Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Cazale wrote: »
    Had to turn it off.

The guy filling in for Dumphy on Sunday had no control at all, everyone including the the presenter were all talking over each other -- TOTAL TURN OFF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

dh0661 wrote: »
    The guy filling in for Dumphy on Sunday had no control at all

Hi Donna, I just pulled down the podcast and listened to it now... I would agree.. It was a mess at the end.. everybody just talking over each other..

Also, I dont know why they didnt just lock Leo Varadkar in to the stocks and throw sponges at him.. I mean he's in Cabinet for a wet week and they expect him to rip up all the previous agreements negotiated by Fianna Fáil... I mean give them a chance, they are taking over an awful situation..

And how many times did Colleran mention THE STAR....

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

Anyone hear those vile, cowardly animals being interviewed by Henry McKeen just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Anyone hear those vile, cowardly animals being interviewed by Henry McKeen just now.

Yeah, absolute savages. The moral outrage of one of the scummers when a garda searched a females bag was laughable. I feel for the good residents of the area these people live in. One of the key points one of them made was that they liked it in prison. What sort of prison system do we have if people like being in there :confused:. They also said there was nothing to do in the area apart from a youth club. There is no youth club where i live but there are not people out stabbing each other and biting off peoples ears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Newstalk have been milking that interview since, and in doing so the initial shock value of the piece diminishes each time.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard clips of it on various programmes and promos.

It was a decent piece of journalism but the more it gets aired, the more kuduos the flesh eating knacker gets from his good for fúckall, parasitic 'hard man' peers.

Newstalk should either follow it up by naming the scúmbag and let natural justice take its course, or put it to bed and move on to something else.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Who was the new cat on Newstalk brekki this morn.....couldnt understand a word he said ...talked real fast....and had a severe dose of the DIS an Dats........

Where is Radio going with gimps like this.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Has Bobby Kerr got the most boring voice in radio??

I swore when I turned on the radio this morning, this fella was introducing the show...

Austin_Purcell.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Has Bobby Kerr got the most boring voice in radio??

Yes. His monotone is terrible. He seems like a decent fella but he's not for radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

dh0661 wrote: »
    The guy filling in for Dumphy on Sunday had no control at all, everyone including the the presenter were all talking over each other -- TOTAL TURN OFF.

I was listening to Dunphy repeat last night and he apologised for the conduct of one of the people on last weeks show. Apparently someone compared members of the public service to the IRA and UVF! Anyone know who it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭omerin

I'm sure it was Jim Power Coleman. He compared the public service to the IRA - financial terrorism. He later apologised. I think they were been a bit over the top and PC to be honest. He said it off the cuff, in reaction to what someone else said, nothing malicious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Ah, Jim "soft landing" Power. I had no idea he was back sharing his wisdom on the airwaves again!

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/down-on-your-knees-prayer-is-best-housing-policy-weve-got-136779.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

omerin wrote: »
    I'm sure it was Jim Power. He compared the public service to the IRA - financial terrorism. He later apologised. I think they were been a bit over the top and PC to be honest. He said it off the cuff, in reaction to what someone else said, nothing malicious.

Was it not that Coleman guy? The bloke who's running for the Senate?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

It was Coleman. He did indeed apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

dear God. dil from global village is trying her hand at stand up. stay away from the international bar on tuesdays and wednesdays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

dear God. dil from global village is trying her hand at stand up. stay away from the international bar on tuesdays and wednesdays!

Thank's for the warning. I'll leave the country for the next year, just to be careful!

Sergeant wrote: »
    Thank's for the warning. I'll leave the country for the next year, just to be careful!

actually, we better all go. otherwise we'll all be accused of being homophobic racists!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The Ivan and Chris slagging matches are really grating in me lately. I find myself turning over to a different station when Ivan starts. I hate saying it but it's verging on bullying.

Do station bosses not realise the negative impact it's having on the show on general. On another point, I've noticed Ivan seems disinterested lately almost like he has a pain in his hole doing the show. Maybe he won't be there much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

If the JNLR doesn't improve by at least 8-10,000 there will have to be changes, Breakfast shows should be the driver of a stations performance and Newstalk is struggling big time. Tom Dunne is a big problem aswell i think Sean Moncrieff should be brought into the 9-12 slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Badabing wrote: »
    If the JNLR doesn't improve by at least 8-10,000 there will have to be changes, Breakfast shows should be the driver of a stations performance and Newstalk is struggling big time. Tom Dunne is a big problem aswell i think Sean Moncrieff should be brought into the 9-12 slot.

Concur. This would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. Someone actually entertaining up against d'arse and Tubridy.

Poor old Tom, like him myself but he seems to rub a lot of people up the wrong way. :( He should go back to Today FM and do a music show again.

telekon wrote: »
    Concur. This would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. Someone actually entertaining up against d'arse and Tubridy.

Poor old Tom, like him myself but he seems to rub a lot of people up the wrong way. :( He should go back to Today FM and do a music show again.

what would we do in the afternoons then though?? i suppose we could listen to repeats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

what would we do in the afternoons then though?? i suppose we could listen to repeats.

Sile Seoige or Fionn Davenport would probably be stuck in that 130 slot :(:(

neris wrote: »
    Sile Seoige or Fionn Davenport would probably be stuck in that 130 slot :(:(

oh God no. they might even go back to the revolving presenters.... jennifer maguire and brian dowling. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here's a mad idea, find some new talent!

personally, it'd mean listening to richard bacon on 5live in the afternoons if moncreiff did move. he usually has some good guests on whenever i do listen to him.

at the moment it's 6 music in the mornings for the music fix. i'd probably have to get up earlier to get that then!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

George hook very good at the minute with Mary lou, getting very heated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Does anyone else think that damian kibird at lunchtime sounds a little strange lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Does anyone else think that damian kibird at lunchtime sounds a little strange lately?
    Is that not because it's Jonathan Healy? It was most of last week anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

It was Coleman. He did indeed apologise.

He only apologised after the subject moved on to the murder of a police officer by actual terrorists.

Terrorists are the new nazis. He was perfectly happy to equate the public sector (actually the ESB I believe) with murderers when he thought it would be a bit of populist rabble rousing. It was only when he realised it might be interpreted as insulting to the memory of Ronan Kerr that he changed his tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

mike65 wrote: »
    Here's a mad idea, find some new talent!

What about Anton Savage? He,d be new for NT but proven to work on todayfm and has that happy sarcastic jokey personality that might work. Put him up against darcy at 10am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

neris wrote: »
    What about Anton Savage? He,d be new for NT but proven to work on todayfm and has that happy sarcastic jokey personality that might work. Put him up against darcy at 10am

Please.....God.....NO!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement