Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Have been avoiding this thread as I'm trying to chill and just saw your news DFT, am so sorry for your loss. Hug. X

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Hi guys. I took a first response test early this morning and brought it back into the bedroom with me to wait for it to complete. Just as I closed the door behind me, less than a minute after peeing, I glanced at it and there was already a thick second line on the window.

I'm a mixture of over the moon and utterly terrified but I'm determined to enjoy it as long as it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ah Iguana, I'm delighted for you:D:D:D:D

Huge congratulations to you, it's about time you got your positive;)

xx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

iguana wrote: »
    Hi guys. I took a first response test early this morning and brought it back into the bedroom with me to wait for it to complete. Just as I closed the door behind me, less than a minute after peeing, I glanced at it and there was already a thick second line on the window.

I'm a mixture of over the moon and utterly terrified but I'm determined to enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Thats brilliant news Iguana, I'm delighted for you! :D I felt exactly the same when I got mine but the way I saw it was to enjoy the feeling and that the outcome was out of my hands. It still is!

Enjoy this with your hubby and pamper yourself a bit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congrats iguana. Thrilled for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Big congrats Iguana!!!

Just looking for pregnancy tests online, what ones do everyone use, theres so many different types!! Dont know if I'd trust the cheapy ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Iguana, thats fantastic news! Thrilled for you. Lets hope its the start of a round of good news around here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Huge congrats iguana!! :)

Thanks guys. Had a really nice day. We went for lunch in town and bought a couple of pregnancy books and then were really naughty and bought a little white snuggly suit in Marks and Spencers. I know how ridiculously soon it is but I want something tangible to enjoy. :D

Fingerscrossed I'm the first of a big new wave of positives.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Big congrats Iguana!!!

Just looking for pregnancy tests online, what ones do everyone use, theres so many different types!! Dont know if I'd trust the cheapy ones?

I got the internet cheapies - the little dipsticks. They certainly told me when I wasnt pregnant :( and they told me when I was :) these are the ones I ordered: http://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/acatalog/home-fertility-bundles-fertility.html but I know that you can get them on ebay for even less.

I did have a couple of First Response and clearblue digital to confirm the happy news stashed in a drawer and used them when I got a faint positive on the cheapie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Aww brill news Iguana, I'm absolutely delighted for you x
    Thanks guys. Had a really nice day. We went for lunch in town and bought a couple of pregnancy books and then were really naughty and bought a little white snuggly suit in Marks and Spencers. I know how ridiculously soon it is but I want something tangible to enjoy. :D
    QUOTE]

I bought my first baby item at 5 weeks, I refused to let my mind be bogged down by what might be and just enjoyed the experience, do whatever feels right for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Fantastic news Iguana delighted for you both. Buying the sleepsuit completely acceptable :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Congrats Iguana, this is epic! Great to see you hit the jackpot!! Wishing you a healthy & happy 9 months!! xx

Thanks guys. I really hope we'll all have healthy babies soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Iguana!!! Fantastic news!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Big congrats Iguana!!!

the cheapies are the most sensitive! I have done more tests that I will ever admit so can vouch for them. Got my two positives on 11dpo and 10dpo with these ;)

also you don't feel guilty buying a hundred and testing insanely because they are so cheap (if you buy 100 they work out at about 20c each!)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/100-OVULATION-PREGNANCY-TEST-TESTS-U-CHOOSE-FP-CHART-/310380305445?pt=UK_Health_HealthCare_RL&hash=item48441b9c25#ht_8718wt_1037

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Aww brill news Iguana, I'm absolutely delighted for you x
    QUOTE]

I bought my first baby item at 5 weeks, I refused to let my mind be bogged down by what might be and just enjoyed the experience, do whatever feels right for you ;)

I bought a baby bag on a whim one day.... there still isnt a baby :eek: but I dont think having the bag is a big deal. What will be will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

OMG iguana What wonderful, exciting and amazing news... so trilled for you. Oh Wow, you must be as hight as a kite with joy. So any clue of DD?

OMG iguana What wonderful, exciting and amazing news... so trilled for you. Oh Wow, you must be as hight as a kite with joy. So any clue of DD?

The internet says November 4th based on my last period. I'm not exactly sure when I ovulated as I had a scan on the 14th and the Napro doctor said she wasn't entirely sure if I had just ovulated or was about to. (Then she looked at my other ovary and said she wasn't actually sure which ovary was ovulating. It was a confusing scan. She blamed the fact that I was (TMI alert) a couple of hours away from a bowel movement and the contents of my intestines were getting in the way of a good picture.:o:o:o) So I guess my due date should be at some point in the first week of November.

They have me on Low Dose Naltrexone at the moment that she advised staying on for at least the first trimester, as they find it lowers incidence of miscarriage and I'll call the clinic tomorrow and see if there is anything else they suggest. I'm having mild abdominal cramps that feel quite, but not exactly, like menstrual cramps which are making me a bit tense every time the happen.

At the moment the biggest relief is that I can now visit my in-laws without feeling sick about it. My sister in-law is expecting twins in the summer and even though I know she had her own battle to conceive them, I've struggled around pregnant women. Though my husband wants to wait a while before telling his family so it'll be one way pregnancy conversations for the next while. (I hope he comes around to telling them soon, as if anything bad happens, I'd prefer if they know.)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Wow - Iguana that's fantastic news - congratulations!
    Give Napro a ring -they might ask you to get bloods done - just so they can monitor your progestrone levels and prescribe some progestrone support if necessary. Enjoy every minute.:)

• Advertisement

At the moment the biggest relief is that I can now visit my in-laws without feeling sick about it. My sister in-law is expecting twins in the summer and even though I know she had her own battle to conceive them, I've struggled around pregnant women. Though my husband wants to wait a while before telling his family so it'll be one way pregnancy conversations for the next while. (I hope he comes around to telling them soon, as if anything bad happens, I'd prefer if they know.)

I know what you mean - last year one of my inlaws got their good news and when my partner told me I burst into tears - I was happy for them but so sad for us. Sadly they lost their baby, and this year the roles are reversed - my partner and I are so happy and I can see they are trying to be all happy for us but its really hard for them - I can see the sadness in their eyes, and I wish it was within my power to fix it for them :(

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Wow - Iguana that's fantastic news - congratulations!
    Give Napro a ring -they might ask you to get bloods done - just so they can monitor your progestrone levels and prescribe some progestrone support if necessary. Enjoy every minute.:)

Bang on the money! They got me to get the HCG, Progesterone and Estradiol tests from my GP and subscribed me progesterone suppositories, 2 a day. Getting the suppositories was a bit of a nightmare and I got more than a bit upset and slightly panicky that I needed them and I NEED THEM NOW which it turned out I didn't, but I blame it on my hormones.:rolleyes:
    Neyite wrote: »
    I know what you mean - last year one of my inlaws got their good news and when my partner told me I burst into tears - I was happy for them but so sad for us. Sadly they lost their baby, and this year the roles are reversed - my partner and I are so happy and I can see they are trying to be all happy for us but its really hard for them - I can see the sadness in their eyes, and I wish it was within my power to fix it for them :(

It sucks that it's all so complicated doesn't it? How I miss those innocent days when I was pregnant on my first try and foolishly thought miscarriages were something that happened to other people.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Morning all. This is a bit of a TMI moment so apologies:oI'm on CD21 and on the 2ww. I'm due AF next Monday or Tuesday. This morning when I went to the loo when I wiped (sorry:o:o) There was some blood. Not much and not really like AF blood. It was bright red. I'm really worried that I had one of those chemical pregnancies (God damn google!!) Or am I just being paranoid cause of the miscarriage last October. I've probably had the exact same thing loads of times a week before AF is due and never noticed.

It sucks that it's all so complicated doesn't it? How I miss those innocent days when I was pregnant on my first try and foolishly thought miscarriages were something that happened to other people.:rolleyes:

I know how you feel iguana

Bang on the money! They got me to get the HCG, Progesterone and Estradiol tests from my GP and subscribed me progesterone suppositories, 2 a day. Getting the suppositories was a bit of a nightmare and I got more than a bit upset and slightly panicky that I needed them and I NEED THEM NOW which it turned out I didn't, but I blame it on my hormones.:rolleyes:
    Worry not! I was on and off the suppositories throughout my entire pregnancy, depending on my hormone levels - from the very beginning to the day my little man arrived. Just think of it as a bonus to know which direction your progestrone is going and to be able to balance it out quickly. Great you don't need it at the moment but don't panic if you do - it's totally normal for the hormone levels to go up and down throughout the pregnancy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I have been away for a few days and it seems I missed some excitment! Congrats Iguana, hoping for a healthy and happy 9months for you!

My cycle for the last 7 months has been from 31-33days with a day or two of spotting before full AF. Am on CD35 now with nothing, zilch. Was thinking this was a good sign over the weekend but a BFN put paid to those hopes yesterday :rolleyes: Have been cramping like a mad thing on and off since Friday and now know my body is just being a big old witch on me so would really like AF to hurry up and get here so I can start again. Not happy about the long cycle one bit.

Custard any chance it's late ovulation bleed or even better implantation bleed???? :) I know what you mean though I can sometimes drive myself mad wondering if something I have noticed for the first time is new or there all along and I have just ignored it :rolleyes:

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Worry not! I was on and off the suppositories throughout my entire pregnancy, depending on my hormone levels - from the very beginning to the day my little man arrived. Just think of it as a bonus to know which direction your progestrone is going and to be able to balance it out quickly. Great you don't need it at the moment but don't panic if you do - it's totally normal for the hormone levels to go up and down throughout the pregnancy. :)

Oh I'm using the progesterone at the moment, I meant I actually got really confused and thought I needed it immediately!!!!! I thought the person at Napro was being literal when she said to take the Cyclogest straight away after the blood test. I couldn't get it for a few hours as first the chemist was closed, then the other chemist I went to didn't have it, then there was a mix up with my prescription and all the while I had managed to convince myself that the blood 'loss' from the tests had depleted my hormones. I couldn't get on to anyone at Napro as they were at lunch so I ended up crying that I'd done everything wrong and should have gotten the Cyclogest first.:o I'm a crazy embarrassment.

Oh I'm using the progesterone at the moment, I meant I actually got really confused and thought I needed it immediately!!!!! I thought the person at Napro was being literal when she said to take the Cyclogest straight away after the blood test. I couldn't get it for a few hours as first the chemist was closed, then the other chemist I went to didn't have it, then there was a mix up with my prescription and all the while I had managed to convince myself that the blood 'loss' from the tests had depleted my hormones. I couldn't get on to anyone at Napro as they were at lunch so I ended up crying that I'd done everything wrong and should have gotten the Cyclogest first.:o I'm a crazy embarrassment.
    :D:D:D Sorry for laughing but hormones do crazy things to our minds, don't they? Oh god love you - but it's only natural that you want everything to be perfect. Now chill out and let Cyclogest do the work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Haven't had a mooch on this thread in about a week and so much has happened. Both incredibly sad and incredibly good.

It really is such a rollercoaster. I'm 18 wks now & still crapping myself with worry to be honest!

I'm still so glad all these particular threads are here, they give a support that you sadly sometimes can't get from people around you (apart from partners of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patrice12

hey i was put on primolut n 3 times a day for 6 days , 3 days after i took my last pill i got a bleed, ive a low reading of progesterone in my body hence irregular periods and not ovulating, im just wondering with taking primolut n could it make me ovulate because of my naturally low progesterone levels? thanks.

• Advertisement

hi Mink, hope you're enjoying the pregnancy amogst the worry. I think we would all be a bit like that. I've read some of the saddest (and happiest) things on this thread so can't help but worry a little I imagine. :)

Patrice, sorry I cant help you but just wanted to say welcome to the thread :)

I'm on day15 and on my second high day on the monitor so it's all business round our house. Just spotted this on the internet and might buy it for my husband :Dhttp://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/13530449/Ring-To-Make-Love-Bell/Product.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement