Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T4 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i've been meaning to ask anybody ever heard that ****ed up remix of the terminator theme, real hardcore one, it might have been aphex twin... don't think i can find it online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51843

Danny Elfman to compose Terminator Salvation. Just once he doesn't put his trademark "sound" into the score like he usually does, it's all good.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

LZ5by5 wrote: »

Danny Elfman to compose Terminator Salvation.

Oh Dear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Brad Fidel was too busy? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2226752000/tt0438488

we are the borg you will be assimilated?

• Advertisement

ah here it is, you'll have to turn it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ahh I have that on one of my old hard drives, It f*cking awful music!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

They shoulda got Newton Howard or even Bear McCreary. Elfman hasn't done a good score in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Seriously, does anyone see a common thread between his work on Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Spider-man and Sleepy Hallow?:pac:

He's done the Hulk and Planet of the Apes too, but they have been his unique scores.

who wrote the batman themse used a number of the films, cartoons, is it my imagination or is there a batman theme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51843

Danny Elfman to compose Terminator Salvation. Just once he doesn't put his trademark "sound" into the score like he usually does, it's all good.:p

You know he will and it will just sound like a German Polka song playing all through it.

I think the last good score he did was Hellboy 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Did anyone read the follow on book T2-Infiltrator?
    I wonder if they will pull some of the ideas out of that book. Arnies character in that was a Special Forces OP with a profile that Skynet used for the T-101.
    The infiltrator was actually a normal human with implants and brainwashed from a young age to be skynet friendly.
    It went into a bit more detail as to how John brought the defense networks down too.

I think the last good score he did was Hellboy 2.
    Thought the Hellboy 1 score by Marco Beltrami was miles better then its sequel. His Max Payne work aint half bad either. I reckon even Beltrami would've been a better pick than Elfman for the T4 score.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

has it been mentioned yet that 2009 was the year arnie got the order to go back and kill sarah connor :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Jumpy wrote: »
    Did anyone read the follow on book T2-Infiltrator?
    I wonder if they will pull some of the ideas out of that book. Arnies character in that was a Special Forces OP with a profile that Skynet used for the T-101.
    The infiltrator was actually a normal human with implants and brainwashed from a young age to be skynet friendly.
    It went into a bit more detail as to how John brought the defense networks down too.

McG did point out in an interview and its been heard in the some of the preview clips that the story line will differ from what we know and love. There is a part where you hear Christian Bales voice saying something like "Somethings gone wrong, this wasnt the way my mother told me it would be" blah blah blah. I can't find the previewq but I'll keep looking.

EDIT : "This is not the future my mother warned me about and in this ........."
    I love the way they started the Terminator music in this one
    MSN Preview Trailer

I think ****ing around with the plot like that is a bad idea.

One guy I know tried to justify T3 by agreeing with the comment Arnie made in the movie about how judgement day was inevitable, and that they had merel post-poned it.

I heavily disagreed with this and now, they're telling us that the whole back story has basically been re-written?

I hate the way anything remotly good thee days has to be turned into a franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

I think ****ing around with the plot like that is a bad idea.

I heavily disagreed with this and now, they're telling us that the whole back story has basically been re-written?

But that's the whole backing to the story, that you can change the future/ past/ present (depending on your period in time)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

TBF to McG I think its just a way of creating suspense,

Like if we all knew that the day was going to be saved and exactly what was going to happen at the end of the new triolgy (which would happen without the timeline changing) then during every firefight etc we would know that Christian Bale would not be harmed and as such not really care.

Maybe i'm wrong and he's just making a holy balls of it

But that's the whole backing to the story, that you can change the future/ past/ present (depending on your period in time)

But clearly we can't, according to Anrie anyway.
    Judgement Day is inevitable, as was Skynet and the T-100s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Judgment day is inevitable but when it happens isn't.

• Advertisement

Right, so it's date can change but it's occurence can't?

That's a contradiction of principles.*

*yes I'm aware that they are principles in sci fi universe but it's still stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,047 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Right, so it's date can change but it's occurence can't?

That's a contradiction of principles.*

*yes I'm aware that they are principles in sci fi universe but it's still stupid.

To me, judgement day was inevitable quite simply because we were always going to create A.I at some point, and some work had already been done with the terminator tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a141908/elfman-signs-for-terminator-salvation.html
    Danny Elfman has revealed that he will provide the music for McG's upcoming blockbuster sequel Terminator Salvation.
    Elfman, the composer for Batman, Spider-Man and Men In Black, said that he may incorporate Brad Fiedel's original theme into his score.
    "I think if it comes up and it seems appropriate, we will [use it]," he told MTV. "And if it doesn't, we [won't]. I never really know what to expect when I begin other than just kind of get into it and have fun. Especially a movie like T4 - just have fun. So that's what I intend to do."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Whats the story with Kyle Reese? jesus he looks twelve

He aint gonna be much of a father figure is he

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Whats the story with Kyle Reese? jesus he looks twelve

He aint gonna be much of a father figure is he

Yep hate the look of him :\

Bring back michael biehn with a bit of makeup :D

A lot or speculation that the workprint has been leaked. It's showing up on a number of torrent sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

mmmm maybe Bale realised on set that he made a major career mistake signing up for this, listen to him freak out on the DP for walking while filming and putting him off bit ott
    http://perezhilton.com/2009-02-02-bales-verbal-barrage-christian-will-eff-a-bitch-up

That clip is priceless. "McG you got something to say to this prick..." McG's reply "Fair enough".

Bale should be ashamed of himself, there's no need to treat anyone on a film set in that manner. Sure the DoP made a mistake and it cost the production money but there's no need for Bale to flip out so easily and in such a nasty manner. Someone of authority should have stepped in at some point and ended it a lot sooner.

I do like Bale and having met him twice can testify that he's a really nice guy but after hearing that clip I've lost a lot of respect for him.

• Advertisement

Wow / lol, powerful performance from Bale there. Altho he kept slipping from his American accent to his British one :pac:

Advertisement