Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Moscow is magnificent

Was told from what I would consider a decent source that Sassy Diva is fancied by connections to run into at least a place in the mares bumper at Aintree today. Looking at the form myself im not sure if she will be good enough to win it but was 2nd to fayonagh last time out, all be it beaten by 20l. Would depend on how strong the English bumper horses are this year and to me ours are a good bit stronger. Have had a medium sized each way bet as the guy that gave it to me is very reliable. 9s with betway and 8a generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Aintree tomorrow 6.15
    Connections are very sweet on wakea

The one I posted yesterday is still running but have been told Wings Like Arion will not be out of the first 3 in the 735 Wexford tonight. 5/1 generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Very reliable word for TRUE BLUE MOON in the 5.25 Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cheers hefferboi!

• Advertisement

No bother gav.

Short priced but a win is a win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

hefferboi wrote: »
    No bother gav.

Short priced but a win is a win!

I've had many a short priced loser so no complaints here !!!!

You won't get rich backing it but I've been told that Regal Gait is fancied by connections to win the 210 Chelmsford. A comfortable winner of a handicap here in October the small bit of extra distance will suit, it will be striking fit after runnkng over hurdles in the winter and was pulled from a hurdles race on Tuesday in favour of taking advantage of its lenient mark on the flat today. 7/4 with SJ(can't get a bet on with them) and 13/8 generally but i would imagine it will go off shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Won well, thanks!

• Advertisement

No problem lads, hope a few of ye were on. Last couple I put up were a bit unlucky(4th to cost us ew money and another slipping up on the bend when definitely placing for stakes back) but hopefully that gets us back on a winning run. That was good info to be fair, would have went off odds on had there not been late money for second fav. Same guy who text me reckons he has one laid out at Southwell for Sunday, will post when I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Thanks MIM. Stopped the bleeding somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

EDDIEBET strongly fancied to beat the odds on fav 3 20 Southwell money back if 2nd to fav Lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Folkswood 3o clock Newmarket looks thrown in if he runs to meydan form

I said wrote: »
    Folkswood 3o clock Newmarket looks thrown in if he runs to meydan form

Sh1t

I had a speculative bet on dabulena last night at 2s in the 510 in Tipp as I was quite taken with its run first time out and though the prices were wrong as they had priced the O Brien one as fav which I thought was wrong. However I've just gone in again at events having received a text from a mate close to Weld's yard and they think it's as close to a penalty kick in Racing as there is especially with O'Briens going for such a walk in the market. Have had max bet on at the evens still left around and I think it will go off shorter.

• Kieran Fallon on ITV4 said that he thinks the Queen will have a winner on Saturday. When asked about it he said "have a look". I've seen him giving pointers before that have won.

I can't get the runners for Saturday. I'm wondering was he hinting at Queen Kindly in the Fred Darling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Kieran Fallon on ITV4 said that he thinks the Queen will have a winner on Saturday. When asked about it he said "have a look". I've seen him giving pointers before that have won.

I can't get the runners for Saturday. I'm wondering was he hinting at Queen Kindly in the Fred Darling?

Perhaps one of the Queen's horses he means? Ryan Moore riding two of them at Newbury on Saturday afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Kieran Fallon on ITV4 said that he thinks the Queen will have a winner on Saturday. When asked about it he said "have a look". I've seen him giving pointers before that have won.

I'd assume he literally means The Queen.
    Two debut 3 year olds on Saturday. The 4:15 and 4:45 at Newbury

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Two in Newbury on Saturday run in the Queen's colour's, 4.15 Call to Mind and 4.45 Musical Terms, both trained by William Haggas and ridden by Ryan Moore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

razorhead wrote: »
    Two in Newbury on Saturday run in the Queen's colour's, 4.15 Call to Mind and 4.45 Musical Terms, both trained by William Haggas and ridden by Ryan Moore

3-05 Newbury MATHS PRIZE 14-1 owned by Her Majesty...and it is her birthday today

not a tip, just saying like

Dubawi Prince Improved on last season's two runs when upped to 10.5f and winning Doncaster maiden this month; this is tougher but this 725,000gns half-brother to four horses with three-figure RPRs holds a Derby entry and further progress is likely.
    Enable Won well in ordinary 1m AW maiden at Newcastle in November; second and third won next time; markedly more is still required from this filly today, but top trainer has won last two runnings of this race and this Oaks entry has to be taken very seriously.
    Maths Prize Progressive 2yo last season, winning maiden on second start and following up in a nursery before creditable third at Doncaster in September (in cheekpieces; left off here); gelded since and needs to find improvement conceding weight all round; plenty of stamina on dam's side of pedigree.
    Raheen House Fulfilled previous promise when winning 1m York maiden in October before improved fourth at 25-1 in Group 1 Racing Post Trophy; sets a decent standard on that form and, as brother to a 1m2f winner, highly likely to stay this trip.
    Shutter Speed Much more needed on form of debut win in fair 1m Yarmouth maiden last September but top trainer - who has won last two runnings of this and also fields Enable - was very complimentary about this 1,000 Guineas and Oaks entry afterwards; no surprise to see her go very well.
    Temple Church Stepped up on promising debut effort when narrow winner from Raheen House (who showed improved form subsequently) over 1m here (soft) in September; this is harder but pedigree strongly suggests this Derby entry will stay this trip, while there's a good chance he'll be a better horse this year too; respected.

Got word for SHAKE THE BUCKET 14/1 Dundalk 6.55. Horse is probably too old but was told if it's drawn 1,2 or 3 it will go close. Draws number 2 tonight. Only go small at EW

hefferboi wrote: »
    Got word for SHAKE THE BUCKET 14/1 Dundalk 6.55. Horse is probably too old but was told if it's drawn 1,2 or 3 it will go close. Draws number 2 tonight. Only go small at EW

Very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I have a good ew bet on Veinard at 4/1 ew in the 4 55 Pun,my fancy and not a tip but I just received a call telling me that Miles to Memphis is well fancied ew and pp is paying 4 places so I had to have a saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

I have a good ew bet on Veinard at 4/1 ew in the 4 55 Pun,my fancy and not a tip but I just received a call telling me that Miles to Memphis is well fancied ew and pp is paying 4 places so I had to have a saver.

Why is it in the tips thread?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Why is it in the tips thread?

Because the second portion of the sentence is a tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Monaleen 4.55 today

Late word for atty presse 150 sandown

The shearers wife in the bumper punchestown

• Advertisement

Blue point 3.45 ascot was at all the big dances last year should have plenty to win here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement