Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Tom Dunne on again talking about enjoying himself in Galway.....
    ......The ladies love him.
    Do they really though? I can't see much to redeem him in a talk show format. He was good as a DJ though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

He just metioned "Eamon is up next"
    Is Keane back?

EDIT: no it's a freudaun slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Tom Dunne had Jedward in studio during the week

Such immature crap... and then there's Jedward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Leave Tom alone :mad:

Interesting documentary at the moment about the famine but ruined by a banshee wailing in the background.
    Apperantely its music but it drowns out the sound of the contributors.

This kind of arty farty messing spoils what is otherwise a very good programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Any one know how many listeners Dunne lost in the latest JNLR ratings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Any one know how many listeners Dunne lost in the latest JNLR ratings?

I read in the papers last week he was at 65,000 from around 73,000 which is quite amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

They need a serious overhaul there. They're a dogs breakfast at the moment and no sign of improvement on the horizon. They only knocked out fourteen hours of original programming yesterday with the repeats starting from 9pm last night. That's just downright lazy. Their licence should be reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Bit of a slip of the tongue by Henry mcKean there in his discussion about prostitution on the RightHook......"the price of blowjobs"!!! Good man Henry!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Claire byrne is apparantly moving to rte to present the afternoon show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Henwin wrote: »

They're welcome to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Henwin wrote: »

excellent. She's moving to something more suited to her, than serious news/business. Horses for courses and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

excellent. She's moving to something more suited to her, than serious news/business. Horses for courses and all that.
    Here Here. The Afternoon shows fluff based content will suit Claire down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Here Here. The Afternoon shows fluff based content will suit Claire down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Maybe she's too hard voiced and pushy for fluff;but could be good at selling things, even fluff:rolleyes:

Bit of a slip of the tongue by Henry mcKean there in his discussion about prostitution on the RightHook......"the price of blowjobs"!!! Good man Henry!

Yet Hookie still managed to bring the resession into the conversation.

I don't think it was a slip of the tongue at all. It was just Henry being up to his usual mischief.

The real slip of the tongue came later in the same programme when Hookie described Alan Kerins as a "great Cork hurler".

Great - Yes
    Cork - No (thank fuk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Have to say Jonathan Healy is far and away the best person that they have had on The Lunchtime... He's a lot brighter and enthusiastic than the others and he's a clever guy as well... Keep him Newstalk..

lord jaysus, get "Whelo" off the radio, my ears are bleeding... He always let Dublin down when they really need him, now we have to listen to him pontificating about "Pillar's" team...

Healy very good again today. I think Newstalk have found their man.. Does anybody know if he is staying or is the musical chairs set to continue.. Healy is the best, Kiberd second,

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Healy very good again today. I think Newstalk have found their man.. Does anybody know if he is staying or is the musical chairs set to continue.. Healy is the best, Kiberd second,

Damien Kiebird used to the lunchtime show about 6 years ago fulltime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Healy very good again today...Healy is the best
    We get it. You like Jonathan Healy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was listening from 8 till 9 on and off, heard the following items

Duvet days Do they work?
    Someones supposedly green/eco central heating costing a bomb to run
    Prize calf (with beautful thighs) stolen at a country fair in Cavan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

mike65 wrote: »

Duvet days Do they work?

Some important social issues there Mike. Definitely trying to emulate the great John Humphrys and the Today programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Duvet days Do they work?
    I just can't do it...I know that it is slow news time, but I don't think that Morning Ireland is any better these days. I listen most mornings at the same time to MI and it is the usual top 2 stories between 8 and 8.30 or should I say 8.15 (I do love What It Says In The Papers). And then from 8.30 to 9 it is a bit of what they can pull out of the pot...a goat doing a line with an eel and whatever you are having yourself.
    What can these radio programmes do when there is no government sitting? Should they be doing more investigative reporting?

Just listening to a bit of the "in house" commentary from Newstalk of the Liverpool - Arsenal game. Shambolic tripe from the posh boys of Off the Ball. When Joe Cole got card red carded it was an age before the made it clear that was actually the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Duvet days Do they work?
    It is the summer in fairness. Not that I agree with the fluff content but context etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Just listening to a bit of the "in house" commentary from Newstalk of the Liverpool - Arsenal game. Shambolic tripe from the posh boys of Off the Ball. When Joe Cole got card red carded it was an age before the made it clear that was actually the case.

Sounded to me like Newstalk were sitting in a studio watching it on TV with crowd noises dubbed on to sound like they were at the match

At one stage the commentator goes "and another chance for Liverpool, oh, eh, that was a replay of the goal"

They probably didn't see the red card being shown to Joe Cole and had to spoof until Sky flashed up a graphic.

Cheap, lazy, misleading 'commentary' :mad:

Appologies for my incoherence in the post quoted above, I was only slightly clearer than the commentary!

If that is what we have to put up with for the whole season I'll be praying my FM 5live signal holds out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

SkidMark wrote: »
    Sounded to me like Newstalk were sitting in a studio watching it on TV with crowd noises dubbed on to sound like they were at the match

At one stage the commentator goes "and another chance for Liverpool, oh, eh, that was a replay of the goal"

Ken Early didn't deny it, or admit it for that matter, when asked about it on twitter. But the commentary was no worse then the crowd they were using last year, or the one on the stream I was watching yesterday. Still, it was a bit ridiculous for Ger Gilroy to pretend they were at anfield.

Doesn't RTE's Premier Soccer Saturday do the same thing?

• Advertisement

I don't think Premier Soccer Saturday have ever suggested anything, its obvious enough that they do not send a pack of commentators to 5/6 venues for a matchday if one thinks about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement