Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hope83

Hi girls, just letting you know I got a BFP this morning!!!! Clear Blue test which said 1-2 weeks. AF isnt due until Sunday (27 day cycle) but just did a test for some reason yesterday morning (Euro shop one) and there was a faint line (thought it could have been a dud so didnt believe it). Bought the digital one after and did it again this morning and bingo! Myself and my boyfriend are delighted but at the back of my head I wont be happy until after Sunday when hopefully AF wont make an appearance. I have all the usual pre-period symptoms like a bloated stomach (gassy) and cramps. The only thing that has been different to any other month is a sore throat but that might not be connected oh and a few spots on my back. I was sure I would know when I was pregnant since Ive been trying for nearly a year naturally. My boyfriend is going to New York on Monday so was going to test on Sunday anyway as I would want to tell him face to face if I were. He will be gone for a few weeks which Im thinking now is probably for the best if my hormones are going to be flying around the place :) I am pretty scared as it will be my first baby and Ive heard that a lot of people miscarry their first! PG that wont happen. Fingers crossed for all you other girls trying. x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hope83 wrote: »
    Hi girls, just letting you know I got a BFP this morning!!!! Clear Blue test which said 1-2 weeks. AF isnt due until Sunday (27 day cycle) but just did a test for some reason yesterday morning (Euro shop one) and there was a faint line (thought it could have been a dud so didnt believe it). Bought the digital one after and did it again this morning and bingo! Myself and my boyfriend are delighted but at the back of my head I wont be happy until after Sunday when hopefully AF wont make an appearance. I have all the usual pre-period symptoms like a bloated stomach (gassy) and cramps. The only thing that has been different to any other month is a sore throat but that might not be connected oh and a few spots on my back. I was sure I would know when I was pregnant since Ive been trying for nearly a year naturally. My boyfriend is going to New York on Monday so was going to test on Sunday anyway as I would want to tell him face to face if I were. He will be gone for a few weeks which Im thinking now is probably for the best if my hormones are going to be flying around the place :) I am pretty scared as it will be my first baby and Ive heard that a lot of people miscarry their first! PG that wont happen. Fingers crossed for all you other girls trying. x

Massive Congratulations to you!! :):):)

I was scared at first, but then I figured that it was out of my hands now and that if something bad was to happen I would be no less devestated if I had been happy instead of scared. Just look after yourself, eat well, drink plenty of fluids and baby will do the rest. :)

Thanks Neyite, you're right-what will be will be! Im so excited but getting WAY ahead of myself already! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Big congrats to you both, such exciting times for you!!
    Hope83 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

massive, massive congrats Hope 83. Neyite is right you can't do anything to stop a miss so just enjoy the pregnancy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Huge congrats Hope!! So exciting...particularly when you didnt really expect it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Another BFP!!! Huge Congrats Hope x

Things come in 3's, so come on, who's next :-)

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Another BFP!!! Huge Congrats Hope x

Things come in 3's, so come on, who's next :-)
    Cd26 now but I feel absolutely nothing. :( think this isn't our month.

Editing to say that I now have a pain in my back which I usually associate with the arrival of AF. I only ov'd on day19 so if she arrived today, day26 I'll be gutted.

I'd started to hope I was joining you ladies this month, sore boobs and very tired last two weeks. Then past few months i've been 25 days and today is 27 an his morning still no period. But in the last half hour i'm getting the proper dragging cramps of a bad period coming on. So disappointed we really wanted this. I know we're on the waiting list for Napro but after 3.5 years i'm tired of it all. Anyway chocies and wine tonight and tomorrow a new day and smile will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

great to see bfp.s on this thread! here's hoping it keeps up!x
    i.m 19weeks today and decided to drop in and delighted to see good news!

• Advertisement

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I'd started to hope I was joining you ladies this month, sore boobs and very tired last two weeks. Then past few months i've been 25 days and today is 27 an his morning still no period. But in the last half hour i'm getting the proper dragging cramps of a bad period coming on. So disappointed we really wanted this. I know we're on the waiting list for Napro but after 3.5 years i'm tired of it all. Anyway chocies and wine tonight and tomorrow a new day and smile will be back.
    Hey barbiegirl, there's no mistaking the pain when it arrives. It's mentally draining even when you try to tell yourself that it will happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

huge hugs to you Barbie girl. We'll get there and when we do our babies will be so amazing and so worth the wait xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Ps Hope83 you should start a new Due thread in the Pregnant forum !!

I know Funk! Will wait a week to set up a new October 2012 group just to be sure. Have major cramping at the moment. Had my first night out without drinking and have had to come home early as just felt sick. It was weird just asking for a 7up - the barman was even shocked and said "no vodka?". Its going to be a hard few months without anyone noticing :) Hopefully I will have a few more due buddies soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hope your smile is back today Barbiegirl, how you feeling?

I know some of you ladies have posted many times before about this but went back a few pages and gave up as I couldn't find what I was looking for :D Whats the recommendation for taking asprin after ovulation? It's a really tiny amount isn't it?

CD19 for me so the wait begins but will not be getting too stressed about it this month (determined face). Next month I will be trying the cough medicine trick, complete lack of cm the last few months, have been using preseed which is great but a bit impractical for spontaneous loving hehe :p!!

Hope everyone else is well :)

Digs wrote: »
    Hope your smile is back today Barbiegirl, how you feeling?

I know some of you ladies have posted many times before about this but went back a few pages and gave up as I couldn't find what I was looking for :DWhats the recommendation for taking asprin after ovulation? It's a really tiny amount isn't it?

CD19 for me so the wait begins but will not be getting too stressed about it this month (determined face). Next month I will be trying the cough medicine trick, complete lack of cm the last few months, have been using preseed which is great but a bit impractical for spontaneous loving hehe :p!!

Hope everyone else is well :)

Yup, it's the baby asprin dose which is the equivalent of a quarter of a regular asprin

Hi guys yep the smile is back. I just had a lovely day and am happy out on the sofa with hubbie and doggies :-)

Hi guys yep the smile is back. I just had a lovely day and am happy out on the sofa with hubbie and doggies :-)
    Good to hear. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Thats what is needed. Hugs do wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Hope83! Fantastic news!! Wishing you a very happy & healthy pregnancy :)

• Advertisement

Just got some brown cm so i guess AF is going to follow shortly. :( That means my lutheal phase is only 9 days. I've been taking vitamin b complex as i read that it can help lengthen it. Has anyone any thoughts?

I am actually sitting in work trying not to cry :(. I am so weary of feeling this disappointment every month. How do you all stay sane?

Cuddles from the hubbie works for me yellow hen, plus I allow myself some treats that I can't have mid month, such as I'm on my 3rd coffee today, I normally confine it to 1 in the morning.

I try to tell myself it's a new start and a new day. Of course that's after allowing myself a day to just feel like crap and eat chocolate.

Cuddles from the hubbie works for me yellow hen, plus I allow myself some treats that I can't have mid month, such as I'm on my 3rd coffee today, I normally confine it to 1 in the morning.

I try to tell myself it's a new start and a new day. Of course that's after allowing myself a day to just feel like crap and eat chocolate.

Just got the cuddle. Also had 3 coffees, an eclair and several biscuits...still a bit miserable. :o I want a big dirty takeaway but already made a stew so will have to make do!

I've only had a tiny bit of brown cm but I generally just feel rotten and a bit nauseaus. Would love to believe its implantation bleed but I dont think so. The pains and discomfort is all too familiar. Clomid here we come!

The stew will keep til tomorrow YH, get your takeaway;)

My OH doesn't even need to ask anymore, he just arrives home with wine and a takeaway:D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    The stew will keep til tomorrow YH, get your takeaway;)

My OH doesn't even need to ask anymore, he just arrives home with wine and a takeaway:D

Ha, I had a teeny tiny plate of stew followed by a bag of cheese and onion and two kit kats ;) still no AF but no more cm either...V odd. Afraid to get hopes up.

Just an update before I go to work. There was no more brown cm last night or this morn. Honestly it was so small that you wouldnt have paid any heed if you werent actively looking for it. Really did feel 'off' last night and had very bad twinges in ovaries. Im not sure how much of this pain is attributable to the laparoscopy or the build up of small blood cysts. Its 10dpo, took a cheapie hpt this morn (being valentines and all :cool:) but was negative. Anyways, have calmed down and normality has resumed.

(Still hoping that there's a chance though. :o)
    Anyone else on the 2ww?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

morning, I'm on cd7 and I'm just so down in the dumps. I nearly started crying on the dart on the way in this morning. I'm not sure what is wrong with me. I'm up and down all the time. I feel like I'm trapped in a 2ww constantly. Waiting to be able to test and then waiting for AF to be over so we can start again. I'm also so sick of my job but don't want to leave as firstly there aren't really any other jobs out there and secondly I want my maternity leave!
    On Saturday night a friend had all the girls over. They all have babies under a year or are pregnant. All the talk for the night was about babies and pregnancy. Then they started talking about scans and how horrible it would be to go for a scan and to have nothing there. I could only think about my scan experience. Still it was a nice night and it's great for them that they were all expecting at the same time.
    Sorry for venting. Yellow Hen I have my fingers crossed. I could do with some good news so hurry up 2ww and get testing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh CC that is so hard. Do you think you could tell your friends about your experience? The first time I had a m/c I told nobody but when it happened again I told close friends and family and I found it easier to deal with. It meant that people were sensitive to the issue and if I was having an "off day" they would understand and leave me at it! I hope you feel better soon.

YH - as has been said here many time before, it's not over until the ould AF witch arrives!

I'm on cd18 today and not holding out any hope this month. We didn't do the deed too often this month - circumstances just went against us, but on the up side, at least I won't spend the next 2 weeks driving myself crazy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Very long time lurker here, but have never posted before. I want to thank all of you who have though, you helped me to keep it together during our journey. Like some of you I also have a short luteal phase. It really used to upset me, because I've always wanted children, but then I started to tell myself that at least I only had a week-and-a-bit wait instead of a 2ww. I don't know if it was that, or our acceptance that maybe children just weren't going to happen for us, but after a year and a half of trying we did conceive.

We know that it doesn't happen easily for us, but knowing that it can happen, and that we'll be ok if it doesn't, somehow makes it less stressful.

Congrats to those of you with positives. Best of luck to those of you still trying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fluffyduck11

morning, I'm on cd7 and I'm just so down in the dumps. I nearly started crying on the dart on the way in this morning. I'm not sure what is wrong with me. I'm up and down all the time. I feel like I'm trapped in a 2ww constantly. Waiting to be able to test and then waiting for AF to be over so we can start again. I'm also so sick of my job but don't want to leave as firstly there aren't really any other jobs out there and secondly I want my maternity leave!
    On Saturday night a friend had all the girls over. They all have babies under a year or are pregnant. All the talk for the night was about babies and pregnancy. Then they started talking about scans and how horrible it would be to go for a scan and to have nothing there. I could only think about my scan experience. Still it was a nice night and it's great for them that they were all expecting at the same time.
    Sorry for venting. Yellow Hen I have my fingers crossed. I could do with some good news so hurry up 2ww and get testing:)

Hi Custard Cream,
    Im on cd8 so a day ahead of you, I know exactly how you feel, after a lot of discussion and tears I decided to give up my job as we thought this might be the problem, shift work and weekend work clashing with dh 9 to 5 job , I was just too wrecked for baby making. That was 2 years ago and we are still without a baby, 3 yrs trying and me burying my head in the sand with the fear that there was more than a timing problem did not help, every month I'd buy pt convince myself that i was pregnant and set myself up for that big fall, its like someone ripping out your heart , I decided not to waste my money on the tests thats whats to be will be, when you want something so bad it can destroy you, its takes up your whole life. You have to stay positive CC its hard but the more you think about something the more you stress, which is going to have a negative effect on your body. I have a friend who has had nine mc , she inspires me so much , she never gave up and now has a beautiful son, she was told she would never carry full term but she proved them wrong. I know every case is different but you just have to stay strong and believe one day you will you will be blessed with that little miracle. Stay positive;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement