Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

It was a pity how Eamon Keane left so abruptly. He's on Facebook if you want to get in touch with him.
    Kiberd is too right-wing for my liking. I'm getting sick on his constant swipes at the unemployed. Hook has no objectivity as he's a Fine Gaeler through and through. He doesn't like criticism (he dropped me from Twitter after I had a go at him about his comments before the Ireland/England match :D)
    Dunphy is a tool. So much for his "no spoofers" rule. I used to like the guy but I lost all respect for him after his arse licking of O'Brien following the Moriarty report.

Moncrieff is still alright I suppose :rolleyes:

must say i like Tom Dunne's show whenever i get to listen in. Eamon Keane was very good and that lad jonathan healy is also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tippx

I dont Think you got one name right in your last line. Karen Coleman, Henry mckean, Damien kiberd.:D

Got OTB right though ......dident I?,,,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

tippx wrote: »
    Got OTB right though ......dident I?,,,:)

didn't!

I dont think Dunphy was defending o Brien on the contry he was fairly forceful about the situation,Dunphy has only a 2 hour gig he wouldent give a ****e if dennis o brien came all heavy He,d more than likely tell him to piss off he has other stuff goin on, but,thats intresting about Hook ,I knew he was a snake,I only txt into OTB now and again I never send Emails or twitter I went to the OTB road show though in Mc phails pub in Drogheda very entertaining

didn't!

spell cheuqe is,sint wrking:confused:

• Advertisement

:pac:

OMG Jedward rocks on Newstalk, bet spin 1830:D1038 are sh...in them selfs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I only txt into OTB now and again I never send Emails or twitter I went to the OTB road show though in Mc phails pub in Drogheda very entertaining

Has anyone had an email read out on OTB or other Newstalk programmes lately? I've emailed one or two shows recently and they haven't been read out although they used to read out my emails regularly enough before.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're pushing the whole 30 cent per text rip-off by not reading out people's emails anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Post of the day imo.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Did I hear correctly or did Joan Burton belch during an interview a short while ago on the Breakfast Show ?

• Advertisement

chughes wrote: »
    Did I hear correctly or did Joan Burton belch during an interview a short while ago on the Breakfast Show ?

yep!! i'd say everyone was just thinking wtf and thought nah, that didn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Good to hear I didn't imagine that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I thought it was just me!......that heard it that is not that I was the only one who belched:D I waited for her to excuse herself or something. It was really loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I heard that too! Surely she would have excused herself though? Could it have been something else, like Chris?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Heard it too this morning - but here is a link to the podcast

@ 15.05 on part 3 of today's show!

what if she meets the queen and it happens:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

What's the deal with Hooky and his cyclist bashing?

Personally, I don't think the same rules should apply to motor vehicles and bicycles. Doesn't make sense to me.

It's one of his hobby horses that he's always getting excited about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

If you feel a Thread or a Post has been started or added to the Radio Forum in bad taste or has only an intention of prevoking a debate which does not involve radio please report your concern to the Mods using the report post function.

What's the deal with Hooky and his cyclist bashing?

Personally, I don't think the same rules should apply to motor vehicles and bicycles. Doesn't make sense to me.

It's one of his hobby horses that he's always getting excited about.

I think he has a point though. I cycle quite a lot and it always annoys me to see cyclists going through red lights, going the wrong way down one way streets and cycling on foothpaths. They also don't seem to think that they should stop at pedestrian crossings either. Having said that I've been in plenty of scrapes where motorists have cut me up and not given me right of way when I was entitled to it but I think the roads would be a lot safer for everyone if cyclists observed the basic traffic laws. Most of them do not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who is this Arnold Schwarzenigger that Chris O'Donohue keeps mentioning?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Arnold Householdstaffshagger !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

see ye jane. get off the radio

I cant stand hook any more since 3 Mths ago I switch over to Matt cooper Less ads for one, and that show he,"s doing on Sat mornings what is it some sort of start up your life" Agony" Uncle, He,s hardly qualified and yes he has a thing against cyclist.
    Oh god I feel the Agony!!!!!!!!!from here:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Tom Dunne is going to be presenting a 2 hour music show on Sunday nights, can't help wondering if this may be the start of the process of easing him out of his daytime show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Thats kinda good news. Im afraid i cant listen to him in the morning. Its just lots and lots of talking with nothing being said.
    Any other changes to the schedule do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Any other changes to the schedule do you know?

No, I only knew about that because he mentioned on the show yesterday. It starts next Sunday night, I think its going to be from 10 to 12 .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Rubik. wrote: »
    No, I only knew about that because he mentioned on the show yesterday. It starts next Sunday night, I think its going to be from 10 to 12 .

Thanks for that.
    Amazingly that sounds less appealing than a repeat of down to business!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

If they have any sense, they'll replace Tom (who I incidently like) with someone who can take on Pat Kenny in this time slot as Pat has evidently given up the current affairs format years ago for rubbishy music, cooking segments, book plugging and gardening nonsense.

Definite gap in the market here. Even a phone-in show, a Newstalk Liveline of sorts would be gold in this time slot. And no Funny Friday crap to worry about either. Sort it Newstalk!

• Advertisement

telekon wrote: »
    Definite gap in the market here. Even a phone-in show, a Newstalk Liveline of sorts would be gold in this time slot. And no Funny Friday crap to worry about either. Sort it Newstalk!

Didn't Newstalk already have a quasi-Liveline show with Brenda Power hosting it? It wasn't all that interesting although she probably wasn't the right person for it. I'd love to see Kevin Myers hosting something like that. He'd eat them alive :D

On the subject of Tom Dunne, am I the only person who doesn't give a flying fart about his family situation? This is something I've noticed about Ray D'Arcy and Tom Dunne. They go on ad nauseum about their children. Maybe this is to try and make the listener feel that they are privy to their private lives but I just find it dull and boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement