Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T4 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

faceman wrote: »
    I havent watched the new trailer in full yet but Im getting a AvP Requiem vibe off it.

I got that vibe after watching the trailer.
    Particularly at the scene where we see the Terminator vehicle roll over the human skulls.

I expect that like AvP, it will be an OTT action film, with a few scenes paying homage to the originals, thrown in to force an attachment to the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I got that vibe after watching the trailer.
    Particularly at the scene where we see the Terminator vehicle roll over the human skulls.

I expect that like AvP, it will be an OTT action film, with a few scenes paying homage to the originals, thrown in to force an attachment to the originals.

I felt the same way about the earlier trailers for T4. But I have to say, the new trailer shows a helluva lot more depth than before. It'll be action packed. There's no doubt about that. But so was T2. This new trailer, with the references to the Battlestar Galactica-esque not-human dilema, as well as John having to battle everything he is to trust that which he is seeking to destroy. Now, believe me, with the way things have been going with the film (set reports, meltdowns and what have you), I'm not expecting much. But the trailer makes the film look great. No T2, but leagues better than T3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

The trailer does contain spoliers to the whole story line and where they are going with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Trailer looks truely EPIC. Doesnt have the same grittyness as t1+2 which is a shame but then again, considering this is a film about the war between man and machine i suppose they decided itd be easier to make it more action orientated. Boost some revenue.

Still though, imo its looking savage. I still dont reserve much hope for it, but after seeing the trailer i at least have SOME hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Patricide wrote: »
    Trailer looks truely EPIC. .

That may be, but a good trailer isn't worth a **** these days.
    I can't even count the amount of amazing trailers I saw for films that turned out ot be pyure ****e.

Look at 30 Days Of Night, Quantum of Solace, Defiance, Hancock...the list goes on.

Trailers amount to nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Look at 30 Days Of Night

I loved 30 Days of Night, but I agree with the point you are making.The Unborn also had a great trailer and was absolutely dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

im a bit clearer now on what they are doing with this, its bit earlier in the future story then i thought, ovelaps with bsg alot but hey no story is new

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Based on the trailers and such, I actually think this will be a pretty good action film. However, it doesn't look like a Terminator film. As people have mentioned, Cameron's films had an aesthetic that doesn't seem to have crossed over to the sequels.

It reminds me of Die Hard 4.0: a good action film, but not a DH film.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,583 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That may be, but a good trailer isn't worth a **** these days.
    I can't even count the amount of amazing trailers I saw for films that turned out ot be pyure ****e.

Look at 30 Days Of Night, Quantum of Solace, Defiance, Hancock...the list goes on.

Trailers amount to nothing.

Very true.
    If you cant make a 2 minute segment look good then its a bad bad film.
    So many trailers nowadays cram all the best bits in ,often revealing spoilers .
    I try not to watch too many trailers as I enjoy a film more without having pre knowledge of the plot.

Otacon wrote: »
    Based on the trailers and such, I actually think this will be a pretty good action film. However, it doesn't look like a Terminator film. As people have mentioned, Cameron's films had an aesthetic that doesn't seem to have crossed over to the sequels.

It reminds me of Die Hard 4.0: a good action film, but not a DH film.
    Gotta agree, but then again noone will ever be able to match camerons work. Roll on avatar i say :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Well without Cameron directing it looks like it might be good, but I thought a few of the special effects looked too Michael Bay-ish, and director McG did Charlies Angles ffs, so it could just be Transformers with Bruce Wayne and without the cars and trucks! :p

too much daylight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

too much daylight?

Is that necessarily a bad thing? I get the feeling that the reason people are saying it hasn't got the right vibe is because there is seemingly a lot of daylight. But what's the problem with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Is that necessarily a bad thing? I get the feeling that the reason people are saying it hasn't got the right vibe is because there is seemingly a lot of daylight. But what's the problem with that?
    I guess some of us imagined post-apocalyptic earth to be a little darker. Unless all that nuclear could and dust has mysteriously vanished in which case it still pisses all over the entire Terminator story.

Messing with the image of T2 isn't just wrong, it's f*cking sacrilege.

Savman wrote: »
    I guess some of us imagined post-apocalyptic earth to be a little darker. Unless all that nuclear could and dust has mysteriously vanished in which case it still pisses all over the entire Terminator story.

Messing with the image of T2 isn't just wrong, it's f*cking sacrilegious.

The film is set in 2018, a good few years after Skynet launched the attack, and although I'm not an expert on the aftermath of a nuclear strike (:pac:) I imagine enough years would have passed for dust to settle.

Plus, from the scenes we've seen set at night it does seem like attempts have been made to recapture the sequences set in the future that Cameron created.

I wouldn't judge the film in comparison to T1 & T2, it's inevitable that you will be disappointed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but the Transforminators are what push me out of the comfort zone tbh. Even the tentacles we see have too much of a matrix vibe going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

The film is set in 2018, a good few years after Skynet launched the attack, and although I'm not an expert on the aftermath of a nuclear strike (:pac:) I imagine enough years would have passed for dust to settle

yeah it would be more than enough time passed

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well I can't speak for anyone else, but the Transforminators are what push me out of the comfort zone tbh. Even the tentacles we see have too much of a matrix vibe going on.

I think we've had this discussion before.:pac:
    indough wrote: »
    yeah it would be more than enough time passed

That's what I hoped to hear.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think we've had this discussion before.:pac:

Oh I vaguely recall - we established that I was right ... yeah? ;):p

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh I vaguely recall - we established that I was right ... yeah? ;):p

We'll find out on the 5th of June I suppose.:pac:

• Advertisement

it usually indicates going lighter... ie pg13

it doesn't look like what we've seen from the previous dreams. they should have got Michael mann in to do the his blue tinted digital night version of la.

name a good daylight scifi movie? actually now i realise the film reminds me of mad max, with the motorbikes etc

maybe of they do something with it. a tint or i dont know if they going to try using that eh... overbrightness, white sheen thats popular in video games these days.

remember in t3 when they they tried to bring the story from night to day, and in the commentary they explain how they didn't get it quite right and had to go back in a cgi a dark to light dawn at the beginning of the crane chase part,it looked dreadful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

[QUOTE='[DM]-TheDOC-]originally the termiantor was going to be a skinny run of the mill guy who could fit in.

Its kinda the perfect killing machine as you wouldnt see it coming,

originally the guy who plays the white cop ( of the black/white pair) was to be cast as the terminator.

After arnie pulled some diva muscle he got the role, and the film had to be overhauled.

I think a less then ripped terminator could well work, in a well put way[/QUOTE]Lance Henrikson yeah that would have been interesting, he was great in Millenium.

And he was the android in Aliens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

On further thought, some of the best scenes from T2 were 'daytime' shots. Feck it, I'll reserve judgement til I see it on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

New 4 minute trailer on apple movies

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/

It says its a clip but its a montage just like any other trailer.

Brilliant clip, really looking forward to this one! Looks like a very different take on the terminator franchise but i dunno it looks like a good one.

Wow, who needs to price of admission; there's enough content in this 4 minute clip to figure out the entire plot of this movie. Pretty sloppy stuff from the marketing department methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

I was really looking forward to this and then i watched the first 2 last night.
    I just cant put my finger on it but after seeing that 4 minutes trailer im left feeling hard done by. I dont know why as it seems that it will be an enjoyable 120 minutes or so but the hype of " The next terminator movie" has all drained
    :confused:

very post galatica

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Actually getting pretty wary over this movie now, the first two trailers were excellent but the new 10 leaked clips are all completely awful. Just looks very cheesy, sanitised action sequences, poor score and Bale's batman voice is back, hrrrm. Also the ending spoiler I read sounds pretty farcical too. And don't get me started on McG's present day plan for T5. Will wait for reviews but tide is turning for me sadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Simian!

Patricide wrote: »
    Brilliant clip, really looking forward to this one! Looks like a very different take on the terminator franchise but i dunno it looks like a good one.

I agree - I've abandoned any hope of anything ever living up to T2's standard but this looks like a good solid action flick. CGI looks impressive overall (apart from the terminator's head sliding across the floor).

I'm actually really looking forward to this now.

Advertisement