Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi ms, I've already had a bilateral laparoscopy and I kind of recognise the signs. Im ok with the surgery as it's minor but I'll be devastated if it means it'll take an age to concieve again. I'm going to wait until my period is due and then talk to the doc as I'll know if I'm pregnant or not

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Are you having any treatment at the moment Yellow Hen?

Are you having any treatment at the moment Yellow Hen?
    No they were two dermoid cysts and they were removed successfully. I then got pregnant a few months later and actually haven't thought about them since. My periods are quite painful again also so intuition tells me they're back. At the time I got them removed I was told that they shouldn't have affected our fertility so it might be just coincidence that we got pregnant or else the positioning of the cysts was obstructing something :confused:

yellow hen wrote: »
    No they were two dermoid cysts and they were removed successfully. I then got pregnant a few months later and actually haven't thought about them since. My periods are quite painful again also so intuition tells me they're back. At the time I got them removed I was told that they shouldn't have affected our fertility so it might be just coincidence that we got pregnant or else the positioning of the cysts was obstructing something :confused:
    Aw that's great, congrats, at least you got pregnant with them. Gives me a bit of hope with this cyst I have! Didn't even know it was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

:(
    Period on day 21?!! Cycle always 29-31 days ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

dublinlady wrote: »

Sorry to hear dl - is today day 21? It could just be some spotting/light non-period bleeding? Which would be confusing in itself but would mean you're still in the game for this month

I gave up trying to figure out my cycle a long time ago. I'm 7dpo now and still hopeful for this month.

Sorry to hear dl - is today day 21? It could just be some spotting/light non-period bleeding? Which would be confusing in itself but would mean you're still in the game for this month

Yeah I'll see how it develops but wasn't too light there so I think I might need to count this as day 1?

Grrrr. Whatever about it taking me a year and a half to conceive my eldest my cycle was always predictable at least! As much as I keep putting it off its 100% time to get ovulation sticks!!

It's so nice to be able rant about this on here :)

I gave up trying to figure out my cycle a long time ago. I'm 7dpo now and still hopeful for this month.

Fingers crossed YH!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I've given up trying to work out my cycles at this stage, anything can go ha!!

I'm in a bit of a dilema this month, I'm due to ovulate between 4th-10th July, I conceived my son on 8th July which would mean if I did fall pregnant this month I'd be due on my son's 3rd birthday or there abouts, not sure I'd want to be heavily pregnant or recovering from a birth ( especially if I had another section) on his birthday. Then again do I want to waste a month of trying, I dunno :confused::confused::confused:

Good luck Yellow Hen x

• Advertisement

Ms2011 wrote: »

I'm in a bit of a dilema this month, I'm due to ovulate between 4th-10th July, I conceived my son on 8th July which would mean if I did fall pregnant this month I'd be due on my son's 3rd birthday or there abouts, not sure I'd want to be heavily pregnant or recovering from a birth ( especially if I had another section) on his birthday. Then again do I want to waste a month of trying, I dunno :confused::confused::confused:

Good luck Yellow Hen x

For me, I'll take the pregnancy whenever it comes :) if I conceived this month my son will be 2 the exact time I'd be due....what a present for him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Day 22 here. Got as close to a positive as I ever get on an opk yesterday. It was less dark today so I'm assuming that was the surge. Will test again tomorrow to be sure because I think I was a little later last month. Trying to follow the sperm meets egg plan, I'd say himself doesn't know what hit him.

Roesy wrote: »
    Day 22 here. Got as close to a positive as I ever get on an opk yesterday. It was less dark today so I'm assuming that was the surge. Will test again tomorrow to be sure because I think I was a little later last month. Trying to follow the sperm meets egg plan, I'd say himself doesn't know what hit him.

I'd say go for it for what it's worth - you will ways find it in yourself to spoil him on his birthday - and at that age it doesnt take much to make them feel special! If u waste a month u might wonder what if? I thought a lot about timing of conception but think realistically if I try to plan it to a time it'll never happen - as in this is month 5/6 this time and negative so think will just keep going until I'm gifted with a positive result! Regardless if what's going on I think.
    Honestly as YH said he's be so delighted and excited if it happened that way I doubt he'd notice :)

Good luck with the sperm meets egg plan roesy! Wish I wasn't too lazy to try it!!

Yeah I think your right & it's not like I'm guaranteed a positive, I haven't had one the past 2 months. We're only really casually trying so far so if I don't get pregnan this month I will be getting a bit more serious as I'd like to be pregnant before the year is out, wouldn't we all :P

Rosey I conceived my son using sperms meets egg, best of luck x

Sorry to hear that dublinlady, it's such a pain when it comes so early, used to happen me on a very rare occassion but then I often had a 42 day cycle after, don't know why, my norm is 27 days. A good rant is often needed, had one with my friend last night, she prob thought I'd never shut up!!!! The joys of being a woman.

Ms2011 I wouldn't give up on a month, this could be your month and wouldn't it be a really nice present for you son, a beautiful little brother or sister! With pregnancies you can never tell you might go a week early or a week late who knows!

Never heard of the sperm meets egg plan, sounds interesting??? Don't have much energy on these trigger shots though, do I need lots of energy??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Sorry to hear that dublinlady, it's such a pain when it comes so early, used to happen me on a very rare occassion but then I often had a 42 day cycle after, don't know why, my norm is 27 days. A good rant is often needed, had one with my friend last night, she prob thought I'd never shut up!!!! The joys of being a woman.

Ms2011 I wouldn't give up on a month, this could be your month and wouldn't it be a really nice present for you son, a beautiful little brother or sister! With pregnancies you can never tell you might go a week early or a week late who knows!

Never heard of the sperm meets egg plan, sounds interesting??? Don't have much energy on these trigger shots though, do I need lots of energy??

It's a bit energetic alright! You are supposed to start trying every second day from day 8 and using opks from day 10. Once you get a positive you try that day and the next two days, then skip a day and try once more. You test 15 days after the positive ovulation test. My cycles are on the longer side so I started a couple of days later though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Ms2011 wrote: »

Good luck Yellow Hen x

Go for it lady.

When I fell pregnant last time I was stressing that I'd be having a Christmas baby and how I'd cope and it's be crazy busy. Little did I know that at 7 weeks that would be taken from me. I'd dearly welcome the crazy stress of it all now :(

Don't worry about timing, if it's to be it will be :)

Roesy wrote: »
    It's a bit energetic alright! You are supposed to start trying every second day from day 8 and using opks from day 10. Once you get a positive you try that day and the next two days, then skip a day and try once more. You test 15 days after the positive ovulation test. My cycles are on the longer side so I started a couple of days later though.

Ah I see, well it's a little like tsi then, I'm doing Ovulation Induction with tsi, so we have been trying every second day and then when I take the trigger shot we try that night and the following. Hasn't work so far but maybe 4th time lucky:)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hollywood, think about adding on another night after your trigger. I took my trigger on the Wednesday night, so clinic advised to do Thursday and Friday night. That timing worked for me.

Yeah we have been doing that Neyite, might try the night after that too just incase! I do lie flat for 15-20mins after too, should I be putting legs in the air and all that too or is there any point??

• Advertisement

Yeah we have been doing that Neyite, might try the night after that too just incase! I do lie flat for 15-20mins after too, should I be putting legs in the air and all that too or is there any point??

I used to just put a pillow under my bum for 10 mins:)

I also used preseed aswell which I found good too.

Never heard of preseed, sorry, what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A conception-friendly lubricant! It's supposed to mimic your natural secretions so it helps sperm get to their destination :)

I've joined weight watchers this week, need to start getting serious about losing weight as I don't think it's going to happen for us otherwise - and obviously I want to be healthier for pregnancy

It's a lubricant that is similar to fertile cervical mucus, it helps sperm live longer inside you & get to their destination ;)
    It also help, ahem friction, from alot of baby dancing:D

Maybe coincidence but I conceived using preseed. Using it again this time too. 8dpo and trying not to think about it BUT what if....

I conceived with the preseed also!

Ok so this is written and tmi but I'm so confused... This period is sooo heavy - day 21 and passing large clots etc. Much bigger than ever had in a period - similar to when I had a miscarriage. On day 21 that's not even possible and my head is just confused.. Like what's going on! It took 10 months for period to come back after baby number 2, then it did and was 29-31 days every month for 5 and now this?
    I know just onwards and upwards but I'm very confused!

Ok so this is written and tmi but I'm so confused... This period is sooo heavy - day 21 and passing large clots etc. Much bigger than ever had in a period - similar to when I had a miscarriage. On day 21 that's not even possible and my head is just confused.. Like what's going on! It took 10 months for period to come back after baby number 2, then it did and was 29-31 days every month for 5 and now this?

Any stresses in your life at the moment (other than ttc;)), I had 2 exceptionally short but heavy periods on the run up to my wedding in March, was panicing that I'd have AF for the wedding but she left the day before thankfully :)

I'm out. Only a 25 day cycle this month and I didn't ovulate until cd16 :(

Ok so this is written and tmi but I'm so confused... This period is sooo heavy - day 21 and passing large clots etc. Much bigger than ever had in a period - similar to when I had a miscarriage. On day 21 that's not even possible and my head is just confused.. Like what's going on! It took 10 months for period to comedy back after baby number 2, then it did and was 29-31 days every month for 5 and now this?

Defo have a word with your GP if you are passing clots, just to be sure, everything is most likely fine but just for your peace of mind.

:)

• Advertisement

I'm out. Only a 25 day cycle this month and I didn't ovulate until cd16 :(

Are u using the sticks or an App YH?

I've never used the sticks but had used an app and I felt myself it was always a few days out sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement