Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Heard a great story from a lady I work with. Her nephew's partner just had a baby last week after they were 10 years trying. They're together since they are 26/28 and now are 36/38 obviously. I don't know all the specifics but apparently they had to run the whole gamut of procedures and TTC processes over the years. The whole family is especially delighted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

How's everyone doing? I'm on the 2ww, bought a big batch of HPTs based on advice from you lovely ladies! Hope I don't end up using them all...

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Back at day one again. On a positive note I have my appointment in the Rotunda this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Goodne wrote: »
    Back at day one again. On a positive note I have my appointment in the Rotunda this week.
    Peak day for me again. It's day 18 again so I definitely seem to be ovulating late. Last month before clomid so fingers crossed we're lucky.:)

Started Clomid yesterday. Feeling pretty low about everything. Just totally fed up :(

• Advertisement

Started Clomid yesterday. Feeling pretty low about everything. Just totally fed up :(

I think it's so easy to feel like this, it's almost a constant effort to remain upbeat. Try stay positive. I have everything crossed (well, not everything :P!) that clomid will work for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

aw ((hugsies)) that's the Clomid causing that lovey. One of the side effects is despair, along with hot flashes, anger and full on weepiness. It's a horrible, horrible medicine. When you finish it in a few days you'll feel the symptoms lift quite quickly.

I took it for 11 cycles and I went totally mental on it, but only for the days I was taking it, it didn't last all cycle. Recommend you take the tablet/s one hour before going to bed to ease the side effects, it helped me.

Also, and I'm not offering medical advice here, but some research I did on that drug suggests it's pretty powerless after 3 months use, and, in fact, begins to act as a contraceptive. I'll see if I can find a link to the website (it's a legitimate doctors website as well, not a ttc message forum or anything). So if you have no positive results in 3 months I would suggest you re-visit your doc and agree next steps. Injects and timed intercourse would probably be the next option. Hope the side effects go away soon.
    :)

How is everone keeping ladies? Today we got back in the (proverbial) saddle mid morning (ahem :) ). we're gonna ttc immediately, don't see any point in waiting. We're giving it 3 cycles then back to starting IVF :)
    *drums fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

How is everone keeping ladies? Today we got back in the (proverbial) saddle mid morning (ahem :) ). we're gonna ttc immediately, don't see any point in waiting. We're giving it 3 cycles then back to starting IVF :)
    *drums fingers*

Good to see ya back DFT ;) Hope you're doing well x

I'm good, I'm on day 13. I'm having acupuncture and I'm much less stressed about TTC. We're only gonna try for this cycle and possibly next cycle and if it doesn't happen, we'll hold off til after the wedding:)

Oooh, I'm day 13 too! yay, we're sync'd. Bet you ovulate before me tho. Damn my lazy ovaries!!

How are the wedding plans going?

• Advertisement

My p1ssy sticks haven't arrived...not that they actually tell me when I'm ovulating :P I'm just praying I ovulate from my good ovary, not my wonky one :pac:

Plans are mighty, I can't wait! We're heading out in 4 weeks to view hotels and book:D

ah brill!!

I'm waiting on sticks too, are you really me?? haha

I have one cheapie left. I did one today and it was darkish, few days off positive tho I reckon. On my m/c cycle last year I ovulated on Day 16, but I think it was a dud cycle because temps didn't really rise etc. Hope it's not the case this month

I'm a bit upside down at the mo. My last cycle was 21 days. twenty freaking one days. That's NEVER happened me before. I've been one or two days last but never a full week early. I was really annoyed, especially as we were riding like a pair of teenagers for 12 days in a row :pac::pac:

that's mad alright. I've never had a short cycle, tis the opposite for me. So disappointing I'd say. Are you sure it wasn't a wee tear from all the jiggy jiggy? Actually that's a dumb question!

LOL!! Nah, it was definitely the witch. I was trying to convince myself that it was implantation bleeding, eejit that I am :pac:
    I've actually come to the conclusion that implantation bleeding is something the internet made up, just to mess with our emotions :P:o

Lucyfur wrote: »
    LOL!! Nah, it was definitely the witch. I was trying to convince myself that it was implantation bleeding, eejit that I am :pac:
    I've actually come to the conclusion that implantation bleeding is something the internet made up, just to mess with our emotions :P:o

Would you believe I got it with this recent pregnancy. I thought it was a myth too and didn't get it on my first pregnancy. It was far from a 'bleed' though. It was a tiny, trace size bit of reddish watery goop (sorry tmi) when I wiped after using the loo 9 days past ovulation. I was mildly crampy too and was cursing the fact that my pre-period spotting was starting earlier than normal, but at the same time didn't really care because I was starting IVF the next week. It went away and never came back (normally my spotting starts like that, really light, then builds up to full on period over about a week) but this time it was gone after that one wipe, well until a few weeks after confirming the pregnancy, but that was the m/c spotting starting...

Ugh.. girls I'm up earlier because I'm 'studying'. God it even feels weird to write that. I have a 'work related' exam (well 2 actually) that I have to do to be qualified in my new role. Pain in the butt and it is insufferably boring!! Right back to it. Of course I'll be checking in soon to see if anyone posts to distract myself!
    No doubt you're all still snuggled in bed, that's where I'd be if this wasn't bloody hanging over my head! I can hear OH snoring from down here, his sleepy blissfulness is starting to really annoy me, maybe I'll bang some pots! ;)

My HPTs arrived today so decided to try them out, got BFN. I'm only 11 DPO so know its a bit too early to test right? Its funny how you can nearly imagine symptoms, felt queasy most of the day today so nearly convinced myself that I would get a positive.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

My HPTs arrived today so decided to try them out, got BFN. I'm only 11 DPO so know its a bit too early to test right? Its funny how you can nearly imagine symptoms, felt queasy most of the day today so nearly convinced myself that I would get a positive.

If you didnt test with the first morning urine then you may not be out yet. just too weak a sample to give a reading. ;) fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hey there, good to hear re the acupuncture- can I ask which therapist you used?

any update funksoulsista?

I'm on cd22...I actively HATE this 2ww...I think its because I have no control over the wait or the outcome. It's funny although I hope against hope for a positive, something inside me actually expects the negative. I'm not sure if thats as a result of 1year of negatives or if I am just a negative person in general. I actually found myself praying at home the other night (felt like a total hyprocrite then!)

How's everyone else?

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    any update funksoulsista?

I'm on cd22...I actively HATE this 2ww...I think its because I have no control over the wait or the outcome. It's funny although I hope against hope for a positive, something inside me actually expects the negative. I'm not sure if thats as a result of 1year of negatives or if I am just a negative person in general. I actually found myself praying at home the other night (felt like a total hyprocrite then!)

How's everyone else?

Did a test again today, for the craic as you do (!) and still BFN. I'm on Cd 26 now. Was a bit crampy yesterday so well see if AF appears in next couple of days.

Yellow Hen I have no doubt I'll end up praying myself at some stage and I ain't too religious !

Day 16

*waits patiently*

Day 16

*waits patiently*

Isn't it just the pits ;(

I'm actually really chilled this month:D I've been having acupuncture and it's doing wonders:D

First signs of AF coming, boooo.

I'm actually really chilled this month:D I've been having acupuncture and it's doing wonders:D
    Oh I really want to go to acupuncture soon too. I was about to book an appt when my husband told me that unless the accupuncturist was medically qualified I can never donate blood again. Does anyone know if this us right? Might ring them tomorrow.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh I really want to go to acupuncture soon too. I was about to book an appt when my husband told me that unless the accupuncturist was medically qualified I can never donate blood again. Does anyone know if this us right? Might ring them tomorrow.

If it was done by a non "qualified" one you can't donate for 4 months after accupuncture

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well ladies and gents - I went to a seminar last night on Nutrition for Fertility and suffice to say, it's all about the Omega 3 Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 and Zinc!
    Get them into you - men and women!!

I am on day 16 and we're doing the deed like nobody's business! ;)
    I had acupuncture twice this month and I'm back on the drug that helped me to conceive my little boy so feeling a lot more positive about things. No doubt, the 2WW will drive me crazy and I'll be on here, symptom spotting, only to be disappointed at the end of it! But we can only try! :)
    Good luck to all.

If it was done by a non "qualified" one you can't donate for 4 months after accupuncture

thank you! Will try accupuncture next month so. Feck it, I've tried everything else ;)

• Advertisement

I've been doing acupuncture - 4 sessions so far, and it aint cheap! I am going to give it up for a while because it's actually making me exhausted.

Just back from gynae, she said I started Clomid too late. Have to wait now til my next cycle starts and go for more blood tests and scans and can't take Clomid til the cycle after that. Grrrr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement