Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Interesting tip Sgt,the horse has been running well but I had him down as one that is still too high in the weights.
    Last win was off 70 and has crept back up to 83 but I wish you luck and if my fancy for the race does not win I hope yours does.

I'm actually going for e/w money as I kinda agree with you and dont expect it win, but it does have a good jock on board with a 50% strike rate and tries blinkers and hasnt been beaten more than 2 lengths in last 3 starts and likes the a/w.

Im actually having a lean spell myself as I am changing my method and getting more into bloodlines and be more selective on courses and distances. and trying to move away from evens faves to something more interesting and fun and challenging. Its a good game trying to beat the bookies
    A few ones I havent posted on here have come close so I will carry on

good luck with yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I'm actually going for e/w money as I kinda agree with you and dont expect it win, but it does have a good jock on board with a 50% strike rate and tries blinkers and hasnt been beaten more than 2 lengths in last 3 starts and likes the a/w.

Im actually having a lean spell myself as I am changing my method and getting more into bloodlines and be more selective on courses and distances. and trying to move away from evens faves to something more interesting and fun and challenging. Its a good game trying to beat the bookies

good luck with yours!

And the same to you.

good luck with yours!

looks like we both lost unfortunately, poor run by mine leaving it at the back, i expected more especially as money came for it

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

Any word today boys ??

connections expect Space Cadet to have a big run today Leopardstown 2:40 9-1

Johnny burke takes the ride on the gordon ellliott horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

connections expect Space Cadet to have a big run today Leopardstown 2:40 9-1

Johnny burke takes the ride on the gordon ellliott horse.

Elliott has 7 runners in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Tip for the 10.45 in happy valley. Double Master @12s in from 20s last night. Back small ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Word from yard today that chambord du lay will win in fairy house today. Currently odds on. I put on a treble with majestic theatre and call vinnie. I want to point out that chambord is the tip from yard and the other two are just my fancies so make up your own minds guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Got word for the church gate 2.55 fairyhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Short'n, but a shout for magdalene fox 18.45 newcastle

Fair ould drift. Bad info going on the market

• Advertisement

One connected to EIRI NA CASCA told me yesterday that the horse was fancied for the 4 oc at Leop today,i tried to get confirmation today but could not make contact (contact is at the races) and sometimes with all that is going on that is understandable so I went ahead and backed ew at 9s,ran well enough last time and could give hi running today.

This horse is usually fancied when he runs and is perhaps a bit inconsistent but could repay support nonetheless.

One connected to EIRI NA CASCA told me yesterday that the horse was fancied for the 4 oc at Leop today,i tried to get confirmation today but could not make contact (contact is at the races) and sometimes with all that is going on that is understandable so I went ahead and backed ew at 9s,ran well enough last time and could give hi running today.

This horse is usually fancied when he runs and is perhaps a bit inconsistent but could repay support nonetheless.

Out the back all the way until coming wit a promising run before hitting the 2nd last and losing a lot of momentum and came home in his own time in 6th.

SHALAMAN has been off for 300 days, not fully wound up yet there is no doubt he will come on for the run but he is in good form and has drifted out to 16s and a modest ew punt might give a return as the horse often runs well fresh and has a great turn of foot.5 30 Dundalk

The same stable give JACKMEL a very good chance in the 7 oc Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

SHALAMAN has been off for 300 days, not fully wound up yet there is no doubt he will come on for the run but he is in good form and has drifted out to 16s and a modest ew punt might give a return as the horse often runs well fresh and has a great turn of foot.5 30 Dundalk

Zimmer, Johann Back is also fancied to run well tonight in the same race fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

As is Red Avenger.

Mr Shelby for me

SHALAMAN ran very well after his layoff,i will be away for his next run in Dundalk in two weeks time,make a note of it.

A couple of very big priced tips today,make what will of them.

Trainer told connections that World's his Oyster will run very well in the 2 15 Muss has come to hand and expecting big run 25/1
    Someone well connected to Coolmore told me that Idaho 16s PP is expected to run very well in the Derby,it might be significant that the horse is 12s in Lads who seem to know the story about Coolmore.
    PP going 4 places in Derby.
    They nearly always win eventually,i only learned today that the horse had been gelded.

They nearly always win eventually,i only learned today that the horse had been gelded.

got a message today about this one and Wright Patterson. ignored both and Wright Patterson is still out there somewhere. oh well, was a tough day unless you backed all the faves

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Westle

Any tips or insights for the betfair hurdle on Saturday

• Advertisement

WINTER LION got a hefty rise for his easy win lto but he is going to try to make all again in the 5 30 at Dun and if he gets to the front will be hard to peg back.
    Is in good form and well fancied.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

WINTER LION got a hefty rise for his easy win lto but he is going to try to make all again in the 5 30 at Dun and if he gets to the front will be hard to peg back.

really liking the 2.26 on two places so took that one with a smaller stake
    on the win...hard to see it out of the first two

HANDS OF STONE is very strongly fancied for the 4 25 Bangor,this one is a really strong bet from one well connected to the yard.

Westle wrote: »
    Any tips or insights for the betfair hurdle on Saturday
    CLYNE has plenty of weight but is very well fancied for this race.

Ran a dreadful race,is quirky and will not carry my money again.

CLYNE has plenty of weight but is very well fancied for this race.
    Got 7/1 ew so a little profit but what is amazing and it must make us look at stats in a different way is the fact that the fav won and the co-second favs were 2nd and 3rd.

Long priced and "plot" horses always dominated this race and the result here might make us look at the big Cheltenham handicaps in a different way and not ignore horses whose form is an open book concentrate less on horses that we perceive to have been tenderly handled and laid out for their chosen handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

<snip>

SHALAMAN ran very well after his layoff,i will be away for his next run in Dundalk in two weeks time,make a note of it.
    HAVE SOMETHING EW ON THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Done. Got it at 7s. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

10 to 1 b365

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement