Was going to watch it tonight but decided against it, thought it a bad idea 😄

Was back at the clinic today, my cyst shrank slightly from 19x18 to 18x18 so that's good, I have a size 16 follicle on the right and a 13 on the left, lining is 10 and hormones are 2000, i remember the numbers for once!! So had to take my 5th Gonal F trigger shot today, Ovitrelle tomorrow, tsi tomorrow and Friday, should ovulate on Saturday so then cones the gruelling waiting process! Can't wait lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Congratulations SP that's great news!!

Hollywood I developed a cyst during my ivf treatment. It thankfully disappeared on its own and didn't cause me any bother. I hope your one is similar.

Hope this is your month. Least you'll get a break from the journey to Galway. I was always glad that we didn't have to travel for our appointments and as I worked in Galway too only ever had to take an hour or 2 off to nip to the clinic during treatment. I know it saved me alot of stress.

llambert I'd say it did, I was up there alot lately and it really took it out of me... so glad I'm getting a break from it, I'm exhausted from the injections so I think that is the real problem! The cyst has started collapsing I was told during the scan yesterday it's now 18mm down from 19 but it's a different shape, hope it disappears altogether this month! Last trigger shot today for a while and I'm so happy for that, how did your IVF go, was it successful?? They're so nice in Galway, so nice to deal with.

Well fingers crossed that you get success this month. Try be kind to yourself, you deserve it x x.

They are lovely there to deal with, very understanding and great when you have questions. Don't make you feel rushed.

This time last year we were on our 2 week wait after transfer. It was difficult cos we started off with quite alot potential embryos but each day they rang there was less and less. In the end just one to transfer which wasn't successful.

However what a difference a year makes. We went through our second round in Nov/Dec and now I've 6 weeks left until my twins are due. Much better quality embryos on the 2nd cycle. We ended up with 3 very good quality embryos. Transfered 2 and froze one. We were afraid if it wasn't successful and we went through another cycle and it didn't produce good embryos we'd have one as a back up.

We know we're incredibly lucky. Its been a tough road, one I'll never forget. It will be 4 years next month since we started trying. Once I turned 30 I said yeah lets go for it. Was very naive thinking I'd be pregnant in no time like my Mum and sister but thankfully we're almost there now.

A that really is great news llambert, put a smile on my face! Congratulations, best of luck for your last few weeks bet you can't wait to meet your babies.

We're waiting to hear about a house we want to buy, should know in the next two weeks so I know this cycle isn't over yet but I want to have the stress of the mortgage/house behind me before going onto IVF. New house and new baby would be an absolute dream come true this year! I turn 28 this week, 5 years ttc glad I started early on this path!

Thanks Hollywood!!

You're not out yet so no point worrying about ivf yet.
    Hopefully the house will work out and you'll be settled in. Don't get too stressed over the house for these 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

llambert wrote: »
    Well fingers crossed that you get success this month. Try be kind to yourself, you deserve it x x.

They are lovely there to deal with, very understanding and great when you have questions. Don't make you feel rushed.

This time last year we were on our 2 week wait after transfer. It was difficult cos we started off with quite alot potential embryos but each day they rang there was less and less. In the end just one to transfer which wasn't successful.

However what a difference a year makes. We went through our second round in Nov/Dec and now I've 6 weeks left until my twins are due. Much better quality embryos on the 2nd cycle. We ended up with 3 very good quality embryos. Transfered 2 and froze one. We were afraid if it wasn't successful and we went through another cycle and it didn't produce good embryos we'd have one as a back up.

We know we're incredibly lucky. Its been a tough road, one I'll never forget. It will be 4 years next month since we started trying. Once I turned 30 I said yeah lets go for it. Was very naive thinking I'd be pregnant in no time like my Mum and sister but thankfully we're almost there now.

Hi Llambert, Congrats on your successful cycle, I hope I can follow in your footsteps. We just had a failed IVF cycle, our first. Can I ask how you had better quality embryos on your second cycle? Did the clinic change your protocol or was it just a case that they were better quality with no changes?

nemo32 wrote: »
    Hi Llambert, Congrats on your successful cycle, I hope I can follow in your footsteps. We just had a failed IVF cycle, our first. Can I ask how you had better quality embryos on your second cycle? Did the clinic change your protocol or was it just a case that they were better quality with no changes?

Hi Nemo. Sorry to hear that, its truely heartbreaking.

They didn't really change anything on my second cycle only lowered the dosage of my injections because on the 1st cycle my focilies grew very fast only injected for 8 days. I still had 13 eggs that could be used but they were thinking that even though they were the correct size they might not have been mature.

Even with the lower dosage very same thing happened and only injected 8 days. Produced a similar number of eggs. Don't think the lower dosage had anything to do with it.

Also my second transfer was done by my doctor because I had cramping after the first.

I know this sounds stupid but after 1st failed cycle we got a puppy. He's spoilt rotten but gave us something else to worry and focus on. I think he really helped with my husbands stress levels. Not saying get a dog but try distract yourself!!

Also after 2nd transfer took the 2 weeks after off and just relaxed at home. Not saying that was the difference cos I know the embryos on the 2nd cycle were better quality but certainly helped me relax.

Are you planning a second cycle, good luck with it if you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

That's crazy llambert, the exact same thing happened to me. I only done 7 days of stimming and only needed two scans. I was on quite a low dose of Gonal F but knew I would respond quite quickly as never had a problem getting big size follies for my TSI cycles and ov on my own every month. I got 9 eggs and all were mature, all 9 fertilised but 5 were abnormal (due to egg quality I'm not sure). 2 got to blast and were transferred. The day after transfer I had extreme pain to the point of vomiting and not being able to stand up, went back into the clinic for a scan... they said there was only a small amount of fluid there so didn't think that was causing the pain but the ovary was very enlarged and as I'm petite they believed that was what was causing the pain. 2 days later I was brand new and the pain was gone, the second nurse that scanned me believed the ovary had twisted and that was the cause of the pain which came on so quickly with no warning. All I can think now is that if that pain hadn't been there I'd have gotten my BFP but I'll never know. They tell you not to do anything like lifting etc so the fact that my body was in spams of pain less than 24 hours transfer had to have some affect.... didn't it??

I'll have to let my OH read your post this evening, we need to book post consult but we have both said we will try again but we'll wait and see what the doctor says when we do the review.

I also meant to add... we have one big puppy (well when I say puppy he's 2 next mth) and one of the things I said when I found out it was a BFN on Monday was 'can we go and buy a new puppy today'. we kept saying we are getting a second one for our fella but probably not the right time in fairness but a very good distraction, I hadn't been walking him since I started the IVf cycle and he doesn't know what has hit him in the last 2 days... his little legs are walked off him by me and my OH has gotten a break :)

Thanks again xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement