Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

My god , terrible show today at Lunchtime.. After a very disjointed, awkward, back slapping piece between Vincent Browne and Ben Dunne, he's now after pissing of Kevin Myers and he's hung up.. Even Eamon Keane was better than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Myers hanging up was fairly unjustified and unprofessional IMO. If he felt there was any discrepancy in how he was introduced, I'd liked to have had him expand on it. Threw his dummy out of the pram over very little there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Myers was perfectly correct to end the interview. The Sex Pistols introduction, the smug introduction of Myers, the sneering attitude of O'Brien. Pathetic radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was listening up to my arms in washing so could'nt escape the early part of the show. It was awful. Apart from the fact VB is a rather awkward presence unless he has his teeth into someones arse O'Brien was woeful, his intro was cringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭tubos

The Kevin Myers bit was one of the best pieces of radio in a long time. Major LOL!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

anyone got a link?

edit: found the archive, what time did it happen at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

sesna wrote: »
    Claire Byrne is an empty vessel who seriously wrecks my head, and feels she has to share her stupid, dogmatic opinions a few times on every show.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

tbh wrote: »
    anyone got a link?

edit: found the archive, what time did it happen at?

Around quarter to one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

nvm - found it, 49 mins in

ha ha - hilarious!

I see the NT website still does not feature O'Brien on the front page of presenters, so there is still hope.

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/

Just listened back, O'Brien really is such a professional arsehole. hehe, he's having to fill time now.

DARA - YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

On a different note,
    I dont get why Tom Dunne gets so much stick here. His show is very entertaining and (on occasion) funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

mike65 wrote: »
    I see the NT website still does not feature O'Brien on the front page of presenters, so there is still hope.

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/

Just listened back, O'Brien really is such a professional arsehole. hehe, he's having to fill time now.

DARA - YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

It was done tongue in cheek by Dara! Kevin should go and get a sense of humour. Myers has form on this.

Nope he set Myres up. Thats incredibly unprofessional, and then he is off editorialising about QE2 like he thinks he's Eamon Dunphy or worse Eamon Keane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GalwaysAwake

I personally thought it was a bit tongue in cheek. The interview has been immortalised with an upload of the clip to Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MqEs0c28g

Apparently he got his wrist slapped by management and NT have appologised

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i don't like dara o'brien, but i can't stand kevin myarse. he comes across like anyone who disagrees with him is an uneducated mucksavage, and his inability to have a bit of a laugh at the expense of the whole situation dealing with lizzie windsor when most of us don't really give a toss is a bit much. i'd safely say more people are worried about the cost of her visit on the taxpayer than any political signals it'd show.
    but as the leader of the west british, kevin took it to heart. does the fact that i found it funny mean that i should apply to oxbridge for a 'proper' education?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:rolleyes:

Bit of a chip on your shoulder there horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

:rolleyes:

Bit of a chip on your shoulder there horse?

no chips at all, but hey, at least you didn't regale us with tales of your scrotum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Just heard the Dara and Kevin interview - mmm, not very professional!

Newstalk presenters have one agneda - to get their own opinion across only and to make fun and belittle others opinions. Where the likes of Sean O'Rourke you might not always be sure of which side he is on. I am totally sick of them...like when Kevin rightly hung up on Dara, he then proceeded to give us his opinion!

Daria O'Brien is not on today - Ger Gilroy is in the chair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

mike65 wrote: »
    Daria O'Brien is not on today - Ger Gilroy is in the chair

Are NT still doing the World Cup daily show with Gilroy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Badabing wrote: »
    Are NT still doing the World Cup daily show with Gilroy?
    I listened from 1-2 today and it was that exact show with Gilroy. Quite good it was too.

Whoops again!

On The Right Hook Patricia McKenna got her arse and elbow confused and ended up slandering Dick Burke (FG) when she meant to name Ray Burke when talking about the Corrib gas field.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Heard Myers at the time. The usual grandstanding, and attention seeking from him. What a drama queen. Probably smarting from from not being on as cover for George Hook's shows anymore, or something:confused:.

He makes few incisive points for all the 'auld guff'.

Not to labour the point but do you think a presenter (with the connivance of a producer) should set up a guest for a fall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

I think Newstalk should be renamed Ben Dunne FM. He's always wheeled in now to talk about anything, and almost spends more time on newstalk than the great Sean Moncrief.

I wonder does he have a deal to get free advertising in return for contributing to the various shows he is wheeled out to pontificate on daily?

Damien Kiebard back doing Lunchtime show today is it 2002 or something, Gilroy back Dunphy back surely Eoin Sweeney and Daire o' Brian will be back full time soon. Joke of a station at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

Badabing wrote: »
    Damien Kiebard back doing Lunchtime show today is it 2002 or something, Gilroy back Dunphy back surely Eoin Sweeney and Daire o' Brian will be back full time soon. Joke of a station at this stage.

All we need now is David McWilliams to turn up at the station and it will really be back to the future! frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Bro, do you even listn to Talking History, Moncreiff, Off The Ball or Culture Shock?

• Advertisement

hacx wrote: »
    Bro, do you even listn to Talking History, Moncreiff, Off The Ball or Culture Shock?

no no yes no, What's your point dude?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement