Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Fingers crossed for both of you ladies.
    Silly that seems a bit early to be testing, I could be wrong though, my clinic tells me 18 days past ovulation is when I need to test, feels like ages, I was never pregnant so I don't know... I'm only 3dpo now, I'm going to test if I get to CD28 though coz my Cycle is normally 27 days so I'll definitely be late at that stage!

My last 2 rounds of OI with TSI didn't work so I'm keeping calm this time and not obsessing, hoping it does work but at this stage if I think about it at all I get depressed so keeping busy and not dwelling on it. V. difficult task

It was the third TSI cycle that was the lucky one for me. I think mentally I'd already disengaged and was reserching the next stage. I was an average of 27 days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Oh best of luck Hollywood. I think I will try to hold out on testing for a little while longer..if I can..

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

That's good to hear Neyite, I'm kinda of the same, this month I've done some of the research on the whole IVF process, I'm not talking with my DP everyday about being pregnant, I'm going about my days as normal and not obsessing about it this month, in my head I keep thinking it didn't work the last 2 months so whats going to be different this month, I think it's the best way to be, quite busy at work too which is a plus. Hoping it does work but I'm not going to get my hopes up or obsess or not do things just because I might be pregnant, I done that before and I wasn't.

I've cut way down on caffeine, getting exercise in & trying to do the deed every second day (sorry tmi I know), so we'll see what happens!

I think you are better off waiting Silly... Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Fertility Friend has given me a posssible ovulation day of CD26 according to my temperature shift which would make me 7dpo but none of my other fertile signs match up which is unusual for me as I'm normally never in any doubt.
    My boobs have become more swollen & sore ( mostly at night when my bra is off) & I am bloated. I've studied & studied my chart & I can only see & tiny chance that I could have conceived. I've had a significant temp increase the last few days too so I think I'm definately having a progestrone surge but whether that is due to pregnancy or AF's impending arrival is anyone's guess. Will test next Thursday if nothing has changed, hopefully by next week I'll either have AF or a bfp so I can put this rubbish cycle behind me & move on:rolleyes:

Ms2011 - i am having similar symptoms regarding the boobs - and i remember them feeling the exact same way the last time i was pregnant. Af due on wednesday so will be testing around the same time as you - fingers crossed for us!

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for you Silly, not holding out too much hope for myself, even Fertility Friend is saying chances are low but sure we'll wait & see, I suppose stranger things have happened:D

Got my positive result this morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

silly wrote: »

Oh my! I havent been on in ages so this was a lovely bit of news to see. Congratulations silly! What a lovely surprise on such a beautiful day :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Congratulations!!

Thanks guys!
    So Happy! - Husband a bit dumbstruck as he is a farmer and let say I probably wont be the only one due in Feb!
    We already have an almost 2yr old and I have a 13 yr old too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Thanks guys!
    So Happy! - Husband a bit dumbstruck as he is a farmer and let say I probably wont be the only one due in Feb!

Fantastic news! Congratulations! :)

Ah brill news Silly, congrats to you x

I tested yesterday at 13dpo & it was negative so I would more or less count myself out as I got a positive with my son at 13pdo. Just have to wait for AF to show up now so I can start a new cycle!

Thanks guys!

Busy time next year so :)

I'm cd16 and got as close to a positive as i ever get on the opks..also knew by the amount of mucus so have the husband on the job ;) This would have been the exact time I conceived two years ago so here's hoping it's a lucky month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Congratulations that great news!

Best of luck Yellow Hen - Sorry to hear that Ms2011 - AF might not come though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Huge congrats :)

I love good news :)

Good luck to everyone else, and ms I understand ur headspace with ruling urself out but I hope ur wrong ;)

Day 13 here - nothing doing!

Yesterday was probably my ovulation day but after a crappy long day in work I just hadnt the energy to do anything about it. Will berate myself at the end of the month for not doing it :( Any change Ms?

Still no AF, boobs still sore in the evening, temps still high though dropped a bit this morning. Today is offically when AF is due & tomorrow is my testing day according to Fertility Friend.
    Have a splitting headache since yesterday evening (in the sun too long:o) so I wasn't in the humour of testing this morning, I'll test again in the morning but if that's negative I'll just wait for AF to turn up as I should definately get a positive tomorrow if I were pregnant.
    If I were more regular I might hold out more hope but my body's been known to go haywire every now & then for no apparent reason, this appears to be one of those occasions:rolleyes::)

No need to test this morning AF made her appearance, onwards & upwards for the next cycle, hopefully a less confusing one :)

Ms2011 wrote: »
    No need to test this morning AF made her appearance, onwards & upwards for the next cycle, hopefully a less confusing one :)

Oh poo. Well at least it wasn't a ridiculously long cycle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Aw :( well as u say - onwards and upwards - at lease it didn't drag too long!
    Good luck this time.

Congrats Silly, great news. I didn't get near test day, was supposed to be the 17th but AF arrived on Saturday, onto last round of OI before IVF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Probably a tmi question but if I have egg white cm going on that means that ovulation is pretty close right? Cheapie ovulation test is just barely showing a second line.

Roesy wrote: »
    Probably a tmi question but if I have egg white cm going on that means that ovulation is pretty close right? Cheapie ovulation test is just barely showing a second line.

I can get fertile mucus a couple of days running up to ovulation so I'd keep testing. Also if the mucus is egg white sperm will live in it for up to 5 days so while it's there I'd get busy & have plenty of swimmers there to meet the egg whe it arrives :)

Sorry Hollywood and Ms2011 - best of luck for next month Xx

I am convinced I have cysts again. For the past few months I get awful lower backache at night. I'm fine once I'm up but getting out of bed is painful. I don't mind getting the cysts back but I'm afraid that they will interfere with us trying to conceive. Will have to get a referral for an ultrasound and maybe MRI to be sure.

yellow hen wrote: »
    I am convinced I have cysts again. For the past few months I get awful lower backache at night. I'm fine once I'm up but getting out of bed is painful. I don't mind getting the cysts back but I'm afraid that they will interfere with us trying to conceive. Will have to get a referral for an ultrasound and maybe MRI to be sure.

My friend had to put off IVF last month as they discovered a cyst, she'd done all the prep leading up to implanting the embryo but at the last minute the cycle had to be scrapped because of the cyst, v.frustrating.
    Hopefully if you do have any cysts they shrink by themselves so you can continue ttc.

Yellow Hen I've been going through OI with TSI, I just had a scan today as during the last cycle they thought one of the follicles was a cyst and unfortunately it turns out they were right, it's a 19mm one, I'm due to start my 4th cycle of TSI today but I'm waiting on the phone call from the clinic to tell me if I can go ahead or not. I don't know which way it will go, the nurse didn't seem too concerned about it but if this cycle doesn't work for me it's onto IVF.

Just looking at your post Ms2011 maybe IVF will need to be postponed until something is done about the cyst? Doesn't look like this cyst is shrinking, it seems to be getting bigger, well it has since last month, have 2 small endometriomas aswell but they didn't seem too bothered about them. It's so so frustrating though, just waiting on the call now to see what happens next

I'm not sure Hollywood, my only knowledge of the IVF process is from what she tells me. Her cyst shrank by itself so they're planning to do the implantation this month all going well.
    I think they just try & give the embryo the best chance possible so if everything isn't 100 percent the will hold off, v.frustrating though when there is so much work in even getting to the implantation stage.

• Advertisement

Yeah it is pretty overwhelming, I spoke to the clinic about it today because that's what we'll be doing next month if the OI doesn't work this time. Got the go ahead this month anyway, they don't see a problem with the cyst so far so round 4 here we go!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement