Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Roesy could u have ovulated twice? I know I do sometimes as that's how I conceived my twins - only one which made it past 9 weeks - she was always 3 days bigger than the other twin and they said that's how I will have conceived them - I suspect some months I don't ovulate at all and other months I ovulate twice / I've had ovulation symptoms twice this month but haven't been temping or opk'ing to check - said I'd try another relaxed month first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Think we got our timings right this month so an hopeful. Have a vomiting bug at the minute so curled up in bed. Just made me think about bad morning sickness...how do women cope?!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Hi Guys, haven't been on in a while, still really trying though. Currently on the dreaded 2ww, I'm 12dpo and CD26, I've been spotting since yesterday, brown in colour, yesterday was pretty pink, it's driving me insane now, yesterday I just presumed AF was coming and I'd have it today but it didn't come, which is great but I still have the spotting which I'm so afraid is going to get heavier. I'm on my second cycle of OI with TSI

Good luck to all you ladies xx

Day 28 - no sign of anything happening either way. Cycle has been 28-32 days last 3 months. No sore boobs tho... And I def had that before so I feel that I'm out again, still will wait and see!

Hopefully your not out dublinlady, I am unfortunately, onto round 3 though, have taken 2 Gonal f shots already, another one tomorrow and a scan on Friday to see how it's all going, well I'm hoping and I'm hoping for 3rd time lucky! Have cut my caffeine intake, getting lots of exercise and I'm having reflexology this week so fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

we had a positive OPK on monday and did BD on monday night.
    Was supposed to be doing SMEP, so should have been doing BD every second day up to positive OPK - missed sat night as hubby was out, i was away on sunday night, so hadnt BD's since thur...so sperm might not have been "fresh" had a negative OPK yesterday (tuesday) but did DB anyway. Had CM on monday and tuesday. will BD again tonight and cross all fingers and toes.

Fingers crossed for you silly x

hope you get lucky third time round Hollywood X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

CD25 here & gearing up to ovulate, positive OPK, cramps & temp drop this morning, no fertile CM yet though so that's a bit confusing as I usually get all signs together so I'm rarely in doubt, time will tell I suppose.

I'm out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I reckon I'm out too even though I was only half arsedly in I suppose. CD 32 here and even though my cycle has been 28-31 days since the baby I definitely think I ovulated later this month. Hope my cycles aren't going to go long again. I've got lots of cm and and bad period type cramps. Definitely feels like I'll start tonight or tomorrow. We decided that instead of waiting a couple of months to properly try we'll start trying again this month. Opk order from access diagnostics on the way :)

Yeah I'm gonna order some here too I think! Don't suppose you could get a positive this month? Often the cramping can be pregnancy rather than period! Saying that I'm of the frame of mind that there's no point getting hoped up if can help it... I just can never control myself!

Sorry ur out YH :(
    Good luck with the gonal f's hollywood
    And good luck to everyone else on 2ww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

silly wrote: »
    we had a positive OPK on monday and did BD on monday night.
    Was supposed to be doing SMEP, so should have been doing BD every second day up to positive OPK - missed sat night as hubby was out, i was away on sunday night, so hadnt BD's since thur...so sperm might not have been "fresh" had a negative OPK yesterday (tuesday) but did DB anyway. Had CM on monday and tuesday. will BD again tonight and cross all fingers and toes.

Please read the charter. Specifically the section below. I'm a mod of this forum and I nearly had to consult an acronym dictionary. How about instead of BD you just say had sex? We're all adults here - we're not going to get offended by the S word.

Charter extract:
    Posting in "TxtSpk"
    Please don't do this, enough said.
    This includes forum abbreviations such as DD, DS, OH etc. They make reading the forums difficult for those new to them. The parenting forum has been set up to be as inclusive as possible for anyone who is involved with rearing children and we hope to keep it that way. These acronyms are both cliquey and pointless.

Cliquey in that if you're part of the crowd you'll know them and if you don't get them you'll feel like an outsider. This forum is inclusive and these acronyms are not - so don't use them.

Pointless: As J.M. Dodd, Chief Internet Officer of Offbeat Empire said, "Acronyming saves you seconds, and costs readers minutes as they try to translate." - so don't use them. E.g "Son" is three characters, DS is two. Take the time to write the word that everyone understands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

dublinlady wrote: »
    Yeah I'm gonna order some here too I think! Don't suppose you could get a positive this month? Often the cramping can be pregnancy rather than period! Saying that I'm of the frame of mind that there's no point getting hoped up if can help it... I just can never control myself!

Sorry ur out YH :(
    Good luck with the gonal f's hollywood
    And good luck to everyone else on 2ww

Oh I've been annoying myself wondering the same but on top of the cramps I've been cranky as a bag of cats the last few days too!!

Roesy wrote: »
    Oh I've been annoying myself wondering the same but on top of the cramps I've been cranky as a bag of cats the last few days too!!

I'm always like a bag of cats so I can't judge based on that ;)
    Look either way we will get the ovulation pee on sticks and have a great next month getting excited about a positive result on something!! What is it about peeling on sticks that gets me so worked up!!?
    Still no period here... But no sore boobs either - 3 months is a very very short time and I'm well aware of that so again I'm just going with it - just impossible not to become obsessed when the outcome is so life changing...!!
    I'm expecting a year - cos took that on my first so this time anything earlier than that is very very lucky! My second was very very lucky....my eldest was 5 months. I do appreciate how blessed I am so feel I should never moan about this now - weirdly the yearning for a baby is as intense at this stage as it was first time. But don't ever think I'm taking my two ladies for granted - just wanted to say that.. Hope there's some good news on this or the long timers thread really soon x

Orion wrote: »
    Please read the charter. Specifically the section below. I'm a mod of this forum and I nearly had to consult an acronym dictionary. How about instead of BD you just say had sex? We're all adults here - we're not going to get offended by the S word.

Charter extract:
    Posting in "TxtSpk"
    Please don't do this, enough said.
    This includes forum abbreviations such as DD, DS, OH etc. They make reading the forums difficult for those new to them. The parenting forum has been set up to be as inclusive as possible for anyone who is involved with rearing children and we hope to keep it that way. These acronyms are both cliquey and pointless.

Cliquey in that if you're part of the crowd you'll know them and if you don't get them you'll feel like an outsider. This forum is inclusive and these acronyms are not - so don't use them.

Pointless: As J.M. Dodd, Chief Internet Officer of Offbeat Empire said, "Acronyming saves you seconds, and costs readers minutes as they try to translate." - so don't use them. E.g "Son" is three characters, DS is two. Take the time to write the word that everyone understands.

Sorry about that, I only ever learned those abrieviations on this particular forum when I started trying to concieve. I thought it was the done thing here. It took me a while to figure out what each of them meant. I hadnt seen anyone giving out about it before so i thought that you were allowed/supposed to use them here. I hate Txt speak, and never use it, i was just doing what everyone else was typing. Apologies - and thanks for making me feel so welcome on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I'm still waiting to get my period after misscarriage last month :(

Good luck to all of you waiting to test!

Sorry you're out Yellow Hen, brand new month for trying again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

silly wrote: »
    Sorry about that, I only ever learned those abrieviations on this particular forum when I started trying to concieve. I thought it was the done thing here. It took me a while to figure out what each of them meant. I hadnt seen anyone giving out about it before so i thought that you were allowed/supposed to use them here. I hate Txt speak, and never use it, i was just doing what everyone else was typing. Apologies - and thanks for making me feel so welcome on this forum.

No problem. Hope everything goes well.

I'm out :(

So on the day I would've turned 12 weeks and been able to give everyone my good news, I got my 1st period since miss carrying.

Very bitter sweet :(

• Advertisement

That's hard sittingpretty. Be kind to yourself, you've had a really ****ty thing happen. X

So on the day I would've turned 12 weeks and been able to give everyone my good news, I got my 1st period since miss carrying.

Very bitter sweet :(

Hope ur ok - that's very rough :(
    Mind urself x

Thanks girls, trying to stay positive and look forward :)

Here's to lots of positives for all of us in the coming weeks and months :)

X x

Sorry to hear that Sittingpretty, our bodies can be pretty cruel sometimes x

I don't know where I am, didn't ovulate as far as I can tell so far, positive OPKs here & there but none lining up with temps & no fertile mucus, head is wreaked :confused:

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Sittingpretty, our bodies can be pretty cruel sometimes x

I don't know where I am, didn't ovulate as far as I can tell so far, positive OPKs here & there but none lining up with temps & no fertile mucus, head is wreaked :confused:

What day u on?
    It's so hard to know what's going on in there!

dublinlady wrote: »
    What day u on?
    It's so hard to know what's going on in there!

CD30 :rolleyes:

My last cycle I ovulated at CD29 which was pretty late even for me, I've keep track of my ovulation days for the last 2 years & I have once ovulated at CD39 so not out of the relms of possiblity that I still have to ovulate but all my cramps from last week seem to be gone??
    Swore I wouldn't start obsessing over this, easier said that done though:o

Ms2011 wrote: »
    CD30 :rolleyes:

My last cycle I ovulated at CD29 which was pretty late even for me, I've keep track of my ovulation days for the last 2 years & I have once ovulated at CD39 so not out of the relms of possiblity that I still have to ovulate but all my cramps from last week seem to be gone??
    Swore I wouldn't start obsessing over this, easier said that done though:o

Could it have been a weak ovulation? Could u have missed the temp? God I've no idea! I have no idea if I ovulated once twice or not at all this month ! But am happy my cycles have fallen back into 30 days as they were before - just have to keep trying and assume it happening somewhere in the middle! Don't know why but I can't make myself but the ovulation sticks - keep going to and keep wussing out - want to keep calm - it's only month 4 trying so have to try and not let by obsessive personality take over!

Dunno I've a feeling I just haven't ovulated yet:confused:

My cycles have been going grand the past year then as soon as we decide to try again it goes haywire, Murphy's Law I guess.
    (must not start obsessing, must not start obsessing...!!!)

I am on CD 23.......Ovia app says I can test in 2 days! I thought I couldnt test until next wednesday when period is due? I bought two run of the mill tests today not thinking I could test so early until I looked at the app - I guess I should have bought the clear blue ones...
    I have tender boobs, and little red spots on my chest - which I had when I was pregnant last time....

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for both of you ladies.
    Silly that seems a bit early to be testing, I could be wrong though, my clinic tells me 18 days past ovulation is when I need to test, feels like ages, I was never pregnant so I don't know... I'm only 3dpo now, I'm going to test if I get to CD28 though coz my Cycle is normally 27 days so I'll definitely be late at that stage!

My last 2 rounds of OI with TSI didn't work so I'm keeping calm this time and not obsessing, hoping it does work but at this stage if I think about it at all I get depressed so keeping busy and not dwelling on it. V. difficult task

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement