Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I have just applied for a year long course today, starting September. Either I get the interviews and have something I can do for a few months next Sept, or I can cancel it all because of a pregnancy!!! Needless to say I rather the latter, but better to have something planned, since next month marks the 1 year mark of trying!

Yeah you definitely need to keep making plans for the future, even if you really, really hope you will never be able to achieve them due to pregnancy. If you don't you could see a great chunk of your life pass you by with less to show for it than you'd like. And how awful would it be to get to September and not be pregnant and not have the option of the course either. Not only would you be gutted to have still not conceived but you'd really be kicking yourself for passing up the chance to do something else you'd be proud of.

I recently started the couch to 5k programme and am seriously thinking of training with a goal of possibly doing the Dublin City marathon just before Halloween. I have just about enough time to get in shape for it. Obviously I really, really hope I will be too blimp like to even contemplate it come October but if I have to end 2012 without a baby/pregnancy, I'd rather end it with a giant shiny medal.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

iguana wrote: »
    I recently started the couch to 5k programme and am seriously thinking of training with a goal of possibly doing the Dublin City marathon just before Halloween. I have just about enough time to get in shape for it. Obviously I really, really hope I will be too blimp like to even contemplate it come October but if I have to end 2012 without a baby/pregnancy, I'd rather end it with a giant shiny medal.:cool:

I should start going to the gym again actually. I finished a course and was slightly chunky due to too many fast meals, snacking and what not so I went from a size 12, which with my height (or lack there of) made me seem very round to a size 8 thanks to healthy eating and working out and as soon as I got a flat belly................ baby! Could work again!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cevans

Digs wrote: »
    Jeez those prices would terrify me! Well if you've had scans and bloods done that's half the battle... And cuts out a bit of the cost. I've been seeing an endo for pcos for years he refered me to a gynae because I was having a bit of spotting and he just wanted it checked out (wasn't necessarily a fertility referral as we're only trying a few months). The gynae charged €160 and did another ultrasound when I was there which was included in his fee.

Have you been on any medication for pcos? I have been on glucophage (metformin) for the past few years on and off. The gynae put me back on it a few weeks ago, he did bloods that day to confirm I was ovulating (which thankfully I was) but the metformin is recommended for women with pcos as it can help with weight, ovulating etc esp when ttc. I find I do much much better when I'm on it! He basically said to stay on the metformin for about six months and if nothing happens come back he may go with cloimid although I want to avoid that drug at all costs!

If you want me to pm his name to you that's no problem, I'm not sure the guidelines on naming docs on these threads!!

Hi Digs thanks so much. If you could PM me his name that would be great! Im not on any medication. I suppose up until last year i was on the pill so didnt realise how bad my PCOS was. No that im not getting my AF im really scared and want to get things into motion quickly- something like metformin would definetly help me and thats why i went to gp. But after scans and bloods she just referred me to Rotunda! I suppose i probably should have asked for metformin...:)

Thanks so much for your help, i have been reading this thread for the last year and its been so much help to me

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I should start going to the gym again actually. I finished a course and was slightly chunky due to too many fast meals, snacking and what not so I went from a size 12, which with my height (or lack there of) made me seem very round to a size 8 thanks to healthy eating and working out and as soon as I got a flat belly................ baby! Could work again!!!!

There could be something to that. My doctor at the Napro clinic started me on a medication to increase my endorphin levels as low endorphins and infertility go hand in hand. So increasing your endorphins with exercise could make it easier to conceive and carry a healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Hi posting on the monitor thread and TTC thread. Dilema. Due to my hubbys low sperm count as a result of chemo two years ago I'm trying to work out the best days to have intercourse. Very romantic I know:D So I thought that I'd ovulate tomorrow and was planning to have intercourse last night (Sunday), Tuesday and Thursday. So last night went as planned and then I did the monitor this morning and a cheapy ovulation test. The monitor says I'm at peak fertility and the cheapy test was positive. Now I'm wondering if we should just do it again when we get home or wait until tomorrow? If we wait until tomorrow it will be tomorrow night. My husband has college after work so he will be up at the craic of dawn for work and then won't be home till about 9/10.

Any advice? I'm tempted just to go for it again this evening and tomorrow:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I think I'd go for it again tonight Custard Cream. The sperm will survive long enough but if you wait until tomorrow and miss ovulation, you'd missed your chance.

Hi boardsies, how are you all doing? Custard I hope you got jiggy tonight ;)

I'm on cd6, just going through the motions until ov day. Next month I'll be started on clomid. My gynae has never suggested my husband get tested which I think is odd so that's the next step. Dreading they'll find something wrong. :(

Morning, we did indeed yellow hen:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hi girls

CD28 feeling exceptionally ordinary and non pregnant (not that I'd know the alternative!!) Will know by the weekend either way, have done well this cycle and stuck to my guns about not getting obssessed, makes the 2WW go by a bit faster anyway ;)

Hope all are well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I hope you ladies, preggo or preggo-in-waiting, are all keeping well :)

My little twiglet gave up the fight today at 6 weeks. Devastated. Again. Life is so unfair. The spotting started a week ago, eerily on the exact same day as it did last time round. I knew it was over before it started but nonetheless I filled my head with the many articles online that say spotting is ok (and in a lot of cases it is, just not in mine :( )
    Ugh, tired and sad and back to the drawing board... When will it be my turn to have no drama on this ttc journey; I can't take it anymore :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

DFT I am genuinely so so so sorry to hear that :(:( You poor thing

Life is so bloody unfair. Thinking of you, am always at a loss for words when I hear things like this.

Take care of yourself and your partner and keep the belief that your time will come x x

I'm so sorry DFT, I'd really been rooting for you.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Detective, I am so sorry to hear your news. :( Nobody deserves what you and hubby have gone through these last few years, and I understand why you would feel so sad and defeated now.

Words are inadequate really in cases like this. Take care of yourself, lots and lots of hugs. XXX

As Neyite said, there really are no words to comfort you right now DFT. You are in my thoughts and prayers. One day at a time pet.x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Detectiv I am so sorry for you & your partners loss.

Anything I say now will be trite & won't make things any better, I just wish there was something I could do/say to take the pain away for you.
    I hope you and your partner come through this loss & although It's not something you want to think of now you are grieving, I pray that you both get to hold your baby some day (soon).

Take care of yourselves x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm so so incredibly sorry dft. it's unfair and cruel. I wish there was something I could say that would give you comfort :( my thoughts and prayers are truly with you at this horrible, devastating time. Make sure to talk to your husband and be there for each other as always, together you will find strength. I'm so so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

I'm so sorry to hear that DFT, my thoughts are with you and your partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

DFT - that is very sad news. Many of us here have experienced it and we all understand the heartache and although we all try hard, there is nothing anyone can say to relieve you of your pain.
    Take the time to grieve and make sure you talk a lot - bottling it up will make things worse in the end.
    Take care of yourselves..x :(

DFT I'm so sorry for both of you. Take care of yourself. I'll say a pray for your little one.

I had a hospital appt yest. Had an internal ultrasound and my left ovary was 'missing'! I have to go back now for a pelvic ultrasound so they can get s better look. It was defo there when I had lap at Xmas. I started crying in the consultants room, was a bit mortified! Think it all just got on top of me :(

My husband now has to do a SA and I am due to start clomid next month.

Did the missing ovary ever happen anyone? Am a bit worried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

DFT, so sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

yellow hen, I can only imagine how distressing that is for you. You poor thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

DFT I am heart broken for you, nothing I can say can help. Try to mind yourself, cry when you want to, talk to your partner and encourage him to do the same. I find looking at the good in my life helps, but only some of the way.
    This journey is harder than most for some of us, fingers crossed though it will bring the desired result eventually.
    Sending you big hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cevans

DFT im so sorry for you and your partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

DFT, big hugs to you. I don't know what to say. You know I'm here, anytime, for you both.

Lighting a candle for you all xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fluffyduck11

Very sorry to hear your news DFT, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your partner, I cannot imagine the pain and heartache youre feeling, big hugs xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

thanks y'all, you're a great support, don't know what I'd do with ya.

Well The Coombe confirmed today that it's a 'complete miscarriage' thankfully, no D&C or drugs required, same as last time. One thing I'll give my body credit for, when it decides it's over it's over, no messing about. I would hate for this to linger on for weeks and then need intervention. My lining is still 'early pregnancy thick' so there'll be a few more days of bleeding and stuff.

It's amazing how quickly you become non-pregnant. My symptoms had faded on Sunday then bam Monday - all gone. Physically it's not as bad as last time, I guess because I was further along, I am thankful for that. My hormones are all over the place though and I'm very tired. Still a bit crampy today but it's totally manageable.
    I wanted to go to the garden centre today, pick out a nice plant and say my goodbyes in the sun, but unlike yesterday which was beautiful the sun hid on me today. Perhaps tomorrow......

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Detectiv foxtrot; I'm so sorry for your loss, take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

DFT I am heartbroken reading your post, there is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Please take care, both you and your OH x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

DFT
    I am so sorry for you and your husbands loss. It is just heartbreaking. As Barbie said keep talking, and cry as much or as little as you need to. I wish I could say that you will be fine in a short time but it will take you a long while to get over your lass. All the hopes and dreams that go with it.

I and many others here understand your pain and are here to listen and help in any way we can.

I found it helped to find a way of letting go and I am glad you plan on buying a plant. Be very kind to yourself and do everything at your own pace.

xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement